Flood AMA
(12-30-2017, 03:31 PM)dawson270500 Wrote: Now then, how we doing?

Elaborate please.

(12-30-2017, 03:35 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: How much longer do you think FL will go on for?

Seeing as it's becoming more of a player vs player type of gameplay, I do not think it will last longer than about 2 years. Promoting roleplay is fairly hard and with new users arriving with a gameplay setup so that you do not need to seek out amongst other roleplayers will generate a smaller and less devoted community - it's quite evident already, seeing the very few "regulars" that we have today. Some communities manages nevertheless to blossom under these circumstances but I do feel as if the very foundation relied on that (and how unique are these communities nowadays?).

I think a 2-year plan need to be drafted so there's clear guidelines for what is to be developed and what is not, because now, and have been for quite some time, intangible in regards to where FL is supposed to be heading; more than that "we should all have fun". I think this boils down to self-gaining atmosphere within the management (this refers to Soul and any other responsible manager within their specific area).

(12-30-2017, 04:01 PM)Divey Wrote: Do you have any regrets from your time at FL?

Perhaps that I quit too early this time around in regards to the legacy left by me, because truthfully it was right of me to leave because of work and aspiring career choice, but it was sad to see it being dragged in the mud and feeling rather disowned by someone you had felt you had a good understanding with. I ideally would of worked harder to form a team that I saw fit and also build a new and stronger foundation, but that would be a years worth of effort and with an ever growing democracy and also disrespect within the community, it was harder to form new policies without major opposition and to maintain them.

So in short, that I didn't go harder to sort out the bad eggs from the bunch.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
If the servers and community were ever in dire need for organisation in the future, would you sacrifice some of the time that could be spent on your real social and career life, to fix and organize whatever needs to be sorted, even if it meant taking the role as SA once again?
(12-30-2017, 05:19 PM)Create Wrote: If the servers and community were ever in dire need for organisation in the future, would you sacrifice some of the time that could be spent on your real social and career life, to fix and organize whatever needs to be sorted, even if it meant taking the role as SA once again?

Only if I was above SAs with power to organize as fit - obviously I wouldn't be able to do whatever because of how poorly it would be received, but I would want to control all aspects and delegate out tasks without having to answer to someone, yet preserve the spirit of the team.. but it would be temporarily. I don't think everyone is capable of maintain such a position because of how self-rewarding it can be if you manipulate its purpose, but personally I believe I'm not corruptable.

Also I would want to receive something as compensation, which I think should be standardized for all "major" contributors to FL today.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Lewwings
What kind of Super Admin were you aspiring to be?

What is your darkest secret?
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
Now(At this time) then(makes this bit mean hello), How(in what way does something work) we(in this mean you) doing(if you are okay)
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
(12-31-2017, 12:04 AM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: What kind of Super Admin were you aspiring to be?

What is your darkest secret?

Someone that would create a functioning system that relies on multiple organs within the staff team, not dependable on individuals necessarily. Furthermore to reestablish a respect towards the team, with strong policies and regulations so biasness would be minimized. In short, to make it clear who was what and create a community rather than an individualistic player environment.

Uh, I have no clue what to do in 2018 even if some people think I seem super deadset on what to do Skeptical

(12-31-2017, 12:08 AM)dawson270500 Wrote: Now(At this time) then(makes this bit mean hello), How(in what way does something work) we(in this mean you) doing(if you are okay)

Oh right, thought you mean in regards to FL..

I'm gucci, going out to travel for few months perhaps this year and just out looking to work, not studying. I have few decision anxiety, but beyond that I'm fairly okay.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I'm currently investing my time in my A-Level Photography course and recently bought a Canon 1300D or the Rebel T6(For you Americans).

I don't know where to start on advancing my skills, can you recommend any texts or videos to get myself started in order to enrich my techniques?

-Removed by Steven8ken
(01-04-2018, 07:17 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: I'm currently investing my time in my A-Level Photography course and recently bought a Canon 1300D or the Rebel T6(For you Americans).

I don't know where to start on advancing my skills, can you recommend any texts or videos to get myself started in order to enrich my techniques?

Youtube honestly

Check out Mango Street, Peter McKinnon and so forth. Just start and dwelve into and and seek inspirations, paintings or other photographers, and just make yourself take photos all the time. Even if they're bad. Start looking around instagram and follow the type of photos you like and you'll quickly start to make a pattern in your head. I'm no pro, but I've found that the more you research, the more type of videos that fits your type of intended style will arise.

Best of luck buddy. Follow me on instagram, viktorjorneryd , if you wanna see what my stuff looks like.
Kind Regards,
Floodify