Unban request
Your name: MrSimsFani

Your ban ID: 78903

Steam ID:
[b]STEAM_0:1:55758756
[/b]

Reason: Contra basing as a Citizen, d/c to avoid arrest.

Staff member who banned you:[FL:T] Link66

Reason why you should be unbanned:Well, why every else do that too? They just change job name into criminal and that's it? And police officers did shoot me when they tried to arrest me, so i think NLR does come in effect. 
we never shot you when we arrested you
Hello MrSimsFani,

I was not present when the situation happened, but a quick check in the logs gave me all of the information I needed to know.

Firstly, everyone else breaking a rule is not a valid reason to also do so - it is clear in rule 9.8a that you should 'not make a contra-base as any of the jobs listed: Citizen'. All you needed to do was change your job to 'criminal', as you previously mentioned. This would more accurately describe what role you were playing on the server; a citizen is a law abiding member of the public who would not commit illegal activities!

Secondly, the logs showed me that you were not killed by anyone or anything. One of the officers handcuffed you, and about a minute later, you disconnected from the server, before they had got an arrest warrant. Taking what you said about the NLR as further evidence, I believe that what may have happened here is that you got stuck in a wall, which resulted in your teleportation back to the spawn area. This wasn't your fault. However, what was your fault was not requesting to be put back in the situation that you had a lucky escape from, as staff were online at the time. I feel you were a bit too hasty to leave the game, and took advantage of this glitch.

I will leave it up to the dealing administrator if they wish to change the ban reason to something more descriptive of the case, or remove the 'd/c' clause entirely, but I feel that a one day suspension for the action of both not having your job set and taking advantage of the glitch, resulting in a d/c to avoid arrest, is fair.

Looking at your activity over the past few days, I find it hard to believe that you couldn't tell the difference from an NLR screen and a stuck error.

Thanks,
Link
Link is correct, you could have simply changed your job title to “criminal”.

You’ve been provided no reason as to why you should be unbanned, so you’ve got 48 hours to provide that for me. If you do not provide any further reasoning as to why I should even consider this, I will conclude this based on what you have down now.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
You contrabased as a citizen, which you knew full well is against the rules.

Furthermore, just because someone else breaks a rule, doesn’t give you the right to do it yourself.

Denied.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]