I miss yall so much sometimes.
(10-23-2017, 10:11 AM)Falc Wrote: Throwback to the good old days.

Everyone being able to actually have a laugh on the server without knowing some kid is following you recording you because he wants a staff position so he tries to get players banned.

Raiding a dictator on 2D, 30 raiders all crammed in the shitty elevator getting popped off by a small government team doomforting 2nd floor Nexus.

Glad the child is coming along nicely, good to hear from oldies every now and then.

This dude, couldn't put it better myself.

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Ratatoskrr's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
Throwback to the real good old days: crab people.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Decay, Old Man Jokhah
Good to have you back Jokhah!
My personal "throwback" was the nexus elevator sound on V2D. I cant describe or find it anywhere but it has been engraved into my brain xD.
This isnt a call to revive that map since it isnt going to be viable in any way but damn i miss that map sometimes.
The following 4 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • mintblackbeard, Old Man Jokhah, Luna, Link
Not what I expected when I first opened this thread, I’ll be honest. Everything’s changed and while it’s unfortunate, it’s just the way the cookie crumbled.

Either way, I miss you too, Jokhah <3

PS: glad to hear the baby’s doing well.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 1 user Likes Reebs's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
I know I wasn't here in the "good old days" but I could really do without the wannabe admins and CityRP elitism
Glad to hear the baby's safe, please update us!
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 1 user Likes Archer's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
FL is dead has been for about a year and half. Full of no body's getting staff. I tell ya now the staff who targeted groups who loved to agg rp and maybe even borderline minge a tiny weenie bit made FL dead, they where the most committed players and actually made FL different and not the same old bullshit. Now everything on FL well when I was there about 3 months it's almost impossible to have a good agg rp because you got some admin saying this is bordlerine doomfort take it down them borderline doomforts and then mingey gunfights made FL fun. That weird black market dealer who came up to you and started making some peado noise made Fl enjoyable as before ya come on you didn't know what you would be doing in the next 10 mins if you would be in a massive gun fight or some weird paki lad come and try grope you.

Had lot of laughs on FL shame to see it go like this

Don't care if anyone disagree cause they can suck me dick

The staff who aimed most of this at they know who they are
IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR MOMMA A COUGAR
The following 4 users Like Cox's post:
  • Willem de Walrus, god, Old Man Jokhah, Envy
(10-24-2017, 07:58 PM)Cox Wrote: [Heart touches words from Cox]

FL has always been the way of ban everyone and don't give people chances. My thought process is simple; lets take Frost and Fieldy for example on the unbans. They are dedicated players who have put hundreds  of hours into the server. I understand they've made mistakes but they are a player with experience on the server and bring something to the server. These players as with anyone else should not be permanently banned because they fucked up. Yes they fucked up more than others but people are like that? Think how many times you've fucked up in life with the smallest of thing; thats humans we're not all perfect.

My point is this. You're banning your player base. These players who have thousands of hours on the server make the server better even if you as a staff don't like them. 

If you want Fearless to improve don't ban players because you can. Like this shit drives me nuts just because they broke a rule dosen't mean you F U C KING BAN THEM. That is how you stop new players playing on the Roleplay.  

I honestly doubt any of you read the rules in the first 10 hours of being on the server. Them hours are used for scouting the server and seeing what the servers about. EVen up to 100 hours you're still not going to read the rules and if you ban people you're just making sure they'll never come back to FL ever again.

TLDR: stop being power hungry c unts and don't ban everyone just because they've broken a rule.

Simple Smile
The following 8 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Archer, Cox, Willem de Walrus, god, Old Man Jokhah, Falc, Envy, Generation
(10-24-2017, 08:15 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 07:58 PM)Cox Wrote: [Heart touches words from Cox]

FL has always been the way of ban everyone and don't give people chances. My thought process is simple; lets take Frost and Fieldy for example on the unbans. They are dedicated players who have put hundreds  of hours into the server. I understand they've made mistakes but they are a player with experience on the server and bring something to the server. These players as with anyone else should not be permanently banned because they fucked up. Yes they fucked up more than others but people are like that? Think how many times you've fucked up in life with the smallest of thing; thats humans we're not all perfect.

My point is this. You're banning your player base. These players who have thousands of hours on the server make the server better even if you as a staff don't like them. 

If you want Fearless to improve don't ban players because you can. Like this shit drives me nuts just because they broke a rule dosen't mean you F U C KING BAN THEM. That is how you stop new players playing on the Roleplay.  

I honestly doubt any of you read the rules in the first 10 hours of being on the server. Them hours are used for scouting the server and seeing what the servers about. EVen up to 100 hours you're still not going to read the rules and if you ban people you're just making sure they'll never come back to FL ever again.

TLDR: stop being power hungry c unts and don't ban everyone just because they've broken a rule.

Simple Smile

Facts.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Willem de Walrus, Old Man Jokhah
I've read most of what all of yall had to say. I agree about the ban happy staff. I was heavy with the hammer. Not that I ever felt superior to anyone, but more that I took the rules into more consideration than I did the player most of the time. Part of the struggle with having to deal with mostly bad apples instead of getting peaceful time to play too, leads to some level of resentment. Its like you start to just treat people a specific way because of their ban records. In hindsight, ban records, even warnings, should be kept out of public eye. I've read that the rules have changed on the time frames and such for bans, which is refreshing.

To all of the throwback memories and best wishes, hats off to you. I feel you've captured the moment nicely. Thanks.

To the people who say it won't go back, you are both right and wrong, for times change. Like a cycle, everything is always coming back around, in your face. That's why they call it the revolution. Think about the meaning of it, not the literal text. FL's cycle never seems to change: Staffed, Progress, Stagnation, Resentment, Revolt, Recruit.... (Don't believe me, check the archives, it's almost creepy how predictable the turn of events always is, regardless of how promising the change seems.)

Something to take away from all of this. This place is what you make it to some degree. Some of the changes that have been shaped have all but pushed out my "generation" of Fearlessian. Like "many" (yet we are so few in number) have said here, killing aggressive rp killed a major chunk of the "heart" of FL itself. Even Soul is (was) an aggressive rper, rolling around as the Don, in his 1920s gangster car, and was damn quick to break out his tommygun and just light it all up. Now in his defense, he didn't usually kill anyone, just caused hell, some light (accidential) injuries, then go back to driving around. Also he loves to blast posed ragdolls.

When you think about it, with two criminal teams, a criminal dealer, guns, drugs, and fast cars.... shunning players for wanting to play Scarface or Fast and Furious, hell even NCIS or Narcos, because it involves having to respawn once? I mean logically, if you didn't want to partake, you wouldn't have equipped weapons and armor, so why complain over a technicality that happened in a massive battle. Stuff like stopping a massive fight, because someone "broke fear rp", which is the stupidest rule anyway. To say you CANNOT run when a gun is pulled on you is stupid, because 50% of people DO run. The rule should be, it's okay to kill you after X seconds, should you run or become a potential threat. Also, guns should drop on the floor when you are killed, like the old days.

Ah, got on a rant and forgot what it was about. #OldManProblems But the point of it all was, there is a balance to all of it. Funny enough, on servers where even the criminals spawn with guns, there are less cases of rdm, more cases of police vs criminal action roleplay.

There it is people. I finally figured it out. Rebrand "Aggressive RP" to "Action RP" and it should work itself out. Aggressive RP sounds like a rule violation, when in actuality, more like turning on your pvp tags in other games. With basing comes the risk of raids, but what you are doing contrafarming (usually, sometimes it's really a kidnap prison), which is why there is risk. With risk comes reward. Sadly, with defeat usually comes an @ call about how unfair the base was, the position was, everything except the simple fact that you lost, try harder. That lack of personal responsiblity. Now if you had a sign that said "Action RP Zone", then every John Wayne, Rambo, John Cena, ect would come at you, but at least Tom, Dick, and Harry can safely /me jerk each other off, knowing that the "minges" are playing elsewhere. Give us "Action RPers" a "Safe" space too.

P.S. I looked at my forum tag and noted that I have almost as many hours as I have FL dollars. #Hobolife
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Archer
I like this thread. Hopefully people can continue talking about their opinions about the server without it turning into a keyboard war.

Jokhah, when you were an admin back then, you had all right to clean up the full servers from actual trolls.
Now the environment is just very stiff and boring. Like trying to survive a family dinner without alcohol.

I don't know much about the powerhungry staff, I experienced more abuse and biasness as a player before ever having a staff position. That's when they show you their real faces heh. So I can't really say that much has changed since then. As staff I usually had to tell my teammates to chill out with targetting, but they always had an excuse back, which I wasn't a fan of but couldn't control their free will either.

However, the good vibes are non existant and plain out boring and so it's not worth playing as much or at all anymore.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 3 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Falc, Envy