Razor & Desastro
Your name: Razor, Desastro

Your blacklist ID: 96652, 96653

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:59573677, STEAM_0:1:153565796

Reason: Warranting and searching without a sufficient reason.

Staff member who blacklisted you: [FL:RP] Link66

Reason why you should be unblacklisted: So here is the story. Me and Desastro just left another situation and saw that there was an RT Camera at Backstreet, so we went there and investigated. When we arrived we looked in the windows and saw this: 
[Image: 8133D0B479367D2C53B8EEF19513B48E5DA04A10]

After seeing this we decided to knock on the door in suspicion, after that we got no answer. After some time, Joker (the rebels base) must have called backup because the people in the same rebel outfit as him showed up. After they showed up we thought this was suspicious because now we had possible gang activity and chainsaws and other things in the window. In a panic we interrogated them and they seemed nervous. As no one answered the door and we had seen the owner run inside, we decided to get a warrant. It was my bad my reason for the warrant was "Camera on government propety" as that was not the actual reason. If I could change the reason it would be 'Possible gang activity, suspicious windows with harpoons and skulls'

- Rebel uniform / gang activity arrived as backup.
Owner ran inside of property when arrived and called backup.
- Suspicious windows with harpoons, skulls, saw blades, blood.
Our jobs were detectives and we were investigating. 

THE REASON WE RAIDED WAS BECAUSE WE SAW SUSPICIOUS THINGS IN THE WINDOW AND THE OWNER WAS NOT ANSWERING THE DOOR, WE ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS GANG ACTIVITY AS TWO REBELS SHOWED UP IN THE SAME OUTFIT AS THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY, HINTING THEY CALLED BACKUP AND WERE PLANNING TO ASSIST HIM.

Now finally, I have a bad record on fearless and am trying to clear my record, I am sure desastro also is very new and doesn't want a bad record. I think we got taken on the wrong hook and we just hope that you understand the thread because the sit was a lot of stress on us.

Hope you understand.
That's why we decided to raid, we noticed harpoons, skulls, etc inside the apartment.
Once we arrived, the owner rushed inside attempting to avoid us.
And finally, all we wanted to do was to RP our character which it was Detective/Investigator.
[Image: BRucdlG.png]
I now have a clearer understanding of the situation.

When I was talking to you on the server, you missed out a lot of key information that you have just posted here. With the incomplete information you gave me, the verdict was in no doubt a blacklist. When asked, you seemed unable to provide me with a concrete or valid reason to why you requested a property search, and you kept switching reasons.

I am convinced that the morbid imagery that you could see through their window could be interpreted as suspicious. However, in real life, a persons choice of furnishing would not warrant further investigation; as this is a semi-serious server, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Following through from the initial reason to check out the property, the rest of the story adds up, again being relayed here slightly differently and more clearly then it was on the server. It seems your new reason for warrant was the potential gang activity, which can be considered valid.

I understand that on the server, especially in these admin situations, the pressure is high, and you are sometimes unable to communicate information as clearly as you can when you have time to think. However, next time, it would be better if you had a more solid reason to search a property.

Extracted from the rules, here are the specific reasons it gives for a search:

Spoiler :
10.1 Do not randomly search a property; you must have probable cause. Some examples include:
10.1a Gunfire heard coming from within the property;
10.1b Criminal activity visible on the property;
10.1c A suspect on the property;
10.1d Contraband heard or visible on the property.

As you can see, all of these reasons have more weight to them than the one you have given. There were no laws restricting anything you saw through that window, so the initial investigation reason had little substance.

Overall, this is an extremely borderline case. I don't believe you had intentions of breaking any rules, and there was some roleplay basis to the actions. Therefore, I will ask that your blacklists be removed from your records.

Thanks,
Link
Approved

Concluding notes

As posted above by Link, I will remove your Blacklists immediately from your record and in-game. I suggest taking what Link had to say in as it will help you in any future staff situations, thank you both for clearing up the situation properly now.

Closed & Moved.