Staff Report on [FL] Generation
Username:NEMxDman

Accused Staff Member:[FL] Generation

Involved Users:NEMxDman (me) and [FL] Generation (Offender)
  • -
Time/Date/Time Zone: 15/09/17, 11PM - 12AM

Abuse of Power or Rule Infringement: Prop blocking.

Evidence and Explanation: Generation blocks off the lift shaft so it can no longer be used to gain access to the top floor, he also blocks some of the lift exits so one of the lifts cannot be used properly. If I did this I would be blacklisted from props. As an admin he should know that this is not allowed, something needs to be done about this. I've seen too many admins thinking they can do what they want because their admins, luckily I have evidence on this one. 

Blocked Lift shaft: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...8F9F178BD/

Blocked off lift shaft 2: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...27B93D889/

Blocked lift exits: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...8601FE452/
Involved-I've seen this dupe multiple times, and on this day as well, although not at the listed times. 

One elevator is still accessible, as is the elevator shaft until the third floor, that allows two points of entry to the nexus. 
I have never experienced any problems using the elevators or gaining access to the higher floors as a result of Gen using this dupe, it's designed as far as I'm aware to 'reserve' an elevator for emergency use, as the blocked shaft can be unblocked, I'm not sure on the mechanism involved in the dupe, but I know the elevator can be quickly returned to a functional state. 

Those photos do not show the dupe correctly, or how it functions, or that the elevator shaft is still accessible and to which extent. Which multiple people who've seen this dupe can confirm. 

Please don't allow personal opinions to influence your comments in this post, let's keep it to the facts, not that you feel something should be done about it, that would indicate a bias, let's focus on the situation at hand and the factual evidence. As admins are allowed a certain freedom to enhance roleplay, persecuting them for adding flavour does not benefit anyone in a roleplay situation. Which is all this dupe does, it's a slight hinderance in the event of a raid, but the fact one elevator is still accessible, means in my opinion it's not propblock.

Further to this please refer to rule 18.9 : There must be at least one accessible entrance in a building. 
Do not confuse rule 6.2 as contradicting this, the rule states: Do not prop block anything. All items and areas in your base should be accessible via keypads or buttons. Technically all floors are still accessible. 

This is just my interpretation of the situation based on my knowledge of the rules, and experiences with the aforementioned dupe and obviously you will have to wait for a full staff decision. 

Thank you for your time.
Let me preface this by stating the fact that I am quite involved, as I have often worked along Generation as either SRU or President, while he has this defense/dupe up.

Let us look at the crime you accuse him of, which is prop blocking. He is indeed not prop blocking as by the rules' definition because at all times, he leaves one entry point always accessible - as rule 18.9 dictates "There must be at least one accessible entrance in a building"

Screenshot one - Is the elevator shaft that is blocked. The elevators are still accessible, every player, as far as I know, can block it.
Screenshot two - Same thing, The elevator are accessible. Because at all times there is simply a single entrance to the presidential floor.
Screenshot three - Generation blocks that elevator to make sure you must pass through the security checkpoint at courthouse floor to access what he proclaims the "Emergency Elevator/Secured Elevator."

So, in order to enter the Presidential floor, you would need to enter the lobby, Either take the first(left) elevator to Court floor or the ladder in the Nexus elevator shaft, from there you pass through the keypad door he has made, and then from there you would be able to pass into the second elevator to the Presidential floor. During this journey - You will never find yourself completely prop blocked by definition, there is always a way up. - Honestly, this defense is just a smart chain of moves on Generation's part.

However, this is just based on my limited understanding of the rules, I am no way a staff member, and therefore I will let the staff team take it from here.
(09-20-2017, 04:09 PM)Jeffery Ford Wrote: ~ Not involved. User warned. ~

Please state how you are involved in this case or you will be assumed not to be. You have 24 hours or a warning will be issued.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
This thread can be closed, as all of the others said there is one entrance accessible. I just did not understand how the dupe worked and got a little confused as well as having other users around me trying to get past the dupe getting annoyed with it. I apologies for any inconvenience.
Taking a look at the evidence, it's clear that one route was made available. I see no abuse of power here.

Closed.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]