RULE - Arrest to be dealt with ooc/partly ooc
(09-13-2017, 11:29 AM)HanaOak Wrote: +/- Support.

Having IC arrests is a double-sided coin. It's good for roleplay, but at the same time it can lead to some scenarios of pure (pardon my language) bullshit.
I don't think IC arrests should be removed, just maybe moderated a bit. Maybe with a new perma law/rule?
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(09-13-2017, 11:29 AM)HanaOak Wrote: +/- Support.

Having IC arrests is a double-sided coin. It's good for roleplay, but at the same time it can lead to some scenarios of pure (pardon my language) bullshit.
I don't think IC arrests should be removed, just maybe moderated a bit. Maybe with a new perma law/rule?
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
Personally, I think this should be dealt with IC, however, if no one is responsive to your attempt to fix it IG, then I feel it should go to OOC.

There is no reason that players should be punished with going to jail for 5-15 minutes for invalid/made up reasons. However, it should only go OOC after attempting to talk to the president or a jail guard.

So +support to the idea of partially OOC
(09-13-2017, 11:39 PM)Fultz Wrote: Personally, I think this should be dealt with IC, however, if no one is responsive to your attempt to fix it IG, then I feel it should go to OOC.

There is no reason that players should be punished with going to jail for 5-15 minutes for invalid/made up reasons. However, it should only go OOC after attempting to talk to the president or a jail guard.

-Support
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
It honestly depends on the situation.

If someone just walks up to you, handcuffs you, and arrests you I would class that as a rule violation.

However, if the officer is corrupt and, for example, arrests you for just being a douchebag but over-exaggerates the reason, it should be dealt with IC.

That said, Neutral.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Changing my view on this, now that Reebs brought it up.

Arrestting random people who have done nothing should be counted as officer tool abuse, just like random tasing is not allowed.

But other than that, attempt to deal with it IC should be done.

+/-support
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
+Support
Its quite common to just get randomly arrested without a word from a officer.
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=79184
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
(09-14-2017, 05:23 AM)TheSiphon Wrote: Changing my view on this, now that Reebs brought it up.

Arrestting random people who have done nothing should be counted as officer tool abuse, just like random tasing is not allowed.

But other than that, attempt to deal with it IC should be done.

+/-support

I do not understand the +/- support on the situation.

You agree that random arrests should be dealt with just like random tasing. However, you still are neutral.

A corrupt cop arresting someone for over exaggerated reasons such as the example Reebs said above is not random. However, the example that Kula showed in his video is the exact reason we need the rule. Officers should not be allowed to just make up claims to arrest people.

Creating this new rule is simple.

You can not arrest someone for a random (i.e. made up) reason however, all arrested individuals must try and handle it IC prior to making a report.

Bam gets the point across on both ends. All arrests should be handled in character before making a report and players who abuse the arrest tool will get punished for doing so.

Once again, +support
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Baskingner
(09-13-2017, 11:39 PM)Fultz Wrote: Personally, I think this should be dealt with IC, however, if no one is responsive to your attempt to fix it IG, then I feel it should go to OOC.