Kanightley - 2nd Unban Appeal
Your name: Kanightley

Your ban ID: 77377

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:69241161

Reason: D/C to avoid arrest, priors for same reason // 12th ban, last chance

Staff member who banned you: [FL] Reebs

Reason why you should be unbanned:

Before I get into my case I would like to point out that I have done almost 2/3 of my ban, and I was banned for disconnected so I wouldn't get arrested for absolutely no reason what so ever, and I didn't what to have to deal with 15 minutes in jail for standing still at spawn. The situation of the arrest is further discussed in the next paragraph.

This is the second time now appealing for this ban to be revoked. The first time it was revoked was because the admins said I still broke the rules and therefore will not be unbanned, however, looking back on what the admins have said over the past few weeks since I made my request, I have realized I technically didn't break any rules. This is because I was banned for "avoiding arrest by D/C" which therefor D/C to avoid RP situation. My argument is that this isn't so, as the arrest was for no reason what so ever as a random officer whilst I was standing still looking through the player menu came up to me, then tazed, handcuffed, and attempted to arrest me. This is quite clearly FailRP, as the officer had no reason to arrest me. Since it was FailRP, it therefor means that it wasn't an RP situation, as how can a situation be both a successful and failure of an RP at once. Since that the situation wasn't an RP situation due it being a FailRP situation, I technically didn't break any rules, as I "disconnected to avoid an arrest" which wasn't the case, as an arrest falls under as an RP situation, and as discussed, it wasn't an RP situation, it was a FailRP, ergo I didn't break any rules, which is why I should be banned.

Thankyou Admin(s) for taking time out of your day to read this thread.
[Image: jck7EJ6.png]
(07-18-2017, 04:34 PM)Samwk2000 Wrote: Before I get into my case I would like to point out that I have done almost 2/3 of my ban, and I was banned for disconnected so I wouldn't get arrested for absolutely no reason what so ever, and I didn't what to have to deal with 15 minutes in jail for standing still at spawn. The situation of the arrest is further discussed in the next paragraph.

This is the second time now appealing for this ban to be revoked. The first time it was revoked was because the admins said I still broke the rules and therefore will not be unbanned, however, looking back on what the admins have said over the past few weeks since I made my request, I have realized I technically didn't break any rules. This is because I was banned for "avoiding arrest by D/C" which therefor D/C to avoid RP situation. My argument is that this isn't so, as the arrest was for no reason what so ever as a random officer whilst I was standing still looking through the player menu came up to me, then tazed, handcuffed, and attempted to arrest me. This is quite clearly FailRP, as the officer had no reason to arrest me. Since it was FailRP, it therefor means that it wasn't an RP situation, as how can a situation be both a successful and failure of an RP at once. Since that the situation wasn't an RP situation due it being a FailRP situation, I technically didn't break any rules, as I "disconnected to avoid an arrest" which wasn't the case, as an arrest falls under as an RP situation, and as discussed, it wasn't an RP situation, it was a FailRP, ergo I didn't break any rules, which is why I should be banned.

Thankyou Admin(s) for taking time out of your day to read this thread.

Your argument is flawed, my friend. You would not have been banned had you taken different steps that actually adhere to the rules. You could have done any of the following:
  • Record, and post a PR
  • Called an online staff member
  • Let it be and roleplay it out by speaking to the officer or his superiors
However, you decided to disconnect. By doing so, you are in violation of rule 1.3.
Quote:1.3 Do not reconnect, suicide, change job or do anything else to avoid a roleplay situation. 

Quote:The first time it was revoked was because the admins said I still broke the rules and therefore will not be unbanned, however, looking back on what the admins have said over the past few weeks since I made my request, I have realized I technically didn't break any rules. This is because I was banned for "avoiding arrest by D/C" which therefor D/C to avoid RP situation. My argument is that this isn't so, as the arrest was for no reason what so ever as a random officer whilst I was standing still looking through the player menu came up to me, then tazed, handcuffed, and attempted to arrest me. This is quite clearly FailRP, as the officer had no reason to arrest me. Since it was FailRP, it therefor means that it wasn't an RP situation, as how can a situation be both a successful and failure of an RP at once. Since that the situation wasn't an RP situation due it being a FailRP situation, I technically didn't break any rules, as I "disconnected to avoid an arrest" which wasn't the case, as an arrest falls under as an RP situation, and as discussed, it wasn't an RP situation, it was a FailRP, ergo I didn't break any rules, which is why I should be banned.

Ok, where to start with this...
  • You may NOT break a rule just because someone else does.
  • Whether you like it or not, FailRP is still RP, though it is against the rules as it is unrealistic. Thus, it was still a roleplay situation.
You have no valid arguments in this UBR, as they are massively flawed.
  • You would not have been banned had you actually followed the rules I take the time out of my day to enforce
  • You would not have gotten a last chance if you had not had 12 prior bans, with more than one for DC to avoid various RP Situations.
I rest my case.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
No disrespect Reebs, but you clearly just ignored everything I said in my unban request, I clearly and carefully explained why it wasn't an RP situation which therefor meant I didn't break any rules, but you clearly just ignored everything.

You pretty much just said, I don't care what your opinion is, if he wants to walk up and arrest you, he can, and if your not okay with that then tough, you'll get banned. That sounds absolutely ridiculous. I don't mean to insult you Reebs, but I feel your being extremely biased against me, and would like to request a different admin with a neutral opinion of me evaluates this unban request, as I feel your are being extremely biased towards me, and will just ignore any points I make, no matter how valid and reasonable they are, which clearly make me worthy of approval.

But yet again, I mean no disrespect towards you Reebs, all I ask is that another admin reviews this. It shouldn't matter though, because if you think your opinion on this subject is right, the other admins will most definitely have the same opinion
In fact why don't we also see what the general people think of this situation, lets see what they think. Lets see if they think its ridiculous that I got banned for this.
It seems you skipped over a detail:
You may NOT break a rule just because someone else does.

In regards to seeing what the public thinks of this, that won't happen. Furthermore, you can't ask another admin to review this request. That's not how it works and you should know this by now.

You obviously had alternatives to disconnecting, none of which you decided to take, therefore you were banned. I fail to see why you should even be given a chance at an unban considering you have a complete and utter lack of respect for the rules that we have here as well as everything that I just stated. You clearly have not learned from your mistake, as if you had, you'd realize that you did, in fact, break a rule, and you got caught. Thus, you were punished and you have been placed on a last chance, due to it being your twelfth ban.

That said, this appeal is hereby denied. You have not learned from your mistakes and coming at me and having the gall to say that I have no regard for your opinion clearly shows that you have zero respect for authority.

Word of advice: Clean up your act before you end up being permed.

Denied.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]