Fearless Radio
(07-04-2017, 10:14 PM)Floodify Wrote: I suggest taking up the "£1 in return for clan advertisement on FL services" with SoulRipper, or the SA's. As far as I am aware, that is in direct breach of the Terms of Service. Any transactions related to FL will only be done with IG Money - donations to the service and donations from users via IG money (selling donors) to the service is excluded. Trading games for donations or for items is for example not allowed.

Introducing ooc-money to an ic establishment, through the googles of past decisions regarding this type of scenario, is not allowed.

Quote:1.1. What services are covered by this Agreement? This Agreement applies to your use of the website (http://www.fearlessrp.net), including its subdomains, with their components or accessories

Fearless Radio is a subdomain of the fearlessrp.net domain, therefore the ToS runs under the radio services too, therefore authorized to accept donations under the below terms.

Quote:5.0 Donations

Fearless does not provide any purchases or subscriptions, nor does Fearless conduct any sales or other such financial transactions. We do accept donations, and are not required to provide any services in return, nor will we issue refunds. Fearless is not a business, we provide our Services to you without charge, and any and all donations are entirely optional.

We provide preset packages which we may provide you as a token of gratitude for your donation, however Fearless reserves to right to not provide these services at any time.

All donations are considered a gift to Fearless, and are acquired legally and taxed via our payment provider.

5.1. Usage of Donations. As stated in Section 5.0, all donations are optional on the user's behalf, and considered a gift. We are not required to provide any services in return for donations, though we have preset packages as detailed in Section 5.0.

5.2. Billing credentials. By making a donation to Fearless with a payment method, you represent that you are authorized to use the payment method that you provided and that any payment information you provide is true and accurate, and that you authorize Fearless to charge you for the agreed donation amount using your payment method.

5.3. Refund policies. Unless otherwise provided by law, all donations are final and non-refundable.

5.4. Suspended access. If you are suspended from accessing our services, either permanently or temporarily as a disciplinary action, we will not issue a refund for any donations, nor will provide compensation for loss of access. We will not delay issuing suspensions to suit your requirements.

5.5. Abuse of payment. You are not to abuse any methods of payment, such as falsely claiming a refund from our payment providers for your own personal benefit at the cost of Fearless. You are not to falsely make claims of fraud. Such actions will warrant permanent suspension from all Fearless services, without possibility of appeal. All cases of fraud or abuse of payment instruments will be reported to their maintaining financial institutions respectively.

Hope this answers your query Smile
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
The following 1 user Likes Edned's post:
  • Nuka
Are you then an authorized subdomain under a written contract by SoulRipper? If not, then you can not use that clause to your advantage. This subdomain is not under control by the staff nor team, thus any affiliation to the official status of Fearless seems unlikely. You do not have any special rank or access to official fearless frameware, do you?

It never has been a part of Fearless in a way that SoulRipper controls the assets, as you yourself stand for the costs and not using the donations received from the playerbase through the legitimate way. He can simply activate it or unactive it, much like he can activate the use of frag-radio or any other radio hosting services. Does this then mean that all the services he links with are subdomains and affiliated to the Service in a way that would include it in the TOS?

I would talk to SoulRipper with this specific subject in mind, unless you already have of course. But it needs to be clarified by official fearless representatives publicly to truly make it legitimate and not a scam.

Who would pay IRL money for a clan anyway? You can just grab a fuck-load of moneys and then fuck off with them without any repercussions as you categorize it as a "donation" and a "perk". If you wouldnt categorize it as a donation, then the mentioned clause would not be applicable as it only includes DONATIONS (which this clearly isn't).. so a free-standing subdomain under control by yourself and not SoulRipper is very .. fragile.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Archer
[Image: e15fca43c237b30d5d48cbdfaf56dc13.png]

[Image: 1f914.svg]

Let's just focus on roleplay, not music, I think that's for the best of us all.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
Or just do what 99% of players do anyway and just open Spotify/iTunes and listen to your own music ahhaha
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 5 users Like Envy's post:
  • Awestruck, Eclipze, Dauntless, LordOfMemory, Arkten
I Fearless ≠ Fearless' affiliates.

It only addresses Fearless and no affiliate. Furthermore, your sub-domain is simply a mini redirect page to the actual site, thus making it under no authority or role of fearless, and is rather a third party group affiliated with FL, but they are NOT fearless. So again, this makes your TOS standing incorrect.

EDIT: Oh and yes, this does mean since you are not under fearless, you are asking for real money for a thing that will be for a ingame aspect outside fearless, your third party service is a violation of the TOS.

EDIT 2: Disregard me, your not even a affiliate, so that further backs the story up
Soul nor the staffteam has responded to this thread so im assuming Soul is okay with it the whole advertising thing, if he isnt, im sure he can point out the ToS thingy himself. FL radio has always been a nice feature in my opinion so good on you guys for bringing it back! No one is stopping players to put on spotify so the radio is a nice option to have Smile
(07-05-2017, 12:45 PM)Floodify Wrote: Are you then an authorized subdomain under a written contract by SoulRipper? If not, then you can not use that clause to your advantage. This subdomain is not under control by the staff nor team, thus any affiliation to the official status of Fearless seems unlikely. You do not have any special rank or access to official fearless frameware, do you?

It never has been a part of Fearless in a way that SoulRipper controls the assets, as you yourself stand for the costs and not using the donations received from the playerbase through the legitimate way. He can simply activate it or unactive it, much like he can activate the use of frag-radio or any other radio hosting services. Does this then mean that all the services he links with are subdomains and affiliated to the Service in a way that would include it in the TOS?

I would talk to SoulRipper with this specific subject in mind, unless you already have of course. But it needs to be clarified by official fearless representatives publicly to truly make it legitimate and not a scam.

Who would pay IRL money for a clan anyway? You can just grab a fuck-load of moneys and then fuck off with them without any repercussions as you categorize it as a "donation" and a "perk". If you wouldnt categorize it as a donation, then the mentioned clause would not be applicable as it only includes DONATIONS (which this clearly isn't).. so a free-standing subdomain under control by yourself and not SoulRipper is very .. fragile.

The sub-domain was issued by SoulRipper himself, he is aware of the operation(s) taking place underneath that sub-domain, and all Terms of Service applies to these services.

All donations are still optional, and as per ToS, the services are offered free of charge. This is just an idea that was constructed as an optional service in exchange for a donation. This in no way has any involvements with the In Character aspect other than the fact that the radio is broadcasted inside of the CityRP gamemode. Donations are then used for licencing and hosting. I will gladly issue a receipt for each and every donation (which are already listed on the radio page), as well as recipts from purchasing of services. I do not pocket any money from this. I am simply hosting the radio station for Fearless as it was made a suggestion to return which gained quite a lot of popularity.

FL Radio is the final and most successful version, and gains at least 50 unique listeners per 24 hours. The only reason that the services are hosted separately, is due to the fact that SoulRipper does not want it to be directly hosted on his dedicated sever as that is reserved for the Garry's Mod server instance(s) only. Therefore we ask for small donations to help run our own.

I also informed Soul of the thread, this is his statement in full:

[Image: ppx3U9afQiue07rx1JHzYQ.png]
Regards,
Edned

+Rep
(07-05-2017, 03:34 PM)Edned Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 12:45 PM)Floodify Wrote: Are you then an authorized subdomain under a written contract by SoulRipper? If not, then you can not use that clause to your advantage. This subdomain is not under control by the staff nor team, thus any affiliation to the official status of Fearless seems unlikely. You do not have any special rank or access to official fearless frameware, do you?

The sub-domain was issued by SoulRipper himself, he is aware of the operation(s) taking place underneath that sub-domain, and all Terms of Service applies to these services.

All donations are still optional, and as per ToS, the services are offered free of charge. This is just an idea that was constructed as an optional service in exchange for a donation. This in no way has any involvements with the In Character aspect other than the fact that the radio is broadcasted inside of the CityRP gamemode. Donations are then used for licencing and hosting. I will gladly issue a receipt for each and every donation (which are already listed on the radio page), as well as recipts from purchasing of services. I do not pocket any money from this. I am simply hosting the radio station for Fearless as it was made a suggestion to return which gained quite a lot of popularity.

FL Radio is the final and most successful version, and gains at least 50 unique listeners per 24 hours. The only reason that the services are hosted separately, is due to the fact that SoulRipper does not want it to be directly hosted on his dedicated sever as that is reserved for the Garry's Mod server instance(s) only. Therefore we ask for small donations to help run our own.

I also informed Soul of the thread, this is his statement in full:

[Image: ppx3U9afQiue07rx1JHzYQ.png]

Just because it was issued by someone doesn't make it anymore under the control or affiliated with fearless however. Just because  the subdomain was issued does not mean Fearless Radio has the protection of the ToS as 1) Its not affiliated and 2) Affiliates are not listed and though you do have a sub-domain, the content is not on the website itself - it is simply a redirect, as said. This means soul is not always going to know either.

Not hosted on our services

That means it's only a redirect, making it thus invalid that you believe it is under the ToS. I would also reccomend taking it down with Soul, as rn it would be a breach/
(07-05-2017, 02:33 PM)Envy Wrote: Or just do what 99% of players do anyway and just open Spotify/iTunes and listen to your own music ahhaha

I do enjoy my morning radio station 'Radio 1'. Got some bangers on there!
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Edned
(07-05-2017, 03:44 PM)Prompt Wrote: Just because it was issued by someone doesn't make it anymore under the control or affiliated with fearless however. Just because  the subdomain was issued does not mean Fearless Radio has the protection of the ToS as 1) Its not affiliated and 2) Affiliates are not listed and though you do have a sub-domain, the content is not on the website itself - it is simply a redirect, as said. This means soul is not always going to know either.

Not hosted on our services

That means it's only a redirect, making it thus invalid that you believe it is under the ToS. I would also reccomend taking it down with Soul, as rn it would be a breach/

The point is, Soul is already aware of the radio services and I keep him updated all the time. He has no issue with the fact that I accept donations. Although it is not hosted on SoulRipper's core server, it is a service that runs for Fearless.

The only intentions I have is to provide a radio station for the benefit of the Fearless Community which myself and Sparks have paid for out of our own money. If any ToS issues were to pop up, SoulRipper would message me directly and resolve it.
Regards,
Edned

+Rep