Spear's last resignation
Greetings, Fearless

As promised I am going to deliver an insightful look into why Spear was demoted from the rank of Administrator.

Over the last few weeks we have had several instances of leaking from within the team, which caused a lot of tension and suspicion throughout the staff. The leaking started to consist of promotion applicants being told the result earlier than intended. I had given the staff team a chance to confess to any leaks they had done however no one came forward. The couple days after, we received news that a user with unauthorised access had possessed screenshots of the Admin Office. This grew suspicions. After another few days, another staff member and myself were viewing the “Who’s Online” page and noticed some suspicious activity on Spear’s account (looking at fairly old promotion threads in the Admin Office archive, and the polls for these threads). Naturally, I noted down his IP address to see whether or not it would match his own.

A couple of days after, it was noticed that a few bans were missing on the ‘bans page’ and I confronted SoulRipper if he could check the log. I had confronted Spear about a missing ban as he was in a channel on Discord with one of the people. He had no knowledge of the player’s ban being deleted. However, once Soul had checked, it was confirmed that Spear’s account deleted the bans. Soul had a conversation with Spear who told him that his account had been hacked. SoulRipper then disabled his Administrator abilities for security reasons. On that same day I confronted Spear in regards to whether or not he had been viewing the forums at the time of viewing the old threads earlier and he later replied that he had not. I made sure to go into detail as to what was being looked at to make sure Spear understood. I then asked if he was on the Forums at that current moment of speaking to him, and he said that he was. I matched his IP with the one I collected beforehand, and they were exactly the same. Spear had in-fact lied about not being on the Forums that night, looking at the threads. Due to continued distrust, Soul and myself decided to demote Spear.

Once I had informed Spear of his demotion, he continued to deny the fact that he had been caught red-handed. He then became very hostile and began taking it incredibly personally, whilst insulting me including things such as: “Stop growing fat” “Get outside, work on your health.”. Whilst I can understand that being demoted from a position is not a nice feeling, I did not see the need for personal insults to be thrown.

After some time, Spear had contacted SoulRipper about the decision. From what I was told, Spear had confessed to SoulRipper about allowing unauthorised access to other users through TeamViewer. Spear states that he regrets what he did, however, he was given multiple chances to come forward with this information, and was even made aware that I was willing to be merciful.

The intention of this post was to inform the community of the series of events that occurred and the situation that was happening within the Staff Team. This post should not undermine Spear’s dedication towards Fearless and previous good work he has done.

Many thanks.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 14 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Tomo, Random, Reebs, Archer, Yonno, , god, Dauntless, Jonas, NJperry, Panda, Avgar, Dragnort_, Haarek
Awestruck, I never lied to you when I told you that I never viewed those two threads in the admin office. It was my friends through TeamViewer who used my account, I never payed attention to what they did. I made a simple mistake letting them use my account. In the start I only wanted help with a Teamspeak bug I had.

You mentioned how I insulted you. I never insulted you. As I've said to many others, don't waste too much time on games. Rather go out and focus on your health, get a job etc. I never insulted you and I never intented to have you feel insulted. I guess that was a simple misunderstadning between us, once again.

The only mistake I made here was to let others use my account through TeamViewer which was stupid to do. Did not intend to throw insults or any sort of negativity. I accept the fact that I made a mistake and I am deeply sorry for it. The only thing that upset me is how I got called an liar infront of the whole communtiy when I never lied.
The following 2 users Like Spear's post:
  • Teendiver, Iraqi Eagle
Using team viewer to look at the admin office is blatant leaking. That alone is a valid demotion.

Either or you aren't the first demotion and you won't be the last. I have never seen a smooth demotion where people weren't upset. Don't encourage it and just move on. Thanks for your work of course but there is no point in nit picking
Moving on from this demotion is a was very easy. The demotion was valid indeed, just not done correctly. False accusations were thrown which were the only reason why I got "upset".

I was planning to resign weeks before this happened so I am only happy to not be a staff member anymore. Unfortunately a small mistake got me demoted.

After all this is only a small Garry's Mod community with no importance to the life of any individual. It is not like I hurt anyone, nor caused any damages so the ones who have hated on me, chill as there is no need to hate. Being demoted from an unknown community is not really a loss, only unfortunate. I have a very successful life which I am more than happy to continue without involving this community.

I don't really mind the demotion too much, it was easy for me to handle without problems. I see no reason to get upset about a simple demotion. However, I would rather not be called an untrustworthy liar when I never lied.

Edit: I don't understand how I was nit picking. Forget about that already.
(06-18-2017, 02:02 AM)Spear Wrote: Awestruck, I never lied to you when I told you that I never viewed those two threads in the admin office. It was my friends through TeamViewer who used my account, I never payed attention to what they did. I made a simple mistake letting them use my account. In the start I only wanted help with a Teamspeak bug I had.

(06-17-2017, 12:42 PM)Spear Wrote: Awestruck, hopefully the official reason will be accurate this time. I don't want another false bomb thrown at me. You called my explanations bullshit and called me an untrustworthy liar, which is very rude. Maybe you, me and SoulRipper should all have a chat about it before as even I, myself is pretty confused.

'myself is pretty confused'. Mate... How can you be 'confused' when you've blatantly allowed your buds to teamviewer and then what 'while you're not looking' unban themselves'? ...

I don't know how stupid you think people are but I don't think any of us are brain dead. It's amazing how in your first reply you're so bold with being 'confused' and wanting the 'official reason to be accurate this time'. And then when AWestuck brings hard evidence you didn't expect you all of a sudden change your persona and stop playing the 'why am I demoted for no reason!!!!' card...

Crikey...
The following 5 users Like User 12049's post:
  • MrFinnConlon, god, Jonas, NJperry, Panda
It's a shame to see you go Spear, good luck with your personal life
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
Ghost

I was confused due to the fact how AwestruckBullet called me a liar and if they thought I was the leaker or not. I did not get the whole view of the situation if there was anything else they accused me of doing. I know for a fact they suspected me for all the leaks in the beginning. However, after my demotion it became clear how I was never the leaker as even I recieved information about what was said about me in the admin office.

What he first said was the reason behind my demotion was that I lied which I never did. Therefore we had to continue discussions even after my demotion to make the situation clear.

Calm down, I don't think people are stupid. The official statement was not accurate as it accused me of lying. I don't really see the problem and your comment doesn't reply make sense.

Edit: Let me add to you. It was the whole TeamSpeak situation AwestruckBullet first called bullshit, after the demotion. However, that was the truth about it all. It took us both a while to understand, therefore obvious confusions appeared.
The following 2 users Like Spear's post:
  • Brikaas, Iraqi Eagle
(06-18-2017, 09:58 AM)Spear Wrote: Ghost

I was confused due to the fact how AwestruckBullet called me a liar and if they thought I was the leaker or not. I did not get the whole view of the situation if there was anything else they accused me of doing. I know for a fact they suspected me for all the leaks in the beginning. However, after my demotion it became clear how I was never the leaker as even I recieved information about what was said about me in the admin office.

Oh is that so? So who is leaking to you then?
I heard it was this guy but I don't wanna start pointing fingers.
[Image: A-leek-001.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&us...fd7419e7e5]
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 9 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Jonas, Mustang, Rebdogg, Spear, Joe Joe, Panda, Dauntless, Iraqi Eagle, Eclipze
Ghost Im sorry but that is probably nothing I should go around and tell. I've already been discussing this with a couple of staff members. Let's leave it for them to handle. I just want to mention that the leaker didn't give the information directly to me. However, I got it approved that the information I recieved was indeed negative words about me in the admin office.

Now this is a goodbye thread and as I stated in the main thread. I want this thread to be free from negativity as I wish to leave in peace and with respect.