Poll: What do you support in this suggestion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. Nexus defenses should not be allowed, neither inside nor outside the Nexus
3.33%
1 3.33%
2. Nexus defenses should not be allowed outside the Nexus, but are allowed inside, granting possibility for people to enter
83.33%
25 83.33%
3. Nexus defenses should be allowed both inside and outside, disallowing people to enter the Nexus without passing through defenses.
13.33%
4 13.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Nexus changes
(06-04-2017, 09:38 AM)MOWAH Wrote: -support
It's not a public building nor is it considered one. Nexus is owned by the government and may be public or private depending on the incumbent president.

(06-04-2017, 09:55 AM)MOWAH Wrote: It is free to all citizens unless stated otherwise. The president can decide to make Nexus off-limits to the public.

Can you make your mind up please you have just contradicted yourself in the matter of 5 minutes.

+Support

Too many massive shitty looking defenses turning the nexus from a government owned, but PUBLIC building, into a heavily fortified army base holding alien secrets and weapons of mass destruction.
The nexus is open to all citizens, that's why it has a lobby, however the perma law states that you can't go behind the desk. The secretary has a job of manning the desk, taking meetings etc etc, I hope I don't need to explain the job a secretary. It is their job to stand at the desk, where do they stand if there's 4000W electric fences around the front? Do they need to stand at the top of the defense and shout with a megaphone? No.
Where did I contradict myself? Being free to all citizens doesn't make it a public building, it's still very much a government building. By default, Nexus is free for citizens to enter. It can be changed.

EDIT: Only the lobby is free to enter by defualt unless stated otherwise I should say.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
-Support

-Removed by Steven8ken
(06-04-2017, 10:00 AM)Mustang Wrote: Too many massive shitty looking defenses

Especially in poorly planned dictatorship RPs
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
+Support
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
+Support

Only thing I dislike is rules that say "x is allowed as long as it is fitting". Different staff will have slightly different opinions of what is fitting so people will ultimately start whining when they get told something is not allowed after seeing someone the day before get something identical approved.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(06-04-2017, 10:16 AM)Tomo Wrote: +Support

Only thing I dislike is rules that say "x is allowed as long as it is fitting". Different staff will have slightly different opinions of what is fitting so people will ultimately start whining when they get told something is not allowed after seeing someone the day before get something identical approved.

Sorry for it being unclear, was ment to mean that the defenses are realistic and fit inside the building and its style; eg. no unmaterialized metal plates or borderline doomfort and shit.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Tomo, Ethan Bradberry, dawson270500
+Support
[Image: ASJxGx6.png]
Signature made by meisterfinncoonlon, demoted trial admin 
+Support.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]