Map Discussion
V5P or chaoscity, like come on, Rockford!? Nice joke.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 3 users Like Panda's post:
  • Random, already_fallen, Molyneux481
V5P is miles ahead of Rockford, I hope V5P is really considered now.
Can any of you V5p people please give me a list of the pros and cons of having v5p as the new map? I would really appreciate it.
Everything that I want to say about this topic has already been said in this thread,
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=80549
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
Let's evaluate...

Rockford is spread out, V5P is cramped
Both are good for cruises

Rockford is easier to get round

V5P has a terrible fated hill

Rockford has a lot of river

V5P has a huge lake

The yacht barely fits Rockford

Conclusion: V 5 P
Fultz is this a discussion or are you actually going to change the map? From the way this has been typed I'm now inclined to believe that you're in a position of power within the staff over which map will be picked.

Also I think we should go back to 33x...I'm serious that map was perfect in my opinion. I also think the slot should be moved from 75 to 50 or even 40.. next I think we should add v2d back. People who try to get on v33x will see it full ( we can reach 40 people easily on it.) then will move to v2d before you know it both will be full. I honestly wish something like this was applied because I know it will work. The way forward is either one large server or two smaller server and I see one large server as really dumb but two small servers would probably work.
(05-19-2017, 05:39 AM)King Kickass Wrote: Fultz is this a discussion or are you actually going to change the map? From the way this has been typed I'm now inclined to believe that you're in a position of power within the staff over which map will be picked.

Also I think we should go back to 33x...I'm serious that map was perfect in my opinion. I also think the slot should be moved from 75 to 50 or even 40.. next I think we should add v2d back. People who try to get on v33x will see it full ( we can reach 40 people easily on it.) then will move to v2d before you know it both will be full. I honestly wish something like this was applied because I know it will work.  The way forward is either one large server or two smaller server and I see one large server as really dumb but two small servers would probably work.

I'm actually going to change the map. Now that we have that stupid question out of the way we can actually discuss this.

Now for your bottom part. The biggest issue in your proposed plan is what was said here earlier in which we will have a split community. I don't know if you remember this back in your beginning days here, but when we had both server highly populated v2d was the main map which got the most intention and v33 was a minge fest. This meant admins stayed on v2d because it was not pure chaos. This leads to the split in the community which has already been brought up in this thread. Two servers with forty people is a horrible idea because of that. Bringing back v33 instead of v4b1 is not a bad idea however since this would make more buildings usable again such as the dumb goth area. This is also why I suggested chaos due to it still being v33 which has a lot of great qualities and for me personal the best city of 2d and 2p, but chaos also gives more creative ability outside the city that is not provided in any other map. Plus it's lake would give all sea vehicles a true purpose instead of the small lakes of the other maps
I actually got out of bed for this because formatting on my phone pisses me off. Damn you Fultz. :*

OT: I posted something like this about V5P before and I'll happily do it again on a relevant thread.
I'm also in no way trying to make V5P look better than Chaos City or Rockford, I'm just throwing out my opinion about V5P.

V5P is in my opinion the most modern map (fitting the concept of CityRP), the most optimized map, the best map to bring out the potential of the vehicles of Fearless and jobs created around it, the map with the most varied building environments while at the same time maintaining a cohesive and realistic environment, and the map with the biggest potential on different sorts of RP, be it passive or aggressive. I personally also believe that the "cliffside area" is excellent for various sorts of roleplay and provides us with the most natural lake out of all maps.

The map might be "too big" like people always stated in the past about V2P.
However, player interaction will always happen as players will come and look for eachother, considering we are interdependent on each other as players. It's the main goal of CityRP. This obviously counts for any other big map, not just V5P.

And when speaking of 2 servers and a split community;  We used to have so much more players than we do nowadays. Heck, there were 3 servers back then and it felt like we had 3 different sub-communities, considering I almost always played on V2P and a minor amount of hours on V2D. I don't think I ever met people that used to play on v33x.

I can only believe that V2P ended up being deserted because the playerbase was in decline, not because the map was bad. I wasn't there when V2P got closed down but I can only imagine the how the players must have felt that made V2P their home, being forced into playing on a new map from then on. If it was possible back then, why not now?

But I will stand by the fact that V5P, just like Chaos City and I guess I'll include Rockford too eventhough I absolutely hate it, are NOT too big for Fearless and the possibilities that the server brings with itself, that said if the server would reach decent capacity. 

I personally still believe the playerbase is not currently ready for/ capable of filling up a second server of any mapsize.
Littletown is an example of this. The map's been out for... a week now? It's not working. If we do find a decent map for a second server though, and let's say the things about the population being low currently due to exams. Then it could lead to a split of the community into 2 servers, and then v4b1 (or a different map) will look just as deserted as any other map.

I think it'd be a horrible idea to change to 2 servers with 40-50 slots, why would you force less players to be able to play with eachother? It would only reduce cooperative RP possibilities and force a split community.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Fultz
(05-19-2017, 06:37 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 05:39 AM)King Kickass Wrote: -snip-

I'm actually going to change the map. Now that we have that stupid question out of the way we can actually discuss this.

Now for your bottom part. The biggest issue in your proposed plan is what was said here earlier in which we will have a split community. I don't know if you remember this back in your beginning days here, but when we had both server highly populated v2d was the main map which got the most intention and v33 was a minge fest. This meant admins stayed on v2d because it was not pure chaos. This leads to the split in the community which has already been brought up in this thread. Two servers with forty people is a horrible idea because of that. Bringing back v33 instead of v4b1 is not a bad idea however since this would make more buildings usable again such as the dumb goth area. This is also why I suggested chaos due to it still being v33 which has a lot of great qualities and for me personal the best city of 2d and 2p, but chaos also gives more creative ability outside the city that is not provided in any other map. Plus it's lake would give all sea vehicles a true purpose instead of the small lakes of the other maps

I remember the days when we had two server v2d and 33x I remember and pointed out ( in another thread ) about how v2d was the more serious map and 33x was the more mingle map. I remember spear and aviator being the only two admins at the time that were devoted to the map ( to my memory)
To be honest i was 13 years old at time but I actually enjoyed 33x more than v2d even though it was a lot less serious and contained more minge related bans  it still had its own gems as did v2d   This is the reason I proposed v33x I believe that if it worked in the past up to a certain point then it could again.   If we limit the server to one map I feel as if the slot should decrease a little while it is true that there were problems with two servers with forty people there will also be some new problems with one server but I suppose we'll cross that bridge later.
No matter the map change, the second server will always be dead due to the vicious cycle of no-one going on it and no-one wanting to go on it because no-one is on it. If we change a server to v5p either the entire community goes on it or it goes back to the littletown/v2d disease of no-one going on it.
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 3 users Like Broccoli's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, LordOfMemory, Holdem