RIP Littletown
Even more rip..

http://imgur.com/a/2HVwo
(05-18-2017, 08:43 AM)Falc Wrote: Fearless has to look at the bigger picture now, Gmod is dying and less players are available.

Adding a new map people won't have heard of isn't attractive and it doesn't make people want to join, what will make players join is seeing a server (V4B1) packed out, 75/75 on a regular basis and people will be interested in what's going on there and see what the fuss is about.

Personally I'd cut my losses and for now disable the second server, focus on packing out the main server first. Or just change the map to what the community wants, because then it's our problem if nobody is on it if we asked for it.

Should've been done from the very beginning.
The project was brought up fast tho and barly any player likes or enjoys playing the map.
I'd also suggest to let the Players choose a map they want, not something that has been brought up by the Staff Team that dies pretty fast.
Of course exams are a reason for the server being as empty, but honesty no new Players would join Littletown and try to play om V4B1, since it's much better.
After the exams people like Finn and Create will be pöaying on the Server sometimes, but quit it after a while due no other players joining their RPs.
A map vote should be brought up so we can get what we want, not something that the Staff brings up, when it dosen't earn popularity.
The following 3 users Like Idea's post:
  • Archer, TheSiphon, Dragnort_
The main purpose of adding a small map was to offer other RP possibilities than that of a huge map, such as v4b1. Right now is exam season, meaning that a huge chunk of our playerbase spends most of their time studying and not playing much.

Was the map the right choice? Yes, because it was never meant to replace or out-do v4b1 in anyway shape or form. We wanted to offer players a new environment which is different to what they're used to and thus gauge the reaction from the community in order to know where to better focus our priorities. Replacing a dead v2d with Littletown has given us feedback from the community on what they like and don't like, thus helping us make better decisions in the future and, for this reason alone, I believe we made the right decision in trying something new.

As for letting users decide what new map they'd like, I'm personally against the idea. Reason being is that many people tend to vote in an un-informed way, such as simply seeing which one people seem to be talking about the most, which one has better looking pictures on it's steam page or which one suits their style of RP best. Sure, letting users decide may seem like a good idea and democratic, but most users would vote for a map that is very similar to v4b1 as they have done in the past when voting for a new map.

As mentioned before, we want to offer users new RP possibilities instead of the same old "Big city" map RP. V4b1 has everything you need to RP: Government building with jails, apartments in town, office buildings, shops, petrol stations, fire station, cafés, a public park, lake, a shady alleyway, several secluded villages/house areas, big villas for the wealthy, long roads for those who want to drive, an Industrial area, very large open grass areas where custom builds can easily be placed, etc. It offers the possibility to really do anything you want as there is enough space for everyone, even when the server is at full capacity.

Now, if we let the community decide what other map they'd like, they would vote for another huge map, like "Rockford", which basically has the exact same RP opportunities than v4b1, so we wouldn't be adding anything new apart from a change of scenery. Also, our current playerbase isn't big enough for it to warrant a second big large city. This would only split the players into smaller groups, and instead of seeing 60-70 people in peak times on v4b1, you'd see 30-35 people on each server, which eliminates a lot of RP possibilities compared to having everyone in the one map, doesn't appeal to people who like to interact with a large number of people and may actually make us loose players. During our peak, FL could fill both servers with 75 players each, thus making it realistic that we switch onto another big map. However, for reasons previously stated, it is not the time for us to add another big map or, in my opinion, let the community choose a map that would actually hurt FL on the "long" run.

Know however, that this decision wasn't made in any way shape or form in a "quick" or "rushed" way. It was debated for long between us Staff members as we discussed all the pros and cons of adding different types of maps and the effect that these could have on the community in the long run. For all of the reasons that I stated above, we decided to give Little Town a try and see how the community reacted to it, which as said helps us focus our content to what players like in the development side of things.

Long story short, we appreciate and value your opinions as players a lot, we understand that you may believe that another map would be better and on paper other maps are definitely better. However, just like a business, we need to focus on the long run on how these decisions affect our community and at the same time offer new opportunities so that we do not become stagnant or "boring". Hopefully this has helped you guys/girls understand the decision making process behind all of this and that there is a very good reason for everything that is decided, which ultimately serves to help both FL and the players on the long run.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
You can't say it's JUST exam season. V4B1, yes, was impacted too, for a bit, yet littletown STAYS empty for hours. V4b1 can have 60-75 players at peak even during exam as I've see
The following 3 users Like Prompt's post:
  • Archer, Idea, Ryan F
I think there should be one big map,otherwise the community will be split.
However that would require a bigger map than v4b1
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(05-19-2017, 11:33 AM)Holdem Wrote: -snup-

Ok, you wanted to give new RP possibilities to us.
It was a nice try, but one big fuck up. The Server is empty nearly all the time and the exam excuse.. come on, we both know that's bullshit.
The Players should've been the ones deviding which map is coming, so this map will be used.
Littletown was filled the first days because it was new and cool, now it's emtpd because playing on V4B1 is much better.
The whole Update is one big fuck up that the FL Team is trying to excuse.
I'm looking forward to the excuse when the exams are finished, might get funny.
Also, Players might Vote uninformed, but not everyone does.
There are people thar give a shit and you should give them the possibility? Or will the Staff always search around in the Forum and excuse Littletown when Players make fun of the big fail?
Instead of doing that you could actully try to make it good and give us the Vote right.
Why would you keep and empty Littletown Server when you could have a full Rockford (fpr example) Server. I don't get it. And I'm not the only one who thinks so.
The following 2 users Like Idea's post:
  • Envy, Yonno
(05-20-2017, 06:11 AM)Peekay Wrote:

Ok, you wanted to give new RP possibilities to us.
It was a nice try, but one big fuck up. The Server is empty nearly all the time and the exam excuse.. come on, we both know that's bullshit.
The Players should've been the ones deviding which map is coming, so this map will be used.
Littletown was filled the first days because it was new and cool, now it's emtpd because playing on V4B1 is much better.
The whole Update is one big fuck up that the FL Team is trying to excuse.
I'm looking forward to the excuse when the exams are finished, might get funny.
Also, Players might Vote uninformed, but not everyone does.
There are people thar give a shit and you should give them the possibility? Or will the Staff always search around in the Forum and excuse Littletown when Players make fun of the big fail?
Instead of doing that you could actully try to make it good and give us the Vote right.
Why would you keep and empty Littletown Server when you could have a full Rockford (fpr example) Server. I don't get it. And I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Couldn't be more right. It's sort of just getting FLs Logic now a days.

Community: Please Please v5p v5p
Please Please Rockford Rockford

FL: Aight, here is the new map: Littletown
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 2 users Like Envy's post:
  • Archer, Idea
(05-20-2017, 06:27 AM)Envy Wrote:

-snip-

We'll be banned for saying like that before FL thinks about giving the Players what they want instead of some bullshit.
Littletown is fit for nazi occupation RP, not CityRP
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
The following 1 user Likes Eclipze's post:
  • Archer
(05-20-2017, 07:22 AM)Peekay Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 06:27 AM)Envy Wrote:

-snip-

We'll be banned for saying like that before FL thinks about giving the Players what they want instead of some bullshit.

Your attitude helps no-one. Instead of venting anger and unnecessary rage, convey it through constructive criticism. Two big maps would not be suitable for FL at the current time. Therefore, a smaller one was necessary for trial of sorts. Further discussion is going on, so do not fret.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Eclipze