RIP Littletown
(05-18-2017, 07:43 AM)King Kickass Wrote: Guys please I think your missing the bigger picture here. The problem isn't that the map sucked ( your intitled to your own opinion if you think it does ) the problem is that we have a smaller base population then we did before the split so when we added map all we really did was appeal to the player base that we already have. Not necessarily bring in newer players because of the map change. We need to think in terms of attracting a new crowd which is not done by updating the game mode but rather by advertising etc. I'm not behind the curtain in the server so I'll leave that kinda stuff to the development of the server.

Hit the nail on the head kickass.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • King Kickass
Fearless has to look at the bigger picture now, Gmod is dying and less players are available.

Adding a new map people won't have heard of isn't attractive and it doesn't make people want to join, what will make players join is seeing a server (V4B1) packed out, 75/75 on a regular basis and people will be interested in what's going on there and see what the fuss is about.

Personally I'd cut my losses and for now disable the second server, focus on packing out the main server first. Or just change the map to what the community wants, because then it's our problem if nobody is on it if we asked for it.
The following 4 users Like Falc's post:
  • King Kickass, Envy, Eclipze, Idea
(05-18-2017, 08:43 AM)Falc Wrote: Fearless has to look at the bigger picture now, Gmod is dying and less players are available.

Adding a new map people won't have heard of isn't attractive and it doesn't make people want to join, what will make players join is seeing a server (V4B1) packed out, 75/75 on a regular basis and people will be interested in what's going on there and see what the fuss is about.

Personally I'd cut my losses and for now disable the second server, focus on packing out the main server first. Or just change the map to what the community wants, because then it's our problem if nobody is on it if we asked for it.

Just wanted to provide the statistics to what falc said about the diminishing gmod population
http://steamcharts.com/app/4000#1m

There's a trend where it goes up on week ends ( obviously) because it's exam season the population shot down and will possibly go back up when summer arrives.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Falc
1/40 on it heh
Or maybe it's because exams are going on???

-Removed by Steven8ken
(05-18-2017, 03:04 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: Or maybe it's because exams are going on???

If that were the case,v4b1 wouldn't have been filled to the brim
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(05-18-2017, 03:04 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: Or maybe it's because exams are going on???

Fearless doesn't have the player base anymore to blame exams on a server that is completely empty.

Maybe if it only had 10/15 players yes, but rarely over 3? That's not an excuse that can be used in this instance because there's still 100 players a day roughly that don't, but it's still empty.

It's time to bite the bullet and realise the bigger issue here I think, cut the excuses and tackle where it's really going wrong.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • DarkN00b, lordofthesilver
Yea in my opinion we exactly don't have enough players to even think about any further map change on server with littletown currently. If possible I'd like to focus on one server and try to raise playerbase by slowly, but surely making the gamemode more fun. Because what else is left, dividing the playerbase to two servers is a gamble too. We shouldn't waste development time on things that are more likely to be pointless in future.

Even if we have less playerbase because of exams the current situation is getting worse and worse

But that's just my opinion...
The following 3 users Like DarkN00b's post:
  • Eclipze, lordofthesilver, Falc
V5P on with 80/85 slots single server is my opinion. Yes.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 6 users Like Yonno's post:
  • god, Random, lordofthesilver, Envy, Dauntless, jhayw
Based on this: http://steamcharts.com/app/4000#1m

Gmod playerbase is 34k - max to 27k - minimum.

In 2013 and 2014 which I consider as very succesfull years for FL, average player count was even slightly less.

So maybe excuse is not in players loosing interest in gmod, but FL is doing something wrong in terms of attracting new playerbase?
The following 2 users Like Prosto's post:
  • Dragnort_, Envy