Restrictions for Proplimit Increases
(05-12-2017, 07:44 PM)General Rickets Wrote: I don't understand the difference between one person spawning 150 props and 4 people collectively spawning 150 props either way there is still 150 props down it is just a hella lot more inconvenient for the players involved.

^^ this

I mean I agree with the change to admins having unlimited props but I honestly don't understand the change to regular users and as said by Rickets here, it's true. I don't want to have to wait for another person to come online just so I can build a detailed dupe. Props that are frozen don't cause lag, admins who can spawn lamps, 1000 prop dupes and vehicles with high polygons do cause lag
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 1 user Likes Broccoli's post:
  • Envy
True, this change should have only applied to admins, propraises aren't THAT common in all honesty, and there is no need to make it harder to get them for players.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
No change. Admins still give themselves huge prop limits.
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
(05-14-2017, 10:06 AM)ELAD Wrote: No change. Admins still give themselves huge prop limits
I can see two reasons why this change was implemented, the first one is to deter staff members from using many props in an effort to reduce lag (it's effectiveness can be questioned).
The second reason was to make the staff decision process more transparent, allowing users to know what the staff are using their props for. 
My issue with this is that I really don't think this has had any noticeable impact on performance increase. When a prop is frozen it has no real impact on performance, you can place 500 props and experience a similar amount of performance drop as two cars being spawned in. Not to mention that the game's optimisation is poor.
It seems strange to me that if you aim was to reduce performance drop then you should choose to limit the number of vehicles that can be spawned. I suggest that we go back to a day where you could only spawn in one car per person ( this was only changed for the truck update) as well as a system that auto-removes cars that haven't changed location for 20 minutes.  It is clear that if your goal is to tackle performance drops then you should look at the reduction of cars that are spawned in and leave props, we all know that in reality that frozen props really have no effect.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
(05-14-2017, 10:42 AM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 10:06 AM)ELAD Wrote: No change. Admins still give themselves huge prop limits
I can see two reasons why this change was implemented, the first one is to deter staff members from using many props in an effort to reduce lag (it's effectiveness can be questioned).
The second reason was to make the staff decision process more transparent, allowing users to know what the staff are using their props for. 
My issue with this is that I really don't think this has had any noticeable impact on performance increase. When a prop is frozen it has no real impact on performance, you can place 500 props and experience a similar amount of performance drop as two cars being spawned in. Not to mention that the game's optimisation is poor.
It seems strange to me that if you aim was to reduce performance drop then you should choose to limit the number of vehicles that can be spawned. I suggest that we go back to a day where you could only spawn in one car per person ( this was only changed for the truck update) as well as a system that auto-removes cars that haven't changed location for 20 minutes.  It is clear that if your goal is to tackle performance drops then you should look at the reduction of cars that are spawned in and leave props, we all know that in reality that frozen props really have no effect.

You say that frozen props do not have any effect on performance, and what exactly do you have to back this up with? Doing multiple tests on the beta server + a local development server showed huge impacts on client performance. The server might be able to handle huge builds created by admins hitting 500, 800, even 3000 props, but the likelihood of clients timing out when rendering this amount of props are high. Refer to this post to read more about that.

I am against the fact that a select few people get their proplimit risen all the time because they are friends with administrators, you might argue that everyone could easily get a proplimit if they sent a @-call and asked for it, that is wrong. I've been an administrator on the servers I know how often people ask for proplimits on the server, it's many times an hour, usually, they just get ignored by staff members. However, if you are friend with a staff member all you have to do is sending a message on steam or asking on TeamSpeak then they will most likely get it within a minute. I've seen unknown players who have very good builds that would include a lot of people get ignored when asking for proplimits, however, I've also seen known players use 300-400 props on a house/mansion that only include 3-4 people in the roleplay get their proplimits risen just for that.

I believe the change is good as it allows players to know to who and why proplimits are given, along with this it will also stop admins and players from putting unneeded details into their builds. 
I remember when I joined this server, users had no way of raising their proplimits, yet no one complained about it. If users wanted to build good dupes back then you would gather a group of friends and build with them, afterward you would roleplay with them on the main servers.

Underneath I have a few examples of what I managed to build with my friends with no proplimits, even though I was not the best builder back then, I still managed to build decent things. They might not be in the same quality range as 300-400 prop dupes today, but they were more efficient and worked well. (And notice, they are all open for a lot of p2p interaction)

Spoiler :
Art gallery, 60 props (2x 30) (Would usually have 4-5 employees and would get regular visitors)

Spoiler :
[Image: 6F640C4E0C75895FE89DFDE7E1A1C60163BF1FDE]

Hospital, 150 props (5x 30) or 120 props, I don't remember. (Would usually include 10-15 employees and get regular visitors)

Spoiler :
[Image: 90FC93315D5E30D44F5736722D4F2B95F1F6422D]

Penitentiary, 150 props (5x30) Or perhaps 200, not sure if the 40 proplimit change was made yet. (Included 10-15 employees and the whole government force to deliver prisoners here instead)

Spoiler :
[Image: 65A91419699A290BCA73F6679705D5977EB2EAE1][Image: C8AAEC33D6890E349E9B055FE77E1C5AB7823A94]
[Image: 02ECD92BA645692E2BC000D43EA7CB5469E3F785][Image: 7C08AD3E34AD16294D9CD44A26E895DC2EA54EDE]

The following 1 user Likes Rylund's post:
  • MrFinnConlon