More props to scale with rp points
-Support

If you require more props, ask some friends to join in. If you require further help the staff can raise props if the RP meets the guidelines.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Wolven
(12-30-2017, 04:49 PM)DVN Wrote: -Support

If you require more props, ask some friends to join in. If you require further help the staff can raise props if the RP meets the guidelines.

What if your friends can't build up to your standards, as in they're new to the game or don't know about your idea what you're willing to build or your rp doesn't require more players? I don't need random vending machines or plastic floor in my high standard office building (for example). Only one of my friends understands the building aspect the same way I do, everyone else I know doesn't have the same mindset to building as me and the other guy do so it's either I build with him every time which isn't possible since he's busy irl or I'll have to trust a random squeeker or an idiotic friend not to ruin and be useless in helping with building.

How am I even supposed to build a bigger thing than the default prop limit then? I'd have to ask an admin for additional props to even be able to build that thing and then be able to split it in parts so that it can be spawned with your friends. Besides some players' games crash much more often than mine does since they have bad configs or outdated setups so not everyone can even be trusted to not crash mid rp ruining a whole entertainment of many say visitors or customers till the said player is able to connect.

Is it okay for an admin to have 300-900 props for his clan rp with 4 players joining in the rp? A clan rp which is a huge undercover criminal base which only the police are going to raid, if anyone is going to interact with it.

Why not balance it for everyone grant everyone equal set of tools and possibilities instead. What if an admin doesn't like you personally, can you even safely say that there isn't any favoring happening at all when it comes to setting prop limits? Can you even prove yourself to be worthy of a prop raise to an admin as a new 5 hours spent on the server type of player even though you have a long history of role playing on gmod, in similarly themed servers. Someone with different standards when it comes to prop and building tool limits might have a hard time coping with the ridiculously low limits. 30 props is ridiculously low to build even a decent shop with barely any detail put in place. Either you'll have to donate or reach 200 hours, not everyone is ready to make the decision of donating towards the server so abruptly. The other choice is to suffer 200 hours with only 30 props.

We're different kind of role players. Someone loves making public kind of shops, someone industrial devices, someone doesn't even like building. Some of us like playing with their friends, someone doesn't. What if there's a player who enjoys interacting with other players a lot, except not including anyone else directly in their role plays running low on the risk of a random player ruining the role play just because he thinks a childish out of character joke fits the situation.
(01-03-2018, 03:34 PM)Joulle Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 04:49 PM)DVN Wrote: -Support

-snip-

What if there's a player who enjoys interacting with other players a lot, except not including anyone else directly in their role plays running low on the risk of a random player ruining the role play just because he thinks a childish out of character joke fits the situation.

In this case you'd ask for a prop limit, like any other player currently.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • DVN
+ Support
This shouldn't be crazily increased but I do believe better role play situations could be made with an experienced role player and more opportunity brought through the freedom on a SLIGHTLY increased prop limit.
[Image: ohr1f5E.jpg]
This was moved to Declined with no comment,

Moved back to Suggestions.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I would love for this to be implemented. Not only would it drive people to do more roleplay due to their rewards, but when you have more props, it will open more roleplay possibilities and details, making roleplays more immersive which then, in turn, driving people to roleplay further (creating a sort of loop encouraging and opening the possibility for detailed/immersive roleplays to take place more frequently). Yes, how many props you have doesn't determine the quality of your roleplay and how well you get into character as well as your use of roleplay commands, but we can all agree that more props for roleplays and events/mini-events certainly allow for the possibility for more immersive and eccentric dupes and roleplay.

However having said that, the amount of lag/FPS issues caused by the number of props being placed will be a massive issue, which is for me personally, something we should prioritize especially with the map being v4b1 at the moment. Hopefully, a compromise can be made as this is a great suggestion however many issues would arise from the implementation of it.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
-support
[Image: high-5.png]
-support
This isn’t going to solve all our problems, people need to get interested in RPing again before prop limit increases become a necessity
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
-support
Wolven

+Support

"All the better to propkill you with."

[Image: P687003_01]