What happend to Garrys mod server list?
It just seems like someone filled a bunch of servers with bots, or just faked a ton of servers being full and then named the gamemode to whatever they want to make it show up like that in the server list.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(04-10-2017, 08:59 AM)King Kickass Wrote: Hurray gmod popularity is growing maybe v2d will come back

Let's pray
I'm not sure how many here follows facepunch forums, a lot of drama has evolved on their forums regarding a person called stonedpenguin. Basically, he used proxy servers to gain players on his servers, making them show fake amounts of players in their region, and that way also making it look like the server ping was fantastic, but it the end they would get redirected to the real server where they most likely would end up having a shit ping.
His servers got blacklisted causing people not being able to see them due to him doing this.

I can imagine it's him or someone else having fun using proxy servers displaying fake information causing them to hit the top of the server browser.

The info above might be partly incorrect as I didn't bother reading, 20-40 pages of pure drama.
The following 1 user Likes Rylund's post:
  • Joulle
Thanks Snow for informing me of facepunch drama, apparently they're attacking real servers now too