Build Competition!
(01-24-2017, 05:29 PM)Joe Joe Binks Wrote: I have some quick questions which I want to clear up:

1) Practicality - I was just wondering if the builds we be looked at on more than aesthetics as I have plans or builds but they may have some pratical use and movement and was wondering if this would count.
2) Rounds - I was wondering if it was a round based system like you eliminate some people each round or if you just remove people and then we use the same builds. So like the bets builds stay and are judged or if each time some people are removed a new round starts and new builds must be made.
3) Time - This links to the last one. If it is a round based system how long will we get for each round?

I am not connected to the contest however I believe that it is more stages of elimination than rounds of different builds. They have stages of elimination, not so much rounds, so I think they judge only one build from each Person/Team and they eliminate teams each stage. You only build one build at the beginning and wait for the elimination rounds or the end.
(01-24-2017, 05:29 PM)TJoe Joe Binks Wrote: I have some quick questions which I want to clear up:

1) Practicality
2) Rounds 
3) Time

1. The tasks will be announced on the day. This is to avoid people whom have more free time gaining an advantage by preplanning and developing their builds. Of course, this also means there will be no pre made duped allowed either. 

2. Rounds have been explained in the announcement. Every round a percentage of the top entries will go through. They will then be given a new task and be forced to delete their old build. 

3. Time limits for each topic are set on the day, however the event will last around 2 hours. This is an estimate and the schedules may change during the event and it may take slightly more or less time.
The following 2 users Like Centurion's post:
  • Joe Joe, JohnSilver
Yes! I am so looking forward to this!
Wolfie
The world has fallen to the wolves

(01-24-2017, 12:19 PM)Agorith Wrote: So just wondering but is the current list of donators donations already added to the existing pricepool or?
Because you mentioned you all in the staff team were feeling generous and would fund it to atleast 1 mil but then I see the donator list and it adds another mil? Or is that the existing million?

hello
(01-26-2017, 07:30 PM)Answers: Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 12:19 PM)Agorith Wrote: So just wondering but is the current list of donators donations already added to the existing pricepool or?
Because you mentioned you all in the staff team were feeling generous and would fund it to atleast 1 mil but then I see the donator list and it adds another mil? Or is that the existing million?

I for one have no idea where you got the idea we were feeling generous and wanted to fund at least 1 million. That is rather odd. However, the prize pool in under it's respected heading in the announcement. It is always rising, and will be updated as it does so. 
(01-26-2017, 07:52 PM)Centurion Wrote:

I for one have no idea where you got the idea we were feeling generous and wanted to fund at least 1 million. That is rather odd. However, the prize pool in under it's respected heading in the announcement. It is always rising, and will be updated as it does so. 

Well they literally say they feel generous and will add to the prizepool but there's no staff donations except for 50k from Random listed.
(01-26-2017, 08:13 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 07:52 PM)Centurion Wrote:

Well they literally say they feel generous and will add to the prizepool but there's no staff donations except for 50k from Random listed.

I think it's only teachers and staff that are allowed to donate or something, I offered to donate 50k and it's been ignored. Oh well, not my loss.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Donations can be made. PM me on the forums and we will discuss a time and date.
Im not that good of a builder, but im always up for a challenge. I do not have that much cash but will donate 50K to prise pool (if its needed) and as a side note I will try to role play much more and not break any rules,as a way for me to follow this, i will be donating 10K to a random person each time i recive a ban
Team name: Unwanted

Players in Team (2 max): 1(myself)

Rate your skills out of 10:0 i cant build and everyone hates me but im up for a cahllange. GL all/