Is there a person with a grudge against FL?
(01-02-2017, 08:54 AM)King Kickass Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 07:02 AM)Infernaw Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 03:02 AM)SnowredWolf Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 12:10 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-30-2016, 11:57 PM)King Kickass Wrote: -snip-

-SNIP-

-SNIP- 

Yeah, perhaps FL needs a couple of SA's who don't prioritize their real lives and wellbeing and put their freetime into constantly having to dog after the owner for any type of help or approval.

The points that Fultz brought up, what SA need to do nowadays, is exactly what I'm doing now.
I've spoken to Soul several times about my activity, and he says as long as this is done, it also counts as a type of activity and that I should not stress about it. 

Despite the lack of in game activity due to working all holidays, other projects and interests, I decided to stay and do my best. I'm online almost daily if I can be lately. I try. I may be a so-called Super Admin, but that doesn't make me any less of a human. Same goes for Avgar. We're both in a stage in life where there's more than just school and gmod. And if quantity of activity hours matter more than having us around, I'll gladly leave my position to somebody new. Smile

The same goes for Soul tho and i hope people realize this. People can't blame the SA's when they can't do much with their lack of power at the end of the day the developer and the SA's answer to soul as a final approval man before anything actually goes through. So think of trying to get hold of Avgar then imagine it taking 5 times as long and then you know how the developers and SA's feel trying to get something done. If Soul would remove himself as the Final "Yes/No" man that they had to get for everything believe me they would get shit done faster, As far as i know and can think of the Two chain of commands are supposed to be the people who say "Yes/No" so it's redundant that they need to have  Soul in there. Take DarkN00b for example who had to wait 6 MONTHS for i think a beta server or something. So yeah Inf dont leave

Developmentwise, and I can only speak developmentwise, it has gotten much much much better. I can't go into detail, but the good thing is we have two active developers (me and avgar excluded cuz vacation ftw), the contributor program has been prepared with everything needed to provide the best support, incase a developer is not available atm. The suggestions can be sorted out quicker, as we almost never need soul now (only for big changes ofc).
For a fact, on promotion I have received everything I needed from soul (Beta access, forum passwords, etc.)
Of course there are a few things we still need to do, but this is only a matter of how it's going to be done...
Everything is running how it should be running. Even if there is a thing we need Soul for, due to his risen activity the maximum time one has to wait is a day.
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • Rylund
Eventhough Infernaw isn't publically active (like an admin would be), she certainly is a very important person behind the scenes. Daily she assists me running the community, investigates, and manages the team. I'm grateful to have her by my side, and I can assure you she as SA is a godsend to me.

About the lack of trust: I've given the developers more freedom and, if needed, approval is given within a day. In the past I've reverted some updates. I've done this because, if I didn't, I couldn't stand behind 'our product'. Last time I've done this is more than a year ago, so it's not on regular base. I'm grateful with the current development work and the updates are great.

I'm not defending myself, I'm reading the criticism and will use it to improve my efficiency.
The following 6 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Rylund, Infernaw, Arkten, Coffee, Awestruck, dawson270500
(01-02-2017, 10:57 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: Eventhough Infernaw isn't publically active (like an admin would be), she certainly is a very important person behind the scenes. Daily she assists me running the community, investigates, and manages the team. I'm grateful to have her by my side, and I can assure you she as SA is a godsend to me.

About the lack of trust: I've given the developers more freedom and, if needed, approval is given within a day. In the past I've reverted some updates. I've done this because, if I didn't, I couldn't stand behind 'our product'. Last time I've done this is more than a year ago, so it's not on regular base. I'm grateful with the current development work and the updates are great.

I'm not defending myself, I'm reading the criticism and will use it to improve my efficiency.

All I can hope for is this is not another one of your stunts and you actually keep up the pace. You vanish for a period of time and nothing happens until we hit rock bottom and you appear with promises of change. Keep the change. Have trust in your developers to add things that will benefit the servers. This is what you seem to be doing now and honestly keep it up, Soul.

And you say all these great things about Infernaw, but I have a question about it. Why do you not give her a bigger role in the team? Trust her to make calls without you. I mean, I understand why you might not have trusted someone like myself, but you know Inf as in actually know her. Give her the role she deserves to keep her going and let her know that she is like you said a godsend to you. Maybe you actually are now, but I know before you were not. Make it so the whole community doesn't have to revolve around you being on 24/7. Give Inf the power she deserves to do it also. Trust me, it will give you a reason to stick around more instead of making your typical hiatus after a shit ton hits your plate.
The following 3 users Like Fultz's post:
  • dawson270500, Archer, Zecon