How to make Fearless great again
Form a development point of view we need an owner ad super admins that are there for us when we need them and that they are willing for change. And if you haven't noticed we have a lack of developers and Contributors so getting more if a must have. We don't need new developers in 2017 we need them now. For me it's hard to work on updates when the only two Contributors do modeling and we have to do the majority of things by our seves as no one else is the team fully understands what we are doing.

EDIT: Three developers is not enough we need as many as we can get.

That's my point of view.
The following 2 users Like Coffee's post:
  • Arkten, SoulRipper
Honestly, for the advertising part, we should use the trailer from the contest that was held some months ago.

Development would be nice, having new updates to keep players entertained and exited.

As for the staff team, i agree that some are inactive, and this should be changed, or atleast more activity from them.

Also this;

~Jonas.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
The following 1 user Likes Jonas's post:
  • SoulRipper
New staff members, and get rid of the old none used forum accounts
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
The following 2 users Like ELAD's post:
  • SoulRipper, Goat
Ah, the good ol' times when you had to wait in a queue for the server.

More developers are always good, can't go wrong there.

As said by others, the activeness of some staff members is honestly extremely bad. I can understand why, but if this limits the chance for more active admins, then this is bad.

For advertisement I can see two ways you could do this:

Most obvious: Pay some Youtuber/streamer to play FL. Maybe set them up to be in some kind of event so they witness something interesting?

Second way, kill v2d and make it something else. Maybe make say a Murder server? And advertise FL there? Just an idea. Could also just be fun to play other gamemodes with people you meet on FL.
The following 3 users Like RobotDuck's post:
  • Danny Boy, Arkten, SoulRipper
There are several factors to reviving the house. None more important than economy. After about 20ish hours, there is little to work for, little to invest in, and little to lose. Some of the jobs that no one seriously play can be reused and some of the dealer jobs need reworking. The economy pricing as stands is horrible. Some guns cost next to nothing, others cost a ton. You can buy food, but the free food generally is the best. You can have a boat, but only two on the server at a time (seriously don't have the water for it to matter.

Second thing is rules and how they apply to the gamemode. Some are redundant, some limit the gameplay of some aspects of the game. Roleplay styles are descriminated against.

Third, we need our own in house map maker. Places that have unique and decent custom maps that aren't too big in size but have the features required for the content. (I.E. Waterways for boats.)

As for development, a lot of things still need to be done, but it's not really about adding a ton of content to what we have, it's about finding the right balance. My favorite dark rp server still uses CS:S weapons with no aim down sights, no stamina, almost completely vanilla, but yet it holds 70 people during it's low population hours. They thrive for a few reasons, many of which we could easily do here, and a lot of that has to do with simplified ruleset and a very specific proceedure to admin sits.

The administration need to be experts at both rule knowledge and server roleplay. Not one or the other, but both. I've recommended a form to screening to help with ensuring some quality control takes place outside of opinion.

As a gamemode

This stuff generally is okay: Police, SRU, President/Vice President.

This stuff needs work: Dealers, passive jobs, default criminal jobs.

This stuff is pretty much broken or otherwise bad: BMD, NDS, Fireman, Chaffeur

This stuff is missing: Additional ways to earn money outside of selling or contra. (plenty of options for this out there, from farming to mining and everything in between) and, Additional ways to sink money out of the economy. (translates to more things to buy, making things more expendable, or gambling.)

It's early in the am here, but I've been kickin rocks on this stuff for a long time. Hit me up with something more specific and I'll lay out thoughts for ya privately.
The following 3 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Balls, SoulRipper, Grant
A bit late now lol
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
Brick 
Development
Yep something definetly has to change.
Build up Hype, get more developers NOW. The more, the better the faster updates can come. No offense, but why should players join this server for a few acts or a nicer Material Overlay? We need to stand out more. Actually advertise Updates with big names and trailers and that shit (Just look how GTA updates are made. You could get the teachers on the beta server after the update is finished to make them do a trailer or a short show and whatnot. Let the players now updates are gonna come). Get a clear structure in the development area that does not put anyone at a disadvantage, get all needed tools for contributors/developers to work with. I know for a fact that the support for coders was quite miserable as we, which i fully understand, could not look into the gamemode. That is fine for leaking/pirating issues, but without knowing the functions, netvars, hooks, no one will be able to code properly. Build up a CityRP wiki (or edit the one I made) to make it look somewhat more like this and less like that. Get a good support for modellers. Without darknoob our current modellers might have trouble resolving a BIG problem they might encounter.
The following 7 users Like Arkten's post:
  • Ghost, Broccoli, Coffee, DreeBott, Ceddyhmra, SoulRipper, Random
Lol in all seriousness getting more people into the server is one thing and keeping them in the server is a completely different thing. For getting new people to join the server i don't think there is anything you guys can do that will work other than advertising the server for keeping people on that's your guys' business and good luck with that.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
You've done this multiple times now, Soul.
You always arrive far too late at the party, then you throw up some hype and loads of people, even after everything that has happened, still buy into it and then it's just left to rot AGAIN.
For fucks sake, how many times have I even talked to you about this before? Even as a friend? You'll just never truly get it.

Your staff team over the past few months has been cut in half due to resignations, mostly all done with nearly exact similar reasons.
Shit.doesnt.get.done.EVER. And we were all tired of hyping ourselves up, making up excuses as to why things are moving slow, etc etc but seems like quite a few have finally realised now they can't cope with it anymore, just like I couldn't anymore.

From this moment on it'll only get worse, seeing as what'll happen next are petty desperate & rushed promotions.
Resulting in an incompetent and unexperienced staff team, resulting in aiding Fearless's downfall even more.

If you in the past few years had still been putting enough effort into your community and/or gamemode, Fearless would still be a very very successful community.
As in how successful it was 2 years ago, when you had to queue up for up to 30 minutes on a 75 slot server, 2 of them back then nearly always completely filled.
Everything bad that's been happening to Fearless, is lowkey because of you.
You've just always refused to realise it.

I most definitely appreciate our friendship, Soul.
But as an Owner, you're leading this community into extinction.
The following 6 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Broccoli, King Kickass, Balls, Eclipze, SoulRipper, ForceGhost
(12-07-2016, 01:03 PM)Agorith Wrote: You've done this multiple times now, Soul.
You always arrive far too late at the party, then you throw up some hype and loads of people, even after everything that has happened, still buy into it and then it's just left to rot AGAIN.
For fucks sake, how many times have I even talked to you about this before? Even as a friend? You'll just never truly get it.

Your staff team over the past few months has been cut in half due to resignations, mostly all done with nearly exact similar reasons.
Shit.doesnt.get.done.EVER. And we were all tired of hyping ourselves up, making up excuses as to why things are moving slow, etc etc but seems like quite a few have finally realised now they can't cope with it anymore, just like I couldn't anymore.

From this moment on it'll only get worse, seeing as what'll happen next are petty desperate & rushed promotions.
Resulting in an incompetent and unexperienced staff team, resulting in aiding Fearless's downfall even more.

If you in the past few years had still been putting enough effort into your community and/or gamemode, Fearless would still be a very very successful community.
As in how successful it was 2 years ago, when you had to queue up for up to 30 minutes on a 75 slot server, 2 of them back then nearly always completely filled.
Everything bad that's been happening to Fearless, is lowkey because of you.
You've just always refused to realise it.

I most definitely appreciate our friendship, Soul.
But as an Owner, you're leading this community into extinction.

The thread was made to bring ideas to the table, not salt. We all know that you feel this way. You made that clear in the "Why?" thread. Give ideas. Soul is trying to fix things. If nothing is done with this thread, then there truly is no hope.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 3 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Random, Arkten, DreeBott