Improvements to Guns
(09-09-2016, 10:11 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 07:05 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 01:59 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 12:06 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Don't ruin agg rp and the community because there's a few people who are too stupid to use the current guns properly
Don't take away the fun in agg rp because they rush like idiots and die, we don't need laser sight scope version 69 with dorito bags to kill other people, the guns (except the pistols and awp) is fine damage wise, just learn to aim before ruining it for others

How is this ruining AggRP? And the more important question is: How are the guns fine if you have to unload two mags into your enemy to kill them?
I personally prefer AggRP and would love to see such changes to make it even more realistic and exciting as these days it is just important to have a galil. (Which is quite boring -_-). I wonder how that can be fun to you.... *cough* *cough*

I'm sorry but that is pure bullshit, it doesn't take anywhere near two mags with smgs or above to kill someone, unless you're a terrible shot which this leads me to believe. I suggest you take a look at the damage sheet instead of whining about non-existing problems

I did. Files don't lie or do they?

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=24748
Point out which gun requires two mags then
2013 -.-
The following 2 users Like Arkten's post:
  • already_fallen, sebasti161
(09-09-2016, 12:06 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Don't ruin agg rp and the community because there's a few people who are too stupid to use the current guns properly
Don't take away the fun in agg rp because they rush like idiots and die, we don't need laser sight scope version 69 with dorito bags to kill other people, the guns (except the pistols and awp) is fine damage wise, just learn to aim before ruining it for others

The 3 key elements to winning a gunfight is: Medkits, kevlar and a galil. You don't need to learn to aim as the current aggressive RP is click and hold. 
A game where everyone reverts to one spesific gun is unbalanced and you can't deny that. A balanced setup is where people use different guns for different purposes and are encouraged to think tactics.

It's not about any laser sights either, it is about balancing the damage or changing the guns to get better balance. We all know the gun-system is unbalanced and needs to be replaced.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 5 users Like Haarek's post:
  • mintblackbeard, Coffee, DreeBott, already_fallen, Arkten
1. Is there anything wrong with the current gun system and if yes, what?
Answer:
Yep, the damage is too little and the models are old.
2. What would you improve with the existing gun system?
Answer:
Add more damage and change models form the outdated ones we now have to new ones.
3. Do you think the current gun system does enough, too little or too much damage?
Answer:
Very little, pistols are not useful in any ways.
4. What do you think of the prices of guns? Are they too expensive or too cheap?
Answer:
Cheap.
5. Do you think a shot to the head should do lethal damage with any weapon (realistic mode) or should each weapon's damage be balanced based on their cost and difficulty of use?
Answer:
No, headshot should deal 80-100% damage.
6. Any additional comments, requests?
Answer:
I have said all i had to say.
(09-10-2016, 05:56 AM)Midget Wrote:

The 3 key elements to winning a gunfight is:
Medkits
Medkits are good, as they require a brain to use to your advantage, also if I go in a 1v1 vs someone else, it rarely makes us both last long enough for med kits to kick in, so disagree

kevlar
Common sense really

and a galil.
Now this is an argument im tired of hearing, this is a typical idiotic argument that people only use if they're bad at agg rp. No galil is not the best gun, I have outshot multiple people using them with an m4, it all requires tactics and using your brain. Because you rush in like an idiot and spray the wall next to the person doesn't mean the guns are bad, you're the one bad. Check damage sheets and compare, galil isn't the best

You don't need to learn to aim as the current aggressive RP is click and hold. 
Obviously with the current damage guns have, you need to aim, that's such an idiotic statement, you don't need to aim with cw 2.0, as you can just be lucky and hit 1 shot and they're dead. Comeon midget... Atleast come with some valid arguments

A game where everyone reverts to one spesific gun is unbalanced and you can't deny that. A balanced setup is where people use different guns for different purposes and are encouraged to think tactics.
This argument makes me think you never play FL, I rarely see galils, in fact I see pistols used more often than them, and ak47s aswell
(09-10-2016, 11:26 AM)Greed^ Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 05:56 AM)Midget Wrote:

The 3 key elements to winning a gunfight is:
Medkits
Medkits are good, as they require a brain to use to your advantage, also if I go in a 1v1 vs someone else, it rarely makes us both last long enough for med kits to kick in, so disagree

kevlar
Common sense really

and a galil.
Now this is an argument im tired of hearing, this is a typical idiotic argument that people only use if they're bad at agg rp. No galil is not the best gun, I have outshot multiple people using them with an m4, it all requires tactics and using your brain. Because you rush in like an idiot and spray the wall next to the person doesn't mean the guns are bad, you're the one bad. Check damage sheets and compare, galil isn't the best

You don't need to learn to aim as the current aggressive RP is click and hold. 
Obviously with the current damage guns have, you need to aim, that's such an idiotic statement, you don't need to aim with cw 2.0, as you can just be lucky and hit 1 shot and they're dead. Comeon midget... Atleast come with some valid arguments

This argument makes me think you never play FL, I rarely see galils, in fact I see pistols used more often than them, and ak47s aswell

typical excuses from a players that loves his galil
(09-09-2016, 12:06 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Medkits are good, as they require a brain to use to your advantage, also if I go in a 1v1 vs someone else, it rarely makes us both last long enough for med kits to kick in, so disagree.

Require a brain to use? Anyone who actively plays on FL will know all the ways you can use medkits within a short time period. 
A 1v1 right now is who has the galil as it is in essence the most superior weapon on FL due to it's immense fire-rate and damage compared to all the other guns.
All you need is a medkit bind and your friend to punch you one time and you have 149 health. 
I also disagree with how long a 1v1 is. you could literally release a whole magazine into someone and they wouldn't die. 
The current combat system is click and hold.

(09-09-2016, 12:06 PM)Greed^ Wrote: and a galil.

There is no point in comparing it with the damage sheet as it doesn't account for fire-rate, recoil, ammo and iron sight visibility. 
The galil has been the most used weapon for many years, that is NOT without reason.
No we don't rush in and shoot the wall next to us. I believe it is common knowledge that the galil is overpowered. Even if you could kill anyone that had a galil it still wouldn't make it balanced.
Time has proven again and again that the current weapon system is unbalanced, especially the galil.

We are not bad at using guns, it must be you that's expeptionally good. 
I think we can both agree the guns are unbalanced, Greed.

(09-09-2016, 12:06 PM)Greed^ Wrote: You don't need to learn to aim as the current aggressive RP is click and hold. 

Obviously you need to aim, the guns don't  do enough damage so it literally becomes "Click and hold". 
However I strongly believe the aiming you need to do in FL does not represent skill. Anyone could require this "skill" within 1 hour of shooting around.

The headshots and increased damage makes the CW 2.0 a strong contendor to replace the current gun system.
When the player knows they could be killed in an instant it makes everyone more on edge and careful. 
It encourages them to think tactics.
Lucky headshot as you are referring to would most likely only happen during a face to face encounter. Where it is completely logical and realistic that the one person instantly kills the other one. It would be more based on reflexes and reaction time than anything else. 

Therfore you would avoid meeting face to face with someone like that, thus engaging the player in tactical gunplay. Where you try to avoid certain situations and choose weapons that would fit certain situations. 

(09-10-2016, 11:26 AM)Greed^ Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 05:56 AM)Midget Wrote: A game where everyone reverts to one spesific gun is unbalanced and you can't deny that. A balanced setup is where people use different guns for different purposes and are encouraged to think tactics.

Be gratefull for that, it means the server has a decent economy where everyone cannot afford to buy/loose galils. However it also means the people with more money will ultimately have an upper hand as they can afford to galil more often.

And I agree, that is how it should be. And it would be great, if it wasn't for the fact that the galil is unbalanced and dominates all the other guns. 
There needs to be an update as I believe guns should be picked after circumstance and budget. 
Where right now it is more:
 "Can I afford the best gun, or do I need to buy something worse.".
Visit my profile here.
Wait what? You can use a medkit and have a friend punch you and you get a huge benefit!?
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
Obviously galil is better than certain other guns, but it's also more expensive, what a pathetic excuse to call it unbalanced
(09-10-2016, 04:55 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Obviously galil is better than certain other guns, but it's also more expensive, what a pathetic excuse to call it unbalanced

Right, disregard my arguments. Hopefully others are more willing to consider a change.
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Arkten