Improvements to Guns
1. Is there anything wrong with the current gun system and if yes, what?
Answer: Yes.  The recoil and accuracy tweaks that have been made in my absence are terrible.

2. What would you improve with the existing gun system?
Answer: Yes, in quite a few ways.  Selection is both stale and limited.  Some weapons aren't really viable in actual gunplay.  Recoil and accuracy tweaks have made some weapons near worthless.  Most rifles are worthless after the first shot while standing and aiming, much less when combining walking, to the point that you are firing slower than a bolt action rifle if you want to land anywhere near the target.  Crouching aim accuracy and recoil isn't consistent with the standing aim accuracy/recoil.  Some of the alternative weapon options actually make the weapon worse, without positive gain (burst, suppressors).

3. Do you think the current gun system does enough, too little or too much damage?
Answer:  That is a loaded question.  All of those apply.  The issue is that some weapons fall into one category where others don't, even though the difference between the two should be minimal.  (Example, a Glock fires 9mm, an MP5 fires 9mm, the damage tables should be the same.  The difference should be accuracy, recoil, and handling (movement based accuracy penalties))

4. What do you think of the prices of guns? Are they too expensive or too cheap?
Answer:  Like above, the prices are varied in ways that aren't consistent.  The USP.45 is over priced because it has a suppressor attachment that reduces accuracy and damage, with little difference from sound files.  I can still clearly hear it either way.

5. Do you think a shot to the head should do lethal damage with any weapon (realistic mode) or should each weapon's damage be balanced based on their cost and difficulty of use?
Answer:  Depends on the weapon involved.  7.62, .45, .357, 30.06 should be lethal on an unarmored headshot.  The rest should do critical damage, if not be lethal on an unarmor target.  Armored targets should be exempt of insta-death headshots from anything except an AWP (.50), because they are forking out the money to be able to battle, so they shouldn't be screwed instantly by a "lucky" shot.

6. Any additional comments, requests?
Answer:  This community has staff members who are seemingly afraid of change, combined with a player base that will complain anytime they aren't both on top of others and getting what they want.  It's a pretty huge issue of childish behavior that leads to something as simple as weapons needing a full on formal discussion prior to anything even being considered.  To me, looking at it from the outside and in, it is a terrible situation to be in.

That being said, weapons have needed an overhaul for years, we are behind just about every single weapon pack that exists, much less every other simple dark rp in this aspect.  There is always a drawn out debate with crap thrown onto it about "passive" rp and how guns impact it.  Let me spell this out for you clear as day.

Weapons updates have ZERO impact on passive/aggressive rp.  People shoot other people, all day long, with the crap weapons we have now, and the even crappier versions we've worked with in the past.  Stop crying about the passive rp, on a topic based on aggressive rp, when passive rp barely exists as it is.

If you don't want aggressive rp, take out the aggressive rp classes, weapons, contraband, drugs, and roleplay freedom.  Otherwise, update the damn guns already.  The ones currently in place are bad enough, but the changes that have been made to "fix" them have only made matters worse.

I'm not saying we need 23894928734 guns, but we do need options for each category, we do need weapon balancing (should be based on weapon caliber, not on the weapon, for damage), weapons are a required piece to the gamemode.  Without weapons, you have no purpose to Rebels, Corleones, Police, SRU, Government would be safe from any concernable actions, Gundealers.  So unless you intend to play world of passive only, and remove those jobs that equal half your gamemode, the only real solution is to fix the weapon pack.

Bad enough that firemen, paramedics, NDS, Taxi Driver, and BMD are all equally worthless and realistically non functional, but the guns are impacting nearly every other job not listed due to how unbalanced (price, action, calibration) they are.

P.S. if you want more information on all of the jobs, functions, and items that take up space in this gamemode, but actually serve no purpose, hit me up.  I can write a 100 page essay on any job in the gamemode and what all is wrong with it, much less it's subcontent (guns, items, cars, suits, RPPs) and how little has actually gotten done over the YEARS that I've been here.  No discredit to the development team, they have put in serious work keeping the gamemode functional in the various editions of Gmod, but beyond that almost nothing has really gotten done to improve the overall playability or functionality of this gamemode.

P.S.S. Fear RP: One of the rules that leads to tens if not hundreds of bans monthly, has had a fix since 2010, that if it were used any of the times it was suggested, would have saved thousands of players months worth of hours in ban time.  Every time I see a "Fear RP" ban, just know I add one more strike to the times the administration team failed it's community by senselessly allowing it's players to fall into that situation.  Just saying.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Pollux
For the love of god, when this change does come, please refund 100% of the current weapons/ammo. If I remember correctly last time new guns were made only 75% of the money was refunded, which was a pretty shit idea imo. (Especially since the new system was removed in the end anyway).
The following 2 users Like RobotDuck's post:
  • Arkten, sebasti161
(09-04-2016, 07:49 AM)Greed^ Wrote: 1. Is there anything wrong with the current gun system and if yes, what?
Answer: Not a huge problem

Answer: Buff pistols

3. Do you think the current gun system does enough, too little or too much damage?
Answer: Enough, except for the pistols

4. What do you think of the prices of guns? Are they too expensive or too cheap?
Answer: They are fine

5. Do you think a shot to the head should do lethal damage with any weapon (realistic mode) or should each weapon's damage be balanced based on their cost and difficulty of use?
Answer: No it should not, FL is semi-serious after all, and I think it'd ruin the fun of a raid if it was 1 shot kill

Answer: dont ruin agg rp, you'll lose a big portion of the community
(09-04-2016, 08:11 AM)Eclipze Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 08:06 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote: 1. Is there anything wrong with the current gun system and if yes, what?
Answer: Yes, the guns behave unrealistic. So are the prices and that i have to put two mags into my enemy is a joke.

Answer: Higher damage, Blance out the Price to make them somewhat even.

Answer: Currently the damage is not high enough

Answer: Kind of both. I believe the distance between the prices are too high. They should find themselves in somewhere around 5K to 50K

Answer: Headshot should always result in death unless a bulletproof helmet is worn

Answer: CW 2.0

This boi said it all.
1. Is there anything wrong with the current gun system and if yes, what?
Answer:Yes,unrealistic damage,one deagle shot would kill someone in real life(as an example)

Answer:I'd bring down prices a bit,improve pistol and smg damage.

Answer:Too little damage,nearly a full M4A1 magazine to chest kills someone(with kevlar)

Answer:Some guns are too expensive,and some are too cheap.For example,M4A1's are too cheap,military grade weapons should not be 17,500$ per shipment.On the other hand,Mac-10(A really bad gun)is 7500$(Nerly half of M4)

Answer:It depends on the type,SMG's and pistols would not kill with one shot to the head,but rifles will.

Answer:You might consider changing from CS:S guns to M9K
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(09-04-2016, 07:49 AM)Greed^ Wrote: 1. Is there anything wrong with the current gun system and if yes, what?

Answer: No it should not, FL is semi-serious after all, and I think it'd ruin the fun of a raid if it was 1 shot kill

Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator

Current system is fucking bullshiet
Take this example;

at 22 bullets, just before i start shooting the President, from *CLOSERANGE*
[Image: d76c63720e89434690d45f92531cccf8.png]

at 10 bullets, so far ive shot 12 into hes upper body all hitting, he has kevlar so damage is 50% less but still jesus fuck
[Image: 40eb61a7fccc415786a2c77178af9dae.png]

And he dies after my friend finishes him with the shotgun.
The following 2 users Like already_fallen's post:
  • Arkten, Pollux
Any updates on this?
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
Will look into this when time comes