Computer Science
I'm taking Computer Science at GCSE level at high school.

I was wondering if anyone else has taken this subject and if they remember what it is like?
I don't really know what to expect so if anyone has any experience that would be great!

Thanks Smile
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Ratatoskrr
(09-01-2016, 07:39 PM)Bob Bobbington Wrote: I'm taking Computer Science at GCSE level at high school.

I was wondering if anyone else has taken this subject and if they remember what it is like?
I don't really know what to expect so if anyone has any experience that would be great!

Thanks Smile

I did it for my GCSE's, i got a B and An A* in my two bits of controlled assessment and a D in the exam, landing me with a B overall.

If you ever need help with coursework, add me on steam and ask...

Thanks,
Rat,
Fearless Donator

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
(09-01-2016, 07:47 PM)Ratatoskr Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 07:39 PM)Bob Bobbington Wrote: I'm taking Computer Science at GCSE level at high school.

Thanks Smile

I did it for my GCSE's, i got a B and An A* in my two bits of controlled assessment and a D in the exam, landing me with a B overall.

If you ever need help with coursework, add me on steam and ask...

Thanks,
Rat,
Fearless Donator

Thanks for the offer! I may if I am struggling with some things.
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Ratatoskrr
I'm also taking Computer Science for one of my GCSEs, hopefully it will be good.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
Well good luck to all of you! The Coursework is really easy! However you must put the effort in!

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Ratatoskrr's post:
  • jhayw
I did Level 2 Computer Science (Software Development) which is basically GCSE level. It's fairly easy and the only real work is doing the assignments. If you're good at working with a deadline and you have a basic knowledge of computers you will be fine.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
The following 1 user Likes Chad's post:
  • Ivan Tempski
I did GCSE Computer Science and found it quite fun as it was the first chance to do coding at school other than HTML in IT. It was a bit edgy as we were the first year to do the course last year and there wasn't many resources and was no practice exams to look at. I managed to pass it and am now doing AS Computer Science. If you feel like continuing the same path I will just input that AS CS has been more theory based for the first year but was not too bad. Right now at the start of the second year we have a large project to do worth 20% of the marks. seems like a lot of work but I am sure I will manage it. It is very loose so you have freedom to code a lot of different things. I feel like the second year, looking at the textbook, will be a lot more practical. Just thought you might like to know.

Hope you enjoy the course and get the grades you want at the end of the year!

-iixCarbonxZz
(09-02-2016, 12:00 PM)iixCarbonxZz Wrote: I did GCSE Computer Science and found it quite fun as it was the first chance to do coding at school other than HTML in IT. It was a bit edgy as we were the first year to do the course last year and there wasn't many resources and was no practice exams to look at. I managed to pass it and am now doing AS Computer Science. If you feel like continuing the same path I will just input that AS CS has been more theory based for the first year but was not too bad. Right now at the start of the second year we have a large project to do worth 20% of the marks. seems like a lot of work but I am sure I will manage it. It is very loose so you have freedom to code a lot of different things. I feel like the second year, looking at the textbook, will be a lot more practical. Just thought you might like to know.

Hope you enjoy the course and get the grades you want at the end of the year!

-iixCarbonxZz

Thanks!