GCSE Results Day 2016!!!
(08-25-2016, 12:12 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Still got 1 year to go.

Fasten your seatbelt. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.
Yeah well done everyone. Make the most of it, if you do A Levels you will see why.

I got A*, A, A, B, B, B, B, B, B, C, C, C at GCSE and I have just got B, D, E, U after my first year of A Levels.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 2 users Like Tomo's post:
  • TheMJ, Divey
I got B, C, C, C, C, D, D, E, F at GCSE. I've got into a decent university to do Computing. Just shows you don't need the best grades to do well. Those GCSEs allowed me to go to Sixth Form to study Science, IT and Business in which I got a Pass, Pass, Merit. Don't worry if you're upset with your results, there's something out there for everyone.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 4 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • NJperry, TheMJ, Tomo, Divey
(08-25-2016, 12:24 PM)Tomo Wrote: Yeah well done everyone. Make the most of it, if you do A Levels you will see why.

I got A*, A, A, B, B, B, B, B, B, C, C, C at GCSE and I have just got B, D, E, U after my first year of A Levels.

You forgot our solid Us in General Studies.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 1 user Likes Divey's post:
  • Tomo
As much as your teachers like to make out the actual fact of the matter is that your grades don't mean shit.....

Let me put it to you like this, I done really well in school, left school in 5th year Scotland which is the same as Year 12 after doing my Scottish Highers got mostly B's and C's but was till generally decent.

The only job that ever asked for my school qualifications was an apprenticeship I started, the rest couldn't care.

Now after some experience as a Youth Worker and a Manager I am studying a course at University of Glasgow College of Education which requires you to have 3 A's and a B

Proof that your exam results don't mean shit...don't sweat over them, if you don't get into your Uni courses that year, its all good its still gonna be there next year, you go back you do that shit again, or go to college, do like a HNC and then jump straight into Year 2 of the course like a badass.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • TheMJ, NJperry
(08-25-2016, 12:24 PM)Njperry50 Wrote:
(08-25-2016, 12:12 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Still got 1 year to go.

Fasten your seatbelt. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Not gonna lie, I'm doing quite shit. It doesn't help that I have to speak welsh constantly in school.
The following 1 user Likes Ranger's post:
  • TheMJ
Not exactly your GCSE results if you're in year 10, it's your mock exam results which overall mean shit all.
(08-25-2016, 03:33 PM)Falc Wrote: Not exactly your GCSE results if you're in year 10, it's your mock exam results which overall mean shit all.

Nah I think for some subjects the exams are at the end of year 10 for some reason.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(08-25-2016, 03:37 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(08-25-2016, 03:33 PM)Falc Wrote: Not exactly your GCSE results if you're in year 10, it's your mock exam results which overall mean shit all.

Nah I think for some subjects the exams are at the end of year 10 for some reason.

Yeah, you get RE, History and Geography exams. Also a Welsh oral and a English oral. 
I had a Math mock I think that was for my school only.

It's been changed in the last 2/3 years. But yeah mocks are pointless
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]