STEAM_0:1:82596154

Your ban ID: 67067

Banned by: 
At the time of the ban:
  • [FL:M] Tomo[FL:M] Hitman

Recently refreshed:
  • [FL] Tomo[FL] Hitman

Reason: 
At the time of ban: Joking about DDoSing the server. You should know better. 
Current time: Joking about DDoSing the server. You should know better. // Extended by Viljo

Involved: (Who was involved?
  • Entire Server
    The banning Moderators (Now Administrators)

Why we should unban you: 
    Hello there, well. This is going to be an interesting thread, and I will most likely have mistakes here due to the time in when I was planning this UBR, for example:

Spoiler :
    [Image: pRsvWyD.jpg]

[b]Yes, it is 3:42 in the morning, so I apologise for any mistakes or grammatical errors inside of this thread

Okay, so let's get this all started.

When I first found out about CityRP (Years ago, you still had the NYPD Police Crown Vics with the Valor style NYPD Lightbar! AND you still had rp_evocity_v2b) by a YouTube named godbrandont, who has now removed the videos. put his videos on private (You can see his CityRP playlist still), I thought this was MY game. Something I searched for for ages. Then around 2 years ago I believe I bought Garry's Mod for myself. 

The immediate thing I did was go on a French Sandbox server, spoke in chat and got kicked. Then I tried to find your server but I couldn't find it. But I did find DarkRP, and for 145 hours or a little more I played on that until I found CityRP.

At that time, as some oldies may remember I was one of the squeakiest players in the community (This was my voice)

https://youtu.be/l3NgjmqvWCI

, I remember starting out playing with someone who guided me around, took me into the slums in v2d and gave me a glock. He told me to buy contraband.

I remember him walking by the bank and catching a sight with someone with a red dress, and he said 'Wow, that's what you got to get in life, and you will too.'. Shortly after we got raided by a undercover police officer with a suit named 'Citizen', at the time I didn't know he was a cop so I got fucked over.

Then evilmatt felt sorry for me and gave me a free trabant at KFC, if I remember correctly. Either that or I spawned it there. Not sure.

So, throughout my time I had little acknowledgement of the rules

https://youtu.be/l3NgjmqvWCI
    (Just look at it, this was when I was playing CityRP at the time, I thought freezing people with ULX was FailRP!)
    and trust me, I kept breaking them. I simply had no clue how to RP, and even when I got banned I had little knowledgement of anything, for heavens sake I didn't even have a RPP after 800+ hours!

Now what I can say is I've simply grown up. I'm no longer a squeaky kid, and I've learnt about the aspects of RP and how to play it properly with a little more then 'Above Average' experience.
    What I did was completely wrong, and as I said with no acknowledgement and just the kid that I was would make that decision in saying my lawscript DDoSed the server (Which it technically did, mainly because I kept sending law packets at a speed where it caused a little bit of ping lag towards users, which at the time I was aware of but not fully aware of that it actually WAS the script.)

At this time I had no clue that saying that would get me into trouble.. Until it happened.

Which brings me to my next point. I never joked about DDoSing the server. Joking ABOUT DDoSing the server is saying 'I'm gonna DDoS you you shit server haha jk', and if I remember correctly someone said 'Holy fuck that was he most lag I've ever had' after my law script stopped. I shortly replied with 'Yeah it was my lawscript DDoSing the server', (as stated above, it practically was). Now if this unban request gets denied, please change it to something more... Subtle towards the ban, for example: Joking that the Law Script DDoSed the server, should know better or something towards that line.

A few months back I actually spoke to SoulRipper asking how the server was doing, and I slyly asked him about my ban, if I recall I believe he said that 'People deserve second chances', and that has kept in my mind ever since. 

Myself personally I am really sorry in what I've done in the past, and after nearly a year or has already surpassed a year I believe I have retrained myself to understand the concept of rules and how to 'Roleplay 101'.
    I don't want my bans removed as all of them are valid, and at the time my mind didn't understand rules, to which I can assure you I know now. 

I personally believe if you unban myself, I can assure you that I can prove myself once more, and this time not be in any violation to any rule or any sort of troubles with you all.

Thank you for reading, WilliamFarmery10, now known as Zambie ^_^.

Any questions regarding the ban will be answered if requested, but a delay will happen. 

EDIT ||

After browsing through my files, I found my first draft I made almost a year ago, and this caught up my attention:

If you plan on making an unban request on fearless, write this too:
    Quote:I've been considering this for quite a while and have read both sides of the stories here, plus have heard the scenario on TeamSpeak.

DDoS is a very touchy subject and should not be joked about, because it will result in things like these happening. 

I understand why Suarez has banned you and at the same time I understand why Mike's joke was been over-exaggerated. I was leaning towards denying this unban request, but then I heard a DDoS joke being made between several staff members on TeamSpeak at around 21:15 GMT+1, while Mike was also on this channel. It would be hypocrite to keep the user banned if the staff team also jokes about it.

Therefore this thread has been approved, however jokes about DDoS should not be made and could lead to similar actions in the future.

[Image: DqdKRMK.jpg]

OT: Thank you for reviewing.
Hello Zambie,

I distinctly remember issuing you this ban and I remember that the way you said it was a joke. You have served a large portion of your ban and due to slight changes to the way we punish people for joking about DDoS, I am happy to unban you.

Your ban has been lifted.

Regards,

[FL] Tomo
Fearless Administrator
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]