Concept for Apprenticeship Application
Apprenticeships are wank, I done one myself and quit after around a month.

Jut as Marty said, they make you do their dirty work for a wage below minimum, the pay you get for what you do is near on slave labour and really isn't worth it.

I done my apprentice before I went to college and it was worth dropping the role for college as you learn a whole ton more too, the employer doesn't care about teaching you, they are happy they've got someone with a pathetic wage to do the shit they don't want.

As much as you say happiness over money, money makes the world go round unfortunately, that attitude will keep you in dead end jobs and being someone's skivvy whether you like it or not.
(07-24-2016, 11:23 PM)Falc Wrote: Apprenticeships are wank, I done one myself and quit after around a month.

Jut as Marty said, they make you do their dirty work for a wage below minimum, the pay you get for what you do is near on slave labour and really isn't worth it.

I done my apprentice before I went to college and it was worth dropping the role for college as you learn a whole ton more too, the employer doesn't care about teaching you, they are happy they've got someone with a pathetic wage to do the shit they don't want.

As much as you say happiness over money, money makes the world go round unfortunately, that attitude will keep you in dead end jobs and being someone's skivvy whether you like it or not.

True but Like I said in my area, our colleges arnt the best and almost every person I know who are doing very well for themsevles done an apprenticeship and the apprenticeships in my area seem to be really good with alot of opportunities.

Anyway lets get back to topic about the portfolio :p
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Amazing work!
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
The following 1 user Likes Eclipze's post:
  • Envy
I understand your points. Regarding colleges not being the best...it's the qualification that counts in the end. An apprenticeship is the worst thing I have ever done. Wasted time is what I see it is. Unless you are doing a trade apprenticeship in which you get college blocks included it's not worth your time.

Have a serious think about your options man.

Trust me, I've done it all and at 22 that's me just going back to University.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Envy
(07-25-2016, 11:31 AM)Marty Wrote: I understand your points. Regarding colleges not being the best...it's the qualification that counts in the end. An apprenticeship is the worst thing I have ever done. Wasted time is what I see it is. Unless you are doing a trade apprenticeship in which you get college blocks included it's not worth your time.

Have a serious think about your options man.

Trust me, I've done it all and at 22 that's me just going back to University.

Yeah I know, I still have a few months to think of my options. Thanks for the advice tho.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Financial security cannot be guaranteed through doing something that makes you happy, things of such nature are meant to be hobbies. Rarely do you get to see people doing something they love for a job and get a great pay, I'm not saying that you won't have that opportunity, but rather pointing out the fact that you have a better chance getting a solid job that pays well and would help you down the line with your career should you choose to go to a University. Those degrees do matter, Marty is 100% on this one and I suggest you listen to us.
Eggplant