The Don and the Stolen Car
The Don and the Stolen Car
A mostly accurate re-telling of an earlier rp event

She had just arrived at Evocity. In the wee hours of the morning, Jen Walker, a rather excitable girl in her teens, found herself in the city, gawping at each and every building in almost hypnotic wonder; the fast-food restaurant, the unowned shops, and the great towering government building, known to the city's residents as "The Nexus".

In her new Golf GTI, Jen explored the city, looking for a place to stay. As soon as she parked her car near what she believed to be some apartments, she was approached by a stranger; a bald man with a striped green and grey shirt and slightly worn jeans, and a pair of smart black shoes. He appeared to be in his late twenties. Being the naive woman she was, Jen immediately wanted to make friends; but before she could speak, the man produced a knife and said:

"Sorry, it's just for protection."

And just like that, he put the knife in his pocket. "I suggest you live in the countryside," he said. "The city's a nightmare."

"Um... thanks. Sir.." Jen stuttered - but the man walked away without uttering a word more, a kind of urgence in his exit, as if he was being hunted. Jen got back into her car and left the city.

After a mile or two of swerving roads, Jen Walker found a nice, small neighbourhood. Part of it had been blocked off, the entrance obeying a small, black keypad demanding a certain four-letter code. Jen dismissed this and approached a small house beside the lake, next-door to a police officer. No sooner had she exited the car, she declared the house hers and bought it. The house had a kitchen and dining room combination, and the two miniscule rooms lead from the hallway by the dining room acted as the bathroom and the bedroom. The floor was made entirely of wood.

She had barely begun furnishing the house when a car alarm went off outside. Hurriedly, she ran out of the house, only to see her own Golf GTI being driven out of the neighbourhood! The sound of the car alarm faded away as the car passed through the tunnel, disappearing around a bend. Dismayed, she visited her neighbour, a member of the police department, asking for assistance in finding her prized hatchback; but the policeman was arrogant. "I'll help you find your car," he told her, and immediately resumed cleaning the windows of his home.

Jen turned around and looked for someone who could help her. Suddenly, she found herself face-to-face with the Don Corleone.

"Give me $2,000 - and I'll help you find your car," he said in a mysteriously dark voice, peppered with an Italian accent. "I know where it is."

"But... I don't have $2,000." wailed Jen. "I lost my job recently, a part-time job, because the place went bust! Buying this house left me with almost no money, and I don't want to live in the city!" No sooner had she said this, she began to cry.

The Don was sympathetic, and let her off. "Fine. You can borrow my car," he said, indicating his white Minivan. "Go to the garages just out of town. That's where your car is."

Jen smiled and thanked the Don greatly, who gave her his phone number and the keys to the Minivan. "Be careful with it, now."

After a trip back to the city, she drove to the garages described by the Don - and just like he'd said, the white Golf GTI was there, intact! Or so she had hoped - the garage was empty, give or take the odd lamborghini parked in the far corner. There was also a man there, possibly in his early twenties, in a black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath, worn blue jeans and a pair of old brown shoes. Jen approached him.

"Have you seen a white Golf GTI anywhere, sir?" she asked with great urgency. "Ah, yes, it was in ze industrial area. Down ze road, left turn," the man replied. Again, Jen thanked him dearly and rushed off back to the Minivan smiling.

It did not take her much time. As soon as she had entered the industrial zone of the city, littered with large metal freight containers and wire fences, she found it! The Golf GTI, her prized Golf GTI! She jumped out of the Minivan and, immediately after checking the license plate, she hugged - or attempted to hug - the Golf. She jumped in and locked the doors - and called the nice man who lent her his Minivan.

She tried to, anyway. There was no answer. Finally, she left a voice mail and headed back to her house. She parked her car around the back so it couldn't be seen.

This was retold with a few minor changes, but overall it's pretty much what happened. Oh, and the 'Jen Walker' character is me.

This happened on the x33 server.

I might write more of these if I feel like it.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles