Number Plate Warrant
Title of Bug: Number Plate warrant

Description: You cannot warrant a number plate with a space in it. If a number plate was Fear Less then you'd type /warrant Fear Less arrest arrest_reason. It then says The name Fear was not found or similar. I've tried putting quotations round it and that didn't work. The fixes that I can think of would be to remove the option of putting spaces in a number plate or being able to put quotes around the name like /warrant "Fear Less" arrest arrest_reason.
The following 3 users Like mintblackbeard's post:
  • Brikaas, Xesus, trxsh
Wait, you can warrant with license plates now O.o ?

But yes, I see how this would be a major issue.

Not really a suggestion thread, but +Support to the removal of spaces in license plates. I know for a fact in my city if a license plate has 6 numbers in it it's usually three numbers, a dash and then the next three numbers (i.e: 245-392) so maybe make use of a dash instead of a space?
The following 1 user Likes trxsh's post:
  • mintblackbeard
Plates all over the world have different formats. As much as its a pain in the arse for now, IRL you wouldn't warrant a vehicle anyway so instead why not RP the situation in asking dispatch to do a trace on the plates.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • TASSIA
instead of removing spaces in plates, make us able to write /warrant "fear less" arrest nob instead of without quotation marks, would help with those names that have spaces in them too when getting a search or arrest warrant
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • mintblackbeard
Our command system is not made for such a situation.
Rewriting it would cause us to do major changes to the whole system,
just for a minor effect and probably more bugs to occur after rewriting.

As stated earlier, why not ask dispatch to RP the situation?
If no dispatch is there, you can also check the database yourself
or ask a fellow officer.

Closed.
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer