Nevy
Your name: Nevy

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:18452963

Your ban ID: 71480

Banned by: [FL] Jan

Reason: 'Advertising another community'

Involved: Me and an empty server.

Why we should unban you: 

The other day I decided to join the FL server to see what's new. This was at a very late time and there were 1 or 2 players on. After about 3 minutes upon joining I realized that I had accidentally joined with my community tag. This tag contained a URL, which from the looks of it is apparently not allowed which completely makes sense. Realizing that I accidentally had these tags on, I quickly disconnected. Looking in logs you can see that I was on the server for no more than 10 minutes and that there were approximately two players on at the time of the incident. 

For the sake of my Unban Request I am going to list out the reason(s) why I hope to be unbanned:

Quote:F1 Rules:

Advertisement
The blatant advertisement of products, websites or other servers, whether in chat, mic or on your steam name, is forbidden. However, you can wear the tags of other clans or servers in your steam name. You can also feel free to talk about games, movies, products and so on; just don’t blatantly try and advertise them. Generally this isn’t a problem, and if you’re treading the line an admin will normally warn you to stop.

N
ow I understand that the rule clearly says that advertisement is disallowed when it can be classified as blatant advertisement. However, I believe my case was not an incident that involved blatant advertisement of another community. 

The steam name being put into question was one that I have used for several weeks and many other players have as well. It is not being used to go and join FearlessRP to spread advertisement but rather as a means to direct new players to the forum page. I would bring into question why I was punished for joining with a URL in my Steam Username when the following players were free to play on the FL Services. My situation was extremely isolated and effected nobody. Did you go digging through logs with keywords? I don't mean to sound hostile but I'm confused why I was given a permanent ban and yet here, in these examples, you can be seen to be disregarding your own rule(s) despite their Blatant Advertisement in their Steam Usernames on top of their rule breakages. I don't like to make the excuse that I feel as if I am being targeted, but I certainly do feel that way. I think the list proves that.

Quote:[Image: w5Q2jam.png]
[Image: 2eTZmVO.png]
[Image: l2lrsHh.png]

Isolated Incident
This was very much so an isolated incident. I accidentally forgot to remove my community tag before joining the FL server, but despite doing so there were only two players on at a very late time in the night. I did not come on to advertise but rather to play, however I disconnected quickly upon realizing that I had joined with that tag. I'm curious to how staff even found out this information, considering I was never reported nor was I on with more than five minutes with two players on. 

Not Blatant Advertisement
In my opinion, this was not blatant. It was an accident that I corrected. I rarely join the FL server(s) nowadays however I decided to that one night despite there being only two players on. You think I'd give up the 2k+ hours invested in FL and the thousands of dollars I spent to try and advertise for another community? All for two people? Anyone with common sense would know that isn't the case. In my opinion, blatant advertising would be considered spamming links and/or mentioning your server with the intent to recruit people to join it. 

Hopefully you can see this from a different perspective. I've since removed the URL tag from my Steam Username and would of course never join with it again. However, I do suggest you add a counter-measure that disallows people from joining the server(s) with URLs in their Steam Username, much like how you cannot join the server if you have a semi-colon in your name. This will prevent accidents like this from occurring in the first place and also just stop the problem all-in-all. I'd also suggest adding an in-game notification system that allows people to know when a rule in the F1 Menu is being updated/removed/added as not everyone is going to go onto the forums to learn about new rules. Seeing as this was my first time joining after a long period of time I would've hoped to see a warning on the case, especially since it was extremely minor due to the context of the situation explained above.
In my opinion (and this is also fact), many people use other community's forum websites in their Steam name as seen in the image provided above. However, I think that just because it had:
[Image: 9162625673.png]
doesn't mean that he should be targeted. At the end of the day, LL is just another community as many other people place in their Steam name.
Seems like a very harsh ban imho.

But then again, it is arguable that people should have web links in their Steam name in the first place when they join the server.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
Exclamation 
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
Warned.
(05-08-2016, 07:21 AM)Bradley Wrote:

Spoiler: Transcript
---------Opinion---------
Sorry if I am not allowed to post here.
If we banned everyone for their another community gamer tags or any others that wouldn't be fair because if a community is advertising itself through a gamer tag like us that means what you are doing is saying if you have another community tag you get banned or website. However you really should have just the normal tag for another community or you could just change your name while you join.

It also says you are allowed tags.
And he should have been told to change it.
And permanent ban is a bit harsh like awestruck commented.

Again if I'm not allowed to post here It will not happen again because I wasn't sure.

I basically think it should be no ban.

However you really should have just the normal tag for another community or you could just change your name while you join.

I completely agree, Bradlee. However I was not given that opportunity because I was issued a remote ban because Jan stumbled across my join message in logs and decided to issue a remote permanent ban because he felt it was blatant advertisement of another community, when in reality it was simply an accident and I disconnected immediately after joining and realizing I joined with the wrong tag. 

Based on the evidence provided above it was simply him targeting me specifically because of my reputation and affiliation with another community. Clearly Jan, and other staff members, have taken notice of other players joining the server with URL Steam Usernames and yet they disregard their own established rule and only now enforce it because it is related to CityRP.
It was not me targetting you specificly, it was me looking through the top 20 list when I saw you had the URL in your name, after looking into the logs I found out you had only joined for 4 minutes which to me looked like you joined just so your name in the top 20 changed, that is what you got this perma ban.

Why would you join and then disconnect with the URL in your name, were you aware that your name would change in the top 20?
I was not aware that it would change that in the Top 20 list.

If someone made this aware to me I would've simply rejoined and made sure to correct my username
Alright, unban request approved. Please join a server so your name in the top 20 list updates.