Meta / Awaiting Update Gain FPS easily!
Hey,
This guide will explain you how to gain a few FPS in the city or other places you're having trouble playing in because of the FPS lag.
This will require you to turn down some settings and type in commands. This is handy if you have an older series of graphics card like a 660.

Commands:

r_shadows 0 | Quick note: This will disable your flashlight light, and disables flashing sirens and they will view as still lights. | 6 FPS
r_3dsky 0 | This disables the 3d skybox (the non visitable buildings) and will turn it into an empty cloudy skybox | 3-7 FPS
r_drawbatchdecals 0 | Not quite sure what it does but it'll give you a slight boost | 2-4 FPS
r_drawdetailprops 0 | Removes the shadering on the props | 3-6 FPS

Video Settings:

To do this go to options > video > advanced

1. Untick 'Use 'bloom' effect if available' | Unsure how much you will gain.

2. Disable 'Motion blur'  it gives a blurry effect if you spin around fast with your mouse. Not a fan. | 3 FPS
3. Put 'Anti-Aliasing'  to none and 'Rendering effect'  to bilinear. | 10 FPS if you had it on.
4. Put down your resolution and just tweak with the settings. You can gain FPS by just tweaking around.

Launch Options:

To do this follow this guide.

[Image: 482c49a216282b5a4ed3fc52e1192781.gif]

The launch options are:

-high -threads (Amount) 
-high:
Puts Garry's Mod's priority on high so the system will put a little bit more power on the Garry's Mod process.

-threads
Uses a custom amount of threads (increases performance a lot if you use all) Google your CPU and look at the amount of threads it has. I have a i7 6700k so I have 8 threads.

Thank you for reading this guide! Please note: Not all of this works it all depends on your GPU for some this might work for some not. 
If you have a more modern card like the GTX 900 series or AMD's R9 series and you get very low fps, check it's cooling or if your CPU is bottlenecking.
If I find any new commands or methods I will add them to the thread. If you have any I would appreciate it if you would leave a reply down below.

Thanks.
Found this quite helpful

Approved.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
Great guide

As a side note, on some systems gmod_mcore_test 1 seems to help boost FPS by a large margin. However, as stated by the Cvar help, it is a work-in-progress and can cause crashes (though I haven't witnessed any).
[Image: KInLxEm.png]
The following 2 users Like Devon's post:
  • Awestruck, Archer
Thank you,very useful
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep