Game softcrashes when almost connected
Hey guys,

Everytime I try to connect to the server it downloads a few things even though I have all the content installed and when that's almost finished my game just closes, without any error messages. I've tried reinstalling GMod, all the addons so I'm at a loss here. Anyone got a fix for this ?

Cheers
-Signature removed-
Tried joining a singleplayer game and then directly connect to the desired Fearless server?

You could also try Verifying integrity of game cache.

Please send a reply on the progress Smile
(03-23-2016, 08:35 PM)The Raccoon Wrote: Tried joining a singleplayer game and then directly connect to the desired Fearless server?

You could also try Verifying integrity of game cache.

Please send a reply on the progress Smile

Tried both, saw the thread Milcok made with the same issues, also tried disabling the workshop downloads. no fish.
I'll try again tho as I just reinstalled.
-Signature removed-
Milcok1 said he found a solution in this link when I talked to him online earlier today.
Subscribe to the content manually. http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=5622 <-- For manual downloads.

Tried subscribing to the content on workshop?
in this case I can't tell you just to check your console if there's any errors causing you to have these issues, but you can always check the crash logs and do a bug report on gmod itself: https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Crash_Reporting

Of course you could always try disabling every and emptying your gmod cache and get rid of other downloaded files and try to join the server with a fresh install.
(03-23-2016, 08:53 PM)Joulle Wrote: in this case I can't tell you just to check your console if there's any errors causing you to have these issues, but you can always check the crash logs and do a bug report on gmod itself:  https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Crash_Reporting

Of course you could always try disabling every and emptying your gmod cache and get rid of other downloaded files and try to join the server with a fresh install.

That's the thing, I just did a fresh install. Also I tried looking for the dump file under C:/.../steam/dumps but there's nothing there.
-Signature removed-
When you removed the add-ons and reinstalled them, did you try deleting them from your add-on folder found in the Garry's Mod folder? I found doing that is a lot more effective then just pressing unsubscribe as it fully removes it from the system and you can visually see it being removed. I find sometimes it doesn't remove the add-on if you just press unsubscribe so manually doing it may be a better option.

Them try re downloading.
(03-23-2016, 09:14 PM)kippsee Wrote: When you removed the add-ons and reinstalled them, did you try deleting them from your add-on folder found in the Garry's Mod folder? I found doing that is a lot more effective then just pressing unsubscribe as it fully removes it from the system and you can visually see it being removed. I find sometimes it doesn't remove the add-on if you just press unsubscribe so manually doing it may be a better option.

Them try re downloading.

Did that, didn't help, thanks though.
-Signature removed-
(03-23-2016, 09:19 PM)s.J. Wrote:
(03-23-2016, 09:14 PM)kippsee Wrote: When you removed the add-ons and reinstalled them, did you try deleting them from your add-on folder found in the Garry's Mod folder? I found doing that is a lot more effective then just pressing unsubscribe as it fully removes it from the system and you can visually see it being removed. I find sometimes it doesn't remove the add-on if you just press unsubscribe so manually doing it may be a better option.

Them try re downloading.

Did that, didn't help, thanks though.

Strange, I will let you know if I find a solution.
What I did was rebooting my pc now its works fine