GreeD^
I'd like to re-open this case for several reasons:
The case may not be crystal-clear one as it can look at first glance and I will state my reasons below.
Several staff members have requested to be able to make statements on the case.

Having looked into the definition of Kurd and Kurdish I have come to the conclusion that the word can mean both an ethnicity and a nationality. This is different than, say 'english', or 'jewish', which are clear in what they mean. English being a nationality and Jewish being an ethnicity.

An assumption was made by the administrative team involved that Kurdish was meant as an ethnicity (minority, race, etc.). Seeing as no players were ever punished for saying something like 'fuck you English boy'.

This assumption was made about a comment that was said in local ooc and relative privacy, not in global OOC, or advert and therefore was only heard by the player that said it as well as Casanova, the player that the comment was directed towards.

Casanova, based on his reply, did not take offense to the joke, which could possibly be influenced by him not considering Kurdish as a nationality. Had the comment been made in global OOC, players that saw it would make their own assumptions and could consider it being racist to say something like that.

Therefore, with all of that said, I believe that it should fall upon the player that the comment was directed towards to decide whether or not it was player disrespect. Seeing as no other players heard or saw it and considering the fact that it could be taken several ways.
It all comes down to how someone interprets it, such as I could call someone an "English kid" but nobody would glance twice, however when Greed had a joke with Casanova and called him a "Kurdish kid" nobody took the chance to actually investigate what it truly meant. It can be taken several ways as there as several different terms for "Kurd" etc. It was intended as a joke which was a more personal thing between them both and I support an unban of Greed.

Glad to see the case now being handled correctly.

Falcao
Fearless Administrator
Smh, this is a perfect example of hitman targeting players he doesn't like, and the banning administrator didnt even bother checking this.. We all know this ban is as bad a joke as what I said to casanova..
I didn't find this offensive nor discriminating at all. Yes, this is a bad joke, but Greed is known to have a bad sense of humor, but him getting banned for such a meaningless comment is outragous.
Guessing this will be ignored like usual untill I'm unbanned.. What a joke
(02-16-2016, 05:26 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Smh, this is a perfect example of hitman targeting players he doesn't like, and the banning administrator didnt even bother checking this.. We all know this ban is as bad a joke as what I said to casanova..

(02-17-2016, 09:05 AM)Greed^ Wrote: Guessing this will be ignored like usual untill I'm unbanned.. What a joke

This case was closed, but then got reopened, yet you still decide to call how it's being handled a joke and make accusations that Hitman is targeting you? Does it not show that we're trying to give you a fair chance to appeal the ban placed on you? Concerning SnowredWolf replying, even though the banning administrator did not make a public statement on this unban that does not mean that he did not partake in a discussion about it.
(02-17-2016, 09:18 AM)Avgar Wrote:
(02-16-2016, 05:26 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Smh, this is a perfect example of hitman targeting players he doesn't like, and the banning administrator didnt even bother checking this.. We all know this ban is as bad a joke as what I said to casanova..

(02-17-2016, 09:05 AM)Greed^ Wrote: Guessing this will be ignored like usual untill I'm unbanned.. What a joke

This case was closed, but then got reopened, yet you still decide to call how it's being handled a joke and make accusations that Hitman is targeting you? Does it not show that we're trying to give you a fair chance to appeal the ban placed on you? Concerning SnowredWolf replying, even though the banning administrator did not make a public statement on this unban that does not mean that he did not partake in a discussion about it.
You seem to be the only one who cares at this point tbh
Any updates?
Due to the fact that it was said in private and that the person that the remark was aimed at was not offended does make your case somewhat better Greed. If it was said in OOC, the unban request would be denied by now.
However, what you said can be easily confused or thought of as something discriminatory against Kurds, in private or not.

I am willing to remove the ban off your record if and only if you agree to the following condition:
If you are ever found making remarks that could be mistaken for being discriminatory, such as, but not limited to telling kurd boys, israeli boys, white boys and so on to f off, whether it is done in private, IC, LOOC or global OOC, you will receive a punishment increase that may span from 1 week to 1 month, depending on the severity of the case.

Do you agree to that condition?
I'd like you to make up your mind in 48 hours, Greed.

If after 48 hours you have not reached a decision you will have until the thread is closed to accept or decline the proposition.