[FL] Nighthawk's alteration of the rules pt.1
(01-09-2016, 11:57 AM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: Posting on behalf of GHOSTKILL3R [Any replies stated by me (Awestruck) will be on behalf of GHOST]

Name: GHOSTK1LL3R 

Time/Date: 10-14-2015

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:58027181 

Name of Administrator: [FL]Nighthawk 

Evidence:
All evidence and quotations that will be referred to will come from the following threads:
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=67506

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=10

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=10

I will be referring to evidence provided and stated by Nighthawk which has been acquired in the Courthouse of Fearless. My intent is to show how the following admin Nighthawk is inapt to be an administrator and will alter the rules in order to ban those that stand in his way.

As on 10-13-2015 the rules on lying in the courthouse were ‘committing such violations will lead to a lengthy forum ban.’. However, the admin in question resolved to altering the forum rules in order to give out a perm ban myself, GHOSTK1LL3R. Whether he was the one to give the perm ban or not, he was the admin that altered the rules.

Here is a Google cache showing the rules how they were prior to the admin in question altering the rules:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...php?tid=10 

As we can see they are:‘Fabricating or tampering with evidence with intent to mislead, and providing false statements is under zero tolerance - committing such violations will lead to a lengthy forum ban.’ However, after Nighthawk altered the rules we can see the rules changed to this:
https://embed.gyazo.com/c7708cfc9d67d8b3...e00f53.png

Which is now: ‘Fabricating or tampering with evidence with intent to mislead, and providing false statements is under zero tolerance - committing such violations will lead to a perm ban.’  Nighthawk states in the unban request ‘I am not lying in the courthouse Ghost. I attempted to edit the post yes but I do not have the sufficient permissions to edit that post as Soul confirmed when he confronted me the next day about it. Again the post was edited FOURTEEN days before you were banned. So do not try that.’ A few things I’d like to pull up from this quote. ‘I attempted to edit the post yes but I do not have the sufficient permissions to edit that post as Soul confirmed when he confronted me the next day about it.’. You state that you do not have the ‘sufficient permission to edit that post’. However, it states that you did alter the post and if you didn't have permission that would not appear. Additionally, I have spoken to multiple admins of the server and they have informed me that they are able to alter the post. 

As we can see, Nighthawk has now lied in order to protect his own back.You also state in the same post: 'Again the post was edited FOURTEEN days before you were banned. So do not try that.’ I would like to know how you knew it was edited fourteen days before I was banned? And I would also like to know why you know this. This will be the first admin abuse case posted and will be linked to a secondary admin abuse case which will be posted regarding a player report.I feel that Nighthawk is ill fit for duty as an admin and is too bias in what he does. This is no ‘innocent mistake’ made by the admin in question and is lying to cover his tracks.

I request that admins that are not involved, to post on this case and that the reviewing statement clarifies if admins are able to alter that thread.

I am involved in an aspect of the case relevant to the section I have bolded, underlined, and colored.
This will be a two part reply

1: ) As I said in the Ghost's UBR shortly before it was closed.  I was tasked by SA Killjoy to alter the rules from lengthy forum ban to perm ban, not Nighthawkd.

and more importantly,

2: ) I accuse you of attempting to falsify evidence in an effort to lead to successfully demoting this administrator.  If you take a look at the screenshot of the rules "before" and the rules "after", take a long long look.  The thread titles are completely different, as is the context there in.  I need a staff member to confirm this assumption.

This concludes my interaction with this case unless requested by investigating staff.

I invite any Forum Super Moderator to check the edit history of the HOW TO make a ban request to confirm that I am telling the truth.
(01-12-2016, 06:27 AM)Jokhah Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 11:57 AM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: -snip-

I am involved in an aspect of the case relevant to the section I have bolded, underlined, and colored.
This will be a two part reply

1Smile As I said in the Ghost's UBR shortly before it was closed.  I was tasked by SA Killjoy to alter the rules from lengthy forum ban to perm ban, not Nighthawkd.

and more importantly,

2Smile I accuse you of attempting to falsify evidence in an effort to lead to successfully demoting this administrator.  If you take a look at the screenshot of the rules "before" and the rules "after", take a long long look.  The thread titles are completely different, as is the context there in.  I need a staff member to confirm this assumption.

This concludes my interaction with this case unless requested by investigating staff.

I invite any Forum Super Moderator to check the edit history of the HOW TO make a ban request to confirm that I am telling the truth.

You're right. The incorrect link has been has been placed in the thread. One for unban request rules and the thread in question, player report rules which have been altered by Nighthawkd as it still states. I shall inform GHOSTK1LL3R of the mistake and have the link removed from the OP as soon as possible.

Thank you for pointing out this mistake, however please refrain from posting in the future as you are not involved.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
As stated in my post, I am involved as I was the one who changed the text to perm ban from lengthly forum ban. I was instructed to do so by former SA Killjoy. Unless you are removing that entire segment from this abuse thread, my involvement in this case stands. Please allow the administrators here to interpret if the context of my involvement is insignificant enough to dismiss me from this case.

I'm more than well versed in both FL policy and the entire section of the rules for this courthouse. I will not be pushed out by someone who lacks the authority to do so.
(01-09-2016, 04:22 PM)NightHawkd Wrote: I already stated that i didn't edit it. When the split happened Soul did a revamp on all of the threads. Which is why there is a change in them from the cached version. I would not risk my position here on FL for someone who has bo actual effect on me or my real life. So think what you wish but again I have already been talked to Soul about the thread and he said nothing was changed and to not try again.

Can i just add that by default in myBB which this forum uses allows admininstrators to edit any posts, lets see.

[Image: rJWIcPM.png]

And lets see the other evidence here, 

[Image: RMAz28F.png]

Nighthawkd, the thread was edited and now you're "waiting" on something.

What are you waiting on? its very VERY strange.

[Image: nH6DmKJ.png]

You are lying. Its not hard to figure it out seen as myBB actually printed that you edited the unban request format post. Yet you say you couldn't edit it due to not having permissions.

Feel free to explain this to me, as it looks like you're lying from my perspective.

And may i just remind you

"Fabricating or tampering with evidence with intent to mislead, and providing false statements is under zero tolerance - committing such violations will lead to a lengthy forum ban."
Especially for a Administrator.

Let me just tldr this:

you edit the post

then [x] days later you say you can't edit the post due to having no permissions.
(01-17-2016, 04:47 PM)Astari Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 04:22 PM)NightHawkd Wrote: I already stated that i didn't edit it. When the split happened Soul did a revamp on all of the threads. Which is why there is a change in them from the cached version. I would not risk my position here on FL for someone who has bo actual effect on me or my real life. So think what you wish but again I have already been talked to Soul about the thread and he said nothing was changed and to not try again.

Can i just add that by default in myBB which this forum uses allows admininstrators to edit any posts, lets see.

Let me add this:
  • By default, in MyBB there are a few groups with "admin" powers
  • These groups are: Administrator, Super Moderator, Moderator
  • Administrators have full access to the website. They can make database backups, delete users, install plugins
NightHawkd is likely a Super Moderator. Yes, the default is to allow them to edit all posts but that is a poor argument. Soul could have changed the permissions. I have pretty much already addressed everything you brought up in the first page. Neither of us is capable of showing how the permissions are set up so all that is left is for Soul to reply and clear it up for us.

EDIT:
I don't know what FL has set up in terms of ranks within MyBB. I am talking about in terms of default user groups. Garry's Mod ranking system collides with MyBB in that Super Moderator on MyBB (by default) is akin to an admin or mod in game whereas administrator on MyBB is equivalent to developer/owner.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Nighthawkd is an administrator, not a super moderator. I'm not going to reveal the system, it's ranks, and explain how he was able to perform the edit. (Hint, admins can edit any post, part of admin powers, take off tin hats). However I'm wondering when you guys are going to put up new evidence. Allow me to repeat.

Your evidence about his edit has already been invalidated.

The edit you guys have tried to accuse him of making, I did years ago.

The evidence present was also "mishandled" or "mispresented".

Now instead of fixing that major hole, you guys are trying to get to the bottom of who is lying. Since I was an administrator when I performed my edit, obviously any admin CAN edit those posts. An admin is required to have PERMISSION to edit the post, but has the PERMISSIONS to edit it. Do you see what I'm getting at? The system lets you edit, the boss doesn't, and for good reason I might add.

Trying to hinge your case, on a minor wording problem, AFTER the primary foundation for your case has been debunked, is clutching at straws. If you do not have a case to stand on, don't try to build a new one here, go collect yourselves and make a new one properly.

P.S. Still waiting on Soul to do something with this, as he has no remaining SA team at this point this case could sit here a while. I encourage you to use the time you have to either present new evidence as you said you would, or wait till my claim gets investigated, found to be true backed by logs, and this case gets thrown right into the trashcan. Different issues require different threads, much like how ban reports require you to make a new one per person.
(01-17-2016, 10:40 PM)Jokhah Wrote: Nighthawkd is an administrator, not a super moderator.  I'm not going to reveal the system, it's ranks, and explain how he was able to perform the edit. (Hint, admins can edit any post, part of admin powers, take off tin hats).  However I'm wondering when you guys are going to put up new evidence.  Allow me to repeat.

Your evidence about his edit has already been invalidated.  

The edit you guys have tried to accuse him of making, I did years ago.

The evidence present was also "mishandled" or "mispresented".

Now instead of fixing that major hole, you guys are trying to get to the bottom of who is lying.  Since I was an administrator when I performed my edit, obviously any admin CAN edit those posts.  An admin is required to have PERMISSION to edit the post, but has the PERMISSIONS to edit it.  Do you see what I'm getting at?  The system lets you edit, the boss doesn't, and for good reason I might add.

Trying to hinge your case, on a minor wording problem, AFTER the primary foundation for your case has been debunked, is clutching at straws.  If you do not have a case to stand on, don't try to build a new one here, go collect yourselves and make a new one properly.

P.S.  Still waiting on Soul to do something with this, as he has no remaining SA team at this point this case could sit here a while.  I encourage you to use the time you have to either present new evidence as you said you would, or wait till my claim gets investigated, found to be true backed by logs, and this case gets thrown right into the trashcan.  Different issues require different threads, much like how ban reports require you to make a new one per person.

did you look at my post before spouting that out of your ass? or do you not need to look at all the evidence because you're that good of a detective.
I was waiting on a response from Grub at the time as he asked me to hold off on the case.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
I can vouch as an ex-administrator that you are able to edit the rules. In fact, I was the administrator who applied the template that you currently see on the Forum Rules (http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=63610) and also did several rule modifications on that page as well so it is possible for an administrator to edit posts by Soul.
(01-18-2016, 08:25 PM)Nevy Wrote: I can vouch as an ex-administrator that you are able to edit the rules. In fact, I was the administrator who applied the template that you currently see on the Forum Rules (http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=63610) and also did several rule modifications on that page as well so it is possible for an administrator to edit posts by Soul.

What I had attempted to do on the post did not stay when I hit the edit button.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda