Poll: Rating out of 10?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1/10
7.69%
3 7.69%
2/10
0%
0 0%
3/10
2.56%
1 2.56%
4/10
0%
0 0%
5/10
0%
0 0%
6/10
2.56%
1 2.56%
7/10
0%
0 0%
8/10
15.38%
6 15.38%
9/10
17.95%
7 17.95%
10/10
53.85%
21 53.85%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Star Wars - The Force Awakens. - [No Spoilers]
(12-23-2015, 05:06 AM)Falcon Wrote: Spoiler - Don't look if you haven't seen it.

Spoiler :
How the hell could Rey beat Kylo Ren when she wasn't even trained as a Jedi? That kinda annoyed me.

8/10.

Rey was pretty hot.

Spoiler:

Spoiler :
The way I saw it, he was wounded from Chewbaccas shot, and wounded slightly from Finn. On top of that he just got done killing his father, and that seemed to destroy him emotionally. 

[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 1 user Likes MasterNoda's post:
  • Tomo
Falcon
@Noda
Do not open, contains spoilers

Spoiler :
My Opinion:
I'm going to argue that despite the way he dresses and presents himself, Kylo is still essentially at the skill level of a Sith Apprentice. He is a Vader wannabe in both his character and the plot of the movie, and he looks up to Vader as his inspiration for his stature and how he attempts to strike fear into his enemies. However beneath the mask he's nothing but an amateur boy influenced by Snoke and the Dark Side. Snoke is merely stringing him along as a symbol to be used by the First Order, Snoke does not see him as a legitimate partner to rule the galaxy alongside. Snoke will almost immediantly disperse of Kylo once he sees his usefulness run thin, as is Sith tradition.

He is not even a fraction as powerful as Vader and even he realizes it, he knows that Supreme Leader Snoke will be rid of him especially when his father tells him so, he doesn't argue it, he realizes it. Which is why he's plotting on his own.

Evidence:
Powerful and even regular sith who are consumed by the Dark Side show it in their facial features, like a drug, the dark side molds their image in a terrible way.
Example
Kylo Ren
[Image: star-wars-7-kylo-ren-unmasked-pic.jpg]
Anakin (Turned)
[Image: anakin-psych-100604-02.jpg?1296091767]
Ren looks as though he barely discovered the Dark Side yesterday, remove the stormtroopers and give him a green lightsaber and I'd just as well assume he's a Jedi.

Conclusion: Kylo in terms of being a 'Sith Lord' is incredibly weak and add that to his injuries, could easily be taken on by our protagonist. He's a Vader wannabe who never continued his training under Luke and prematurely assumed the position beneath
Snoke with unfinished training.

Spoiler :
Also to keep this discussion going, who here agrees with the theory that Supreme Leader Snoke is actually Darth Plagueis?
[Image: 2590681-tumblr_m01napq2b01r3kvzio1_400.jpg]

[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • Tomo
O wow, I've not seen any of the star wars movies except this one, and fuck me it was so fucking awesome
I was so mesmerised. It was good! I just can't stop thinking about it!

However,

SPOILER ALERT, DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED IT:

Spoiler :
The story was quite similar with the original star wars' story line in some aspects. With the new weapon being a planet that destroys systems (basically an upgraded deathstar) and the resistance were able to destroy it in 1 movie. I was hoping for them to disable the planet but not destroy it.

Also, what happened to the Republic? Why were they so vulnerable and didn't fight the First Order directly? I thought Leia would have joined the Republic after the Rebels defeated the Empire?

The First Order look badass and the Resistance are sooooo cewl.

The following 1 user Likes MegaOmega's post:
  • Falcon
(12-23-2015, 09:23 AM)connbob Wrote: O wow, I've not seen any of the star wars movies except this one, and fuck me it was so freaking awesome

Watch them all. Right now. Go. Stop reading this. Go watch them.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • Falc
(12-23-2015, 03:36 PM)megalegonator Wrote: I was so mesmerised. It was good! I just can't stop thinking about it!

However,

SPOILER ALERT, DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED IT:

Spoiler :
The story was quite similar with the original star wars' story line in some aspects. With the new weapon being a planet that destroys systems (basically an upgraded deathstar) and the resistance were able to destroy it in 1 movie. I was hoping for them to disable the planet but not destroy it.

Also, what happened to the Republic? Why were they so vulnerable and didn't fight the First Order directly? I thought Leia would have joined the Republic after the Rebels defeated the Empire?

The First Order look badass and the Resistance are sooooo cewl.

@Megalegonator.

Spoiler :
Yeah I thought the New Republic was supposed to be in control of everything, and I thought the First Order was just a remnant of the Empire which just happened to possess a weapon that could destroy an entire system. It seemed that the rebellion was more powerful than the resistance.

To the average watcher, they wouldn't even know if there was a New Republic or not.

dig

Spoiler :
"Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself."―Palpatine, to Anakin Skywalker

So the first bolded clause states that Palpatine could well possibly know how to raise someone from the dead, and maybe he rose Plagueis from the dead at one point? And maybe that's why Plagueis may be alive. But in the second bolded clause it states that he couldn't resurrect himself. I'm divided on this right now. At first I thought it was the Palpatine because his face was all mangled, since he was thrown down the, ya know, Death Star.

[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 3 users Like Falcon's post:
  • Tomo, Falc, MegaOmega
I was impressed, This was a movie witch at times I could not help but think "This is awesome".

As my Father pointed out, many of the "technical things" actually do exist, so its also more accurate.

Better review after a suitable period has passed so I can freely discuss spoilers.
The following 3 users Like ltblackcoat's post:
  • Falc, MegaOmega, dig
(12-23-2015, 05:00 PM)ltblackcoat Wrote: I was impressed, This was a movie witch at times I could not help but think "This is awesome".

As my Father pointed out, many of the "technical things" actually do exist, so its also more accurate.

Better review after a suitable period has passed so I can freely discuss spoilers.

Agreed, it was really nice seeing aliens and creatures who were actually there and not just edited in using CGI.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
lol starwars
(12-23-2015, 07:32 PM)dig Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 05:00 PM)ltblackcoat Wrote: I was impressed, This was a movie witch at times I could not help but think "This is awesome".

Agreed, it was really nice seeing aliens and creatures who were actually there and not just edited in using CGI.

THE LIGHTSABER FIGHTS THO. SOUNDED SO AMAZING.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • Grunt