GHOSTK1LL3R ubr
(10-18-2015, 09:21 PM)jadanstores Wrote: Not involved - Warned.
Just as a Note to Everyone -

From what I know, the screenshots that were posted were of the Steam Desktop Client, not the Web Client.
That means that the HTML Manipulation that Ghostkiller showed in his posts, doesn't actually work for this particular scenario.

That manipulation is localized to the browser itself, meaning any changes made there, are only visible in that particular instance of the tab, and has absolutely no affect on the Steam Desktop Client. If you close the webpage all the "Changes" that you made immediately disappear because you don't actually affect anything server side. By editing HTML, you are merely taking the page that was sent to you by Steam, and changing it on your browser.

From what I can tell, there are only two possible ways to forge this information. The first is having a Friend Set his name and Profile Picture to the Same as Ghostkiller's, and having a conversation with them. The second is using some photo editing software like Photoshop to manipulate the screenshots after they were taken. Both of these options aren't particularly ideal. In the first scenario, if Ghostkiller was on the Accusing party's friend list, they would see something along the lines of "Ghostkiller(2)", since there would be multiple people with the same name. In the second scenario, if there was manipulation with Photoshop, unless masterfully done, there would most likely be some visual discrepancies, which would be noticeable under close inspection. Screen Sharing the conversation and moving it around should, for all intents and purposes, be sufficient in proving if the screenshots are real, since it would be extraordinarily unlikely that someone could manipulate a live environment that had faked data. Unless I'm incorrect, I do not believe there is any other way to actually manipulate the chat before taking a screenshot while using the Steam Desktop Client.

- Regards, Dark Shadowfall

* If anyone reading this knows of another Way to manipulate the data, please drop a PM on the Forums and I'll gladly take a look at it, since I know a lot of people are not allowed to post here *
Think realistically Would i be asked to go through all that trouble - NO
Would i be willing to go on skype and screenshare if i manipulated images - NO

So if any admin wants to view the trade or what ever pm me
Pm me skypes or any 3rd party viewing platforms.
(10-19-2015, 01:03 AM)Paradox. Wrote: Think realistically Would i be asked to go through all that trouble - NO
Would i be willing to go on skype and screenshare if i manipulated images - NO

So if any admin wants to view the trade or what ever pm me
Pm me skypes or any 3rd party viewing platforms.

Just to add me and GHOSTKILLER were friends but i removed Still have trade logs
The courthouse should be objective and all information regarding a rulebreak should be obtained by our own logs.

We can't use chat logs or screenshots of Steam conversations as evidence because:
1. The authenticity of the Steam chat log can not be guaranteed 100%.
2. We should only use the logs or video/screenshot material that can be backed up by our logs.

The evidence is not sufficient enough to ban the player.
Your account will be monitored though to check if infact illegal transaction are being made.

Unban request approved.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.