Meta / Awaiting Update [SWAT] Raids
SWAT
Your job as a SWAT trooper is to listen to your Sergeant. Full-stop. His orders are to be followed, even if the president disagrees.
He is the commander of an elite team of counter-terrorists. Listen. To. Him.
Whether that be to shoot, flash, or simply report to a location.
Do it.
This guide will only help if you encourage COMMUNICATION between you and your team.
COMMUNICATION is key!
Now that we've got that bombshell out of the way, let's talk about how you - as a SWAT Sergeant - can turn the freshest faced of trigger-happy dumplings into an elite, disciplined and quick-thinking team, held together by a concrete bonding of trust, tactics and resentment for criminals.
As the title implies, we're going to be talking about how you should prepare and organise your team for the following:
  • PROPERTY RAIDS
It's very, very wise to teach your team procedures between calls. Not only does it keep them interested, making them more likely to stay in the team - it makes them a hell of a lot more deadly if they know how to react to every situation. We're going to start with PROPERTY RAIDS.
When raiding a property, it's typically due to an Officer being placed in too much danger to do so, or an Officer actually being shot and killed. Regardless, it typically involves firearms. Guns. Things that hurt people who don't know how to deal with it. Now this is where you have two options; you can let your team 'wing' it. They have guns, rams and the ability to warrant, so just Leeroy it.
If that's your choice, switch back to Citizen, please.
Your second choice is to do the following:
  • 1. WAIT FOR YOUR TEAM - Ensuring your full SWAT team is there is a priority. Regardless of the situation, if your team has arrived at separate times, you must regroup before you attempt to move in. This prevents panicked friendly fire, bitterness and lack of support. It's a good idea to speak to Officers on the scene and get details on the gunmen, defences and any other misc info that could potentially make your raid a lot easier. We'll discuss this further under Police Coherence.
  • 2. RE-STOCK AND RE-SUPPLY - Ensure you and your team are full on ammo, have a concussion grenade available each and are at least above 70 HP. This is vital for obvious, obvious reasons.
  • 3. STACK-UP - Stacking up on doors are tried and tested methods of assault used by Armed-Forces and Counter-Terrorist organisations alike. On a typical day on v33x, you will have: x1 SWAT SERGEANT, X4 SWAT UNITS. You want to arrange your team so that there are two UNITS with their left shoulder against the wall to the left of the door, and two UNITS with their right shoulder against the wall to the right of the door. Typically, you will be in the middle, about three feet from the door. Assign certain units to certain positions; i.e: Bekowsky is always front-left, Barizinio is always back-left. Cart is always front-right, Jackman is always back-right. This saves time, as the only direction you need to give is "Stack-up". The two units in-front should crouch, to allow the standing back units to shoot over them if need be.

Spoiler :
     [Image: QtXlYLS.jpg?1]
    (Sorry for lazy posing, but you get the idea).

• 4. MOVE IN - This will be where you see the main difference between a well-forged SWAT team and a sort of... Meh SWAT team. I'll also warn you that this is where it starts to get complicated. The SWAT SERGEANT rams the door, and quickly runs to his right behind the RIGHT assault pair. The LEFT team is then ready to move in: the pointman sidesteps (still crouched) into just in front of the open doorway, with the support unit strafing just behind him. Remember, it's vitally important that they move together, almost like clockwork. The left-front and left-back needs to be in their positions as if synchronized.

Spoiler :
    [Image: sKtnnnu.jpg?1](Posing again, I know. But this was made in a rush).

If it is safe for the LEFT side to move in, then the RIGHT side will follow and then the SERGEANT. The building should then be cleared room-by room, shortening the stacking to two UNITS for smaller rooms. If it is not safe? Then it gets even more complicated...
  • 4b. ASSAULT - [Image: ZYLCW0W.jpg?1]   - This is, as the Payday 2 reference suggests, when shit truly hits the fan. If shots are fired at the LEFT side upon their attempted entry, they should pull back, firing back as they do. Once the pointman is out of the doorway, the LEFT side should immediately return to stacking position. The RIGHT side then moves into a position the same as the initial 'Move-In' of the LEFT side, only they are not expected to move in. They stand there to put down precision suppressing fire, in an attempt to damage the attacker(s) as much as possible. Once one of them has to reload, they too return to a stacking position, CLOSING THE DOOR AS THEY FALL-BACK. The SERGEANT now returns to his stacking position, only equipped with a Concussion Grenade and the RIGHT pointman equips his ram. On the count of three, the RIGHT pointman rams the door, the SERGEANT tosses in the flash and the LEFT closes the door. Once the flash detonates, retry STEP 4. and fire on any attackers.
A screenshot for the above step was beyond complicated, it would have to be some kind of SFM film which... I cannot do. However, if you can do STEP 4 , then it should be easy to visualize how to execute the assault.
Remember, this takes quite a bit of team-training, and it's normally best to do it away from the Nexus. I'd suggest creating a base in the Industrial, where your gunshots are a lot less likely to freak out the general population. I know this sounds like something that can only materialize from some sort of tactical-shooter, but I've already managed to organise this the last 2/3 times I've been SWAT Sergeant, the third time was only prevented due to a rather inconvenient ban. But if you can  organize your SWAT team to even assemble, then all it takes is some patience, time and honest (but not harsh) criticism to get this down to a tee.

Well, that's about it, folks. I hope this helps in some way, because the SWAT team should be more than just "polis clan wif biger gun".
On some occasions, you'll be outgunned and outnumbered by a large Mafia, Rebel, Clan or Other team. So simply having concussions, kevlar and an AR-15 isn't going to cut it. 
These opposing teams tend to fault in co-ordination. If you can stay orientated, stay alert and stay to the plan, you will have a massive strategic advantage.
Thanks for reading.
The following 5 users Like Jinkees!'s post:
  • Joe Joe, Jonas, MrFinnConlon, Devon, Grizzly
Wonderful guide, but on a typical day on v33x depends on the time of day. Later in the day there is the default set swat team which is one SWAT sergeant and 3 Swat units. Also looks like you put a lot of work into this, I feel bad telling you this but even though this makes up a perfect scenario in the heat of action no one really follows this unless they are in it for the roleplay. Also not all raids will be just like you plan them, they can go downhill or it can be good for you.
[Image: ghTXnEx.png]
(05-28-2015, 11:03 PM)Fury Wrote: Wonderful guide, but on a typical day on v33x depends on the time of day. Later in the day there is the default set swat team which is one SWAT sergeant and 3 Swat units. Also looks like you put a lot of work into this, I feel bad telling you this but even though this makes up a perfect scenario in the heat of action no one really follows this unless they are in it for the roleplay. Also not all raids will be just like you plan them, they can go downhill or it can be good for you.
Thanks for the compliment!
And with what you're saying, don't feel bad at all. Buddy, if I wasn't open to criticism, I'd would have stayed far away from this community.
But honestly, with regards to people in the "heat of the action", if you consistently train your SWAT team to an extent to which they can stack-up and move in as smooth as butter, they will.
I'm speaking from personal experience, where I was in-charge of a SWAT team consisting of people of whom I had never roleplayed with before, though I can see why you are skeptical.
With regards to smaller teams, you are absolutely correct. What I have noticed is, is that the more fun and immersing you make a SWAT RP, the more people actually want to join in and the less likely it is for people to vacate their slot on the SWAT team.

However, the hardest part would actually be assembling this team from the get-go, I suppose. So I do understand where you are coming from.
Very good guide. Jinkees is also very good at training SWAT, he got a rpp for it. I also got a rpp a little time after with the others for amazing swat rp.
Nice guide, cool image and it's easy to read and follow. Good work!
Approved
This is amazing, I love this so much. Great work!
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 1 user Likes MrFinnConlon's post:
  • Joe Joe