-Ban-
Your name: a Disabled Deer

Your ban ID: 58825

Banned by: [FL] Enzyme

Reason: NLR

Involved: -

Why we should unban you: I think personally that I should be unbanned for a variety of different reasons but please, allow me to stick to the most important.

I was banned for breaking the NLR at 1:30ish in the morning after playing on the server for around 6/7 hours, which isn't the first time I've done so. I was returning to the President's office completely oblivious to the fact that I had just been killed there, in order to make sure that the things I had placed in the office during my term were still there. Of course taking into account how tired I am, and also adding in the desire to just lumber all the way up to the office to find out something (not to attack or injure my murderer, I'm not even sure he was there), I had a complete lapse of memory and just forgot about the NLR.

Now you might be wondering why I'm complaining about a 24 hour ban, why don't I just sit it out? I broke the rules of course.
However, this is where the interesting part comes in.

Upon breaking the NLR the admin (who was very kind) gave me a chance to defend myself, now have you ever tried to sneak up on a tired man and make him defend himself? You know it wouldn't end well. Of course I was courteous but I didn't really know what was going on, I thought it would have just been a slap on the wrist and hey-ho, I can continue playing.

You might also be wondering why I'm writing so much for this, well I'm a student of Political Science and am standing in the UK Local Elections this may, so it gives me an opportunity to hone my debating and defence skills a little Wink

Thanks anyway guys, no matter the outcome, it's still a top class server
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
First of all, I'll include a screenshot of our UBR rules with one particular rule highlighted in grey:

"Rule ยง4. Do not write an unban request if you know you broke the rules."

I think we both can agree that this rule was broken. If you're not in shape to follow the rules, then you accept the risk of accidentally breaking one if you continue to play. A rule-breakage is a rule-breakage and I'm afraid we don't remove bans just because a player is tired. We'd be swimming in excuses like this one I'm afraid.

I'm afraid that the ban will remain on your record, I will reduce the ban-time to 12 hours instead of 24 since this was your first ban.
Now you can claim that you've faced the consequences of playing in a state where you have it easy to accidentally break the rules, so I suggest that you take a break if you're too tired to think clearly.

Read the rules and feel free to ask any questions if you got any.

Approved. Ban was found valid but ban-time has been reduced.
Concluded.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator