How to spawn dupes without lagging the server
Information 
Before I get started, more entities on the server is going to cause more lag. More props, more constraints, more cars, ect.

As many of you know, the server tends to lag. This is a guide on how we can decrease the lag within the servers, which I know so many of you will enjoy.

When you place down your dupe, do NOT place it with constraints especially if you used Easy weld to weld all your props together.

I've taken a few screenshots to show you all how this is done.

As you see in the first red box, this dupe has 271 constraints, above that, it shows how many props are in this dupe. This is one half of this specific dupe, the total props used is over 140. When I spawn this dupe without constraints, no one notices any lag. If I spawn this dupe with constraints, it would take about a minute to place it, and lag the server immensely. 

In the second red box, there is a square you may check. This is how to spawn your dupes without constraints, and how to avoid any increasing server lag.

If you've already placed a dupe down and forgot to place it without constraints, we ask you do not re-spawn it as there would be more stress on the server. Instead, you can remove all your constraints from the utilities tab in the Q menu.

If we all start doing this, the server will lag much less. Constraints are entities just as props are.

Spawn dupes without constraints.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 11 users Like SirCrow's post:
  • Obay, GRiiM, Noble, TheAwesomeAuston, Wood, SourLemon, konsta, Enzyme, Barkles, jqnqthqn, Grunt
That's pretty sweet, honestly that should probably be mandatory to do.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Nice job
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Great job.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Good job, this can be helpful for players who don't know how to paste w/o constraints.
Now we just need to find a way of forcing everyone to read this..

*sighs*

Great job making this thread though! Hope that people will pay focus to this thread.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator