Cyborgs Goodbye. #PERMA
unbanorriot
Just as a lot of people say in this thread, I agree the reason for your ban is innapropriate. A blacklist could have done it. I don't know you but I hope your ban gets lifted. You can take this thread as an example in your UBR. Goodluck!
-- Comment made via Toaster
A few weeks ago I was discussing a GPU on Amazon on OOC with a few players including Sir Crow. Clearly this was a sly advertisement for Amazon and Nvidia and I guess that I deserve a permban too.
Ridiculous punishment for a joke that wasn't harmful, I hope that the staff see sense and unban you/reduce the sentence.
The following 5 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • Falc, aviator, Conn, Kpred, James_Gaff
OOC Blacklist for 10 minutes would've done the job... Goodbye Cyborg, Didn't really know you
[Image: 8KO1g8f.png]
+rep AwestruckBullet for this awesome signature!
(01-01-2015, 06:26 PM)GRiiM Wrote: A few weeks ago I was discussing a GPU on Amazon on OOC with a few players including Sir Crow. Clearly this was a sly advertisement for Amazon and Nvidia and I guess that I deserve a permban too.
Ridiculous punishment for a joke that wasn't harmful, I hope that the staff see sense and unban you/reduce the sentence.

Sir, you will receive a permanent ban following your outrageous actions in OOC with admins around you.

- Conn

Future FL Admin

Okay, that was all a joke, but this is actually pathetic.
I think FL needs some solid rules on this.
Hes just replied to my ubr and im lost now Sad
(01-01-2015, 06:49 PM)Cyborg Wrote: Hes just replied to my ubr and im lost now Sad

Thing is, what you did was not advertising. Just putting a fucking link doesn't automatically make it advertising like some staff think it does... which is rather strange when almost all of us should know what adverts are.

It is ludicrous... to an amusing degree of how silly it is.

(01-01-2015, 06:26 PM)GRiiM Wrote: A few weeks ago I was discussing a GPU on Amazon on OOC with a few players including Sir Crow. Clearly this was a sly advertisement for Amazon and Nvidia and I guess that I deserve a permban too.

To be honest, if we're talking that almost any discussing in OOC that isn't related to FL as "advertising" than this is worse and shows inconsistency by the banning administrator...

You just need to counter argue and the fact he hasn't exactly replied to your arguments. The ban time has been missed by him and it's quite clear by most people's standard to be way over the top. The rules don't actually cover what you have done and so how can you be legitimately punished for it?

Definition of Advertisement:
"A notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy"

It would be really silly to even consider what you did was "promoting" the website.

In response to his YouTube comment, many times people post links to general YouTube videos or reference YouTubers, and if you can stretch advertising to mean writing out a URL in OOC, then I am sure you can say that discussing YouTubers is promoting them as they even monetize their videos...
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • GRiiM, livkx
Going to do it 1 at a time,
thanks Avi.
Seriously struggling to not get very very involved with this, it is ridiculous. And for some reason it's made me mad.
The following 1 user Likes livkx's post:
  • Conn
Just.. trying to get a serious face.
Kind Regards Chocolate Labrador

The following 3 users Like Labrador's post:
  • aviator, James_Gaff, Falc