I start College Tomorrow
So I've managed to barely scrape through my GSCE's with my dignity intact and now I've been accepted for College and start Tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect and no idea how different it's going to be than Secondary School. I'm as prepared as I can be (New bag, Folder, Pencil Case, Notepad etc) and I hope I have enough for the first day.

About my course, I'm studying a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Technology (2 Years). It's the course I've always wanted to go in to as I have an unspeakable love for everything cars. I have basic knowledge but not extensive knowledge on the subject and I don't know what type of Assignments I'm going to be given. I'd like it if anyone with some information could help me understand what I could expect for this course? I'm really excited but also quite nervous Smile.

Thanks.
Basically, the main difference that I found between secondary school and college is the fact that the teachers are no longer spoon feeding you the information needed and its just overall a much more independent learning experience. In short, you can't bullsh*t your way through like people do in GCSE's anymore.
The following 2 users Like Von Tempski's post:
  • Boosted, Envy
good luck man!
i started last week! its really fun, believe me!
Im doing
Music: Diploma (Ext in 3rd year)
Maths
Eng Lit
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
Good Luck Man!
My last year then hopefully I will be starting college too.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Good luck in College, hope you'll enjoy it.
I didn't enjoy it,so i dropped out, and i have a sweet life, but i'd suggest that you stay in school.
Good luck! Work hard and enjoy it. I am a good bit away from collage, but as I see most people like it here.
I've applied for college with the following courses;
Law (AS/A2)
Modern History (AS/A2)
English Lit. (AS/A2)
And if the college allows me,
Computer Sciences.
*redacted bc i was immature at 15 lol*
(09-07-2014, 07:30 PM)Boosted Wrote:
So I've managed to barely scrape through my GSCE's with my dignity intact and now I've been accepted for College and start Tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect and no idea how different it's going to be than Secondary School. I'm as prepared as I can be (New bag, Folder, Pencil Case, Notepad etc) and I hope I have enough for the first day.

About my course, I'm studying a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Technology (2 Years). It's the course I've always wanted to go in to as I have an unspeakable love for everything cars. I have basic knowledge but not extensive knowledge on the subject and I don't know what type of Assignments I'm going to be given. I'd like it if anyone with some information could help me understand what I could expect for this course? I'm really excited but also quite nervous Smile.

Thanks.

What sort of stuff do you do in vehicle technology? Im studying Vehicle Maintenance. I may be able to help you if you course is nearly the same as mine