Admin abuse | George the boy | Grub
(08-11-2014, 10:39 PM)Viktor Wrote:
Quote:They used commands entrusted with them to moderate/administrate the server for their own personal gain and benefit. By your logic also everyone should be noclipped when they want if they are building shouldn't they?
You seem to fail to see that it wasn't for personal benefit nor gain, it was for players and so they could get a good RP experience. No, users aren't entitled to these tools for a reason and the staff have been entitled with them along with guidelines, which Grub or GeorgeTheBoy did not violate.

And as stated, they made a compromise to increase YOUR, yes yours Jamster, experience. They were on the main server and if there were calls they could respond to them, as they wouldn't be able to if they built it on the build server. Setting up an RP is hardly IC, so there were no failRP with this. And again, using physgun and building is not IC related as physgun and toolgun is OOC related. They didn't RP as superman, they didn't RP an invisible ladder.. they set up an RP and that is OOC, not IC.

Again, they didn't rp, so failure to rp, failRP. They were not within the "guidelines" as I'm sure the guide lines don't say

Quote:You can noclip when you want to build

Correct me if I'm wrong but, if I said

Quote:a magic ladder appears making is easy for me to build
would be FailRP and would lead to a punishment bestowed upon the player, so them just suddenly being able to fly is the same thing? Its not Rp so shouldn't be on the main server.
(08-11-2014, 10:38 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 10:34 PM)Ciryl Wrote: (I was there at the time)
All we were doing was setting up for a future RP, the only thing I can see in your video is you 3rd person abusing to look over a wall and you state that they were flying around... you do know they're staff correct?.. all staff have a right to fly and if you want to join them in then go on the build server!

If your saying going third person is failrp, so is flying. Also, I would join them flying on the build server if they were on the build server. How do they have a right to fly around and use commands only they are entrusted with when no other is? Furthermore, if all you were doing was setting up a future rp, not rping in the slightest, surely you all should've been on the build server?

That's why its there after all isn't it? Building for future rps?
I sense you are jealous?

Also i never said it was failRP i said it was abusing.

Well sadly i can't join the build server because my GM on there is constantly broken and they were the only administrative team online to take care of the server.
(08-11-2014, 10:44 PM)Ciryl Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 10:38 PM)Jamster Wrote: [quote='Ciryl' pid='389438' dateline='1407796482']
(I was there at the time)
All we were doing was setting up for a future RP, the only thing I can see in your video is you 3rd person abusing to look over a wall and you state that they were flying around... you do know they're staff correct?.. all staff have a right to fly and if you want to join them in then go on the build server!

If your saying going third person is failrp, so is flying. Also, I would join them flying on the build server if they were on the build server. How do they have a right to fly around and use commands only they are entrusted with when no other is? Furthermore, if all you were doing was setting up a future rp, not rping in the slightest, surely you all should've been on the build server?

I sense you are jealous?

Well sadly i can't join the build server because my GM on there is constantly broken and they were the only administrative team online to take care of the server.
[/quote
I have my own servers to moderate, I play on FL in spare time for fun. I don't wanna be an admin or mod.
(08-11-2014, 10:42 PM)Jamster Wrote:
Quote:They used commands entrusted with them to moderate/administrate the server for their own personal gain and benefit. By your logic also everyone should be noclipped when they want if they are building shouldn't they?
You seem to fail to see that it wasn't for personal benefit nor gain, it was for players and so they could get a good RP experience. No, users aren't entitled to these tools for a reason and the staff have been entitled with them along with guidelines, which Grub or GeorgeTheBoy did not violate.

And as stated, they made a compromise to increase YOUR, yes yours Jamster, experience. They were on the main server and if there were calls they could respond to them, as they wouldn't be able to if they built it on the build server. Setting up an RP is hardly IC, so there were no failRP with this. And again, using physgun and building is not IC related as physgun and toolgun is OOC related. They didn't RP as superman, they didn't RP an invisible ladder.. they set up an RP and that is OOC, not IC.

Again, they didn't rp, so failure to rp, failRP. They were not within the "guidelines" as I'm sure the guide lines don't say

No but it says you may use the tools you have gained upon promotion, to ENHANCE the RP on the server, which is just what they attempted. However, you don't clap your fingers to enhance it, it requires planning.. structuring and some times building and it is what they did. Building with a physgun or toolgun isn't IC and it isn't failure to RP either, as both you and me have gotten the privilege to do this to enhance ours-& others RP which yes, abrupts the RP, but doesn't break any rules (such as RPing as superman or propsurfing to reach to a higher point). It would be another thing if he RPed it was a ladder, but this wasn't the case.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(08-11-2014, 10:47 PM)Jamster Wrote:

I sense you are jealous?

I have my own servers to moderate, I play on FL in spare time for fun. I don't wanna be an admin or mod.

I never said you wanted to be admin or mod, I'm stating you want to fly around like them and if you have your own servers I guess you fly around on them too?
(08-11-2014, 10:50 PM)Ciryl Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 10:47 PM)Jamster Wrote:

I sense you are jealous?

I never said you want to be admin or mod, I'm stating you want to fly around like them and if you have your own servers I guess you fly around on them too?
Well no, I don't, cause that's a abuse. But what does that have to dk with anything? You e said your piece now I suggest you stop commenting as this is getting extremely off topic.
I'm finding trouble to see how we abused our powers. We were in a closed off section in the Industrial area with added walls as to keep prying eyes out as we were building for a future clan roleplay.

Only Grub and myself were flying and we did so when we needed to build. During this time we:
  • Answered @ Calls.
  • Kept ALL building to inside the MTL area
  • TPed people back who were killed accidentally during building or either by Grub or myself

We never flew around and caused mayhem amongst ourselves. We kept to ourselves in a closed off area while responding to all correctly formatted @ calls.
(08-11-2014, 10:48 PM)Viktor Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 10:42 PM)Jamster Wrote:

No but it says you may use the tools you have gained upon promotion, to ENHANCE the RP on the server, which is just what they attempted. However, you don't clap your fingers to enhance it, it requires planning.. structuring and some times building and it is what they did. Building with a physgun or toolgun isn't IC and it isn't failure to RP either, as both you and me have gotten the privilege to do this to enhance ours-& others RP which yes, abrupts the RP, but doesn't break any rules (such as RPing as superman or propsurfing to reach to a higher point). It would be another thing if he RPed it was a ladder, but this wasn't the case.
I understand what the guidelines say and what you are saying but I fail to see where either belong on an roleplay server. If something isn't Ic, other than OOc chat and Looc chat, then it doesn't belong on the main server.

Also, I would suggest the guidelines are referring more towards a higher prop limit and access to blacklisted props and extra suits and such. I do not believe by any length they mean you can use commands to fly around, at any point, while not in an admin situation. I appreciate an admin can not do everything right for everyone but flying around, in many cases, disrupts rp of more than it benefits, hell, George kicked someone for shooting him when he was flying, that shows it is affecting someone else's rp other than his future RP.

If the RP is still in the build stage it clearly isn't ready for one of the main servers and doesn't belong there, unless the RP is building in which case there is a difference. However, in both and all cases, flying is not rp and and is an abuse of powers and commands.

To you George, surely this is admittance to causing NLR infringement? Which, to what I've been told, is always in effect? I reiterate, if the RP was still in build phase, it does and did not belong on a main server. Nothing in your "clan RP", which is what you were, technically, doing on the role-play server, seems to have been role-played.

You noclipped around building on the v2D server. There is a dedicated server for building which you seem to have forgotten about entirely.
I would like to see video of them flying around disrupting roleplay.

In your current video they are building which is not against any rules. I would rather have them building on the main server and still allowing attention to you guys on the server than them all in the build server and no one in the servers. As of right now there is no abuse in this case.
(08-11-2014, 10:59 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 10:48 PM)Viktor Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 10:42 PM)Jamster Wrote: [quote='Viktor' pid='389440' dateline='1407796797']
Quote:-snip-
-snip

-snip-

To you George, surely this is admittance to causing NLR infringement? Which, to what I've been told, is always in effect? I reiterate, if the RP was still in build phase, it does and did not belong on a main server. Nothing in your "clan RP", which is what you were, technically, doing on the role-play server, seems to have been role-played.

You noclipped around building on the v2D server. There is a dedicated server for building which you seem to have forgotten about entirely.

If a player is killed by a prop while building they can return to the area if they ask for staff permission beforehand because the kill isn't a IC kill as a prop and physgun were most likely the cause.

The build was for an upcoming clan RP so we had our clan tags on. There's nothing more to it.

I have not forgotten about the build server but Grub and I were the only available staff and our presence is needed more on a server that has 48 other players compared to a server that has <10 players. Just as Fultzy and Ciryl have said.