Meta / Awaiting Update So you want to be an officer....
(06-21-2014, 10:29 AM)Joykill Wrote: Great guide, indeed.

Who says that EvoCity is based in US?

(06-21-2014, 09:52 AM)Mr. Davidson Wrote: It always surprising me, that in USA there is no warning shots and only shoot for kill. In Denmark all shoots fired by officers last year was warning shots.

Any source on that statistic?

There's a American flag on V33 if I'm not mistaken.

(06-21-2014, 07:33 AM)Techdaan Wrote: Holy damn, Venom, this must have taken a few hours. You documented it with great information I didnt even know about. I often RP as a SRU / Officer, so this will come in very, very handy! This also contains tips I havent known yet. I especially like that I can now shoot people trying to CDM me with their cars intentionally (Using a lethal weapon to charge upon an officer, as you stated).

Thank you very much, Venom,

Techdaan.

Hour and 15 minutes! Haha. But yes, if you're in a vehicle pursuit and someone decides to try and ram you or your vehicle on purpose, that's classified as assault with a deadly weapon on a PO in the US.
The following 1 user Likes Venom's post:
  • Techdaan
(06-21-2014, 09:52 AM)Mr. Davidson Wrote: It always surprising me, that in USA there is no warning shots and only shoot for kill. In Denmark all shoots fired by officers last year was warning shots.

Well, if you saw any of the police dash cam shootings you'll know why that there are no warning shots. An example of this is the police shoot-out with Deputy Kyle Dinkheller, poor guy didn't want to shoot the veteran as he retrieved his firearm from his truck instead giving him multiple verbal warnings but to no avail, ultimately leading to his death. The dash cam footage of the shoot-out with Dinkheller is now or was shown along with many other videos in Academies throughout America to prevent the same thing from happening.

Warning shots can actually backfire, motivating the criminal to further escalate the level of violence he's committing thinking the person who fired the weapon had the intentions of killing them but missed.
(06-21-2014, 03:09 PM)Remen3 Wrote:

Well, if you saw any of the police dash cam shootings you'll know why that there are no warning shots. An example of this is the police shoot-out with Deputy Kyle Dinkheller, poor guy didn't want to shoot the veteran as he retrieved his firearm from his truck instead giving him multiple verbal warnings but to no avail, ultimately leading to his death. The dash cam footage of the shoot-out with Dinkheller is now or was shown along with many other videos in Academies throughout America to prevent the same thing from happening.

Warning shots can actually backfire, motivating the criminal to further escalate the level of violence he's committing thinking the person who fired the weapon had the intentions of killing them but missed.

I actually saw that footage in a 10 day academy I went to and we went really indepth into it.
Wow! This is a sweet guide, it must have taken you a long time to write. Now only if we could get lights and better sirens on the police cars...
The following 2 users Like mike3497's post:
  • James_Gaff, HeyItsPlayerOne
Just read the whole thing! Very good guide Cheese
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander
Thorough!! Nice!! I like it!!
Brilliant guide, seen officers RP'ing better already Smile
I am going to start linking some noob cops to this guide, thanks venom.
(06-21-2014, 03:00 AM)Sgtbender2000 Wrote: 10/11

As a robot I can read very fast, therefore I totally read the entire thing.

Seems like your readings are off a bit 10-11 is a Dog Case you might need to use 10-4

Glad everyone enjoys this.