GCSE Advice.
So I'm about 8 weeks from starting my GCSE's and I'm honestly saying I haven't revised at all. I revised a little bit for my mock exams last year and I got average-poor grades (B-D) which I personally was quite pleased with considering I normally get worse grades. I've started buying all of the revision books and past papers to familiarize myself with the information I need to pass these exams, but none of it is seeming to stick and I'm having a hard time motivating myself. I've started questioning how important these GCSE's actually are in terms of the profession I wish to go in to which is Mechanical Engineering. After GCSE's I want to go straight into an apprenticeship for engineering or go to college and study it, but I don't know if that's even worth thinking about because of the grades I may or may not get in the coming weeks.

Everyone seems to be stressing out about these exams coming up but I'm not, I personally feel that GCSE's are nothing to get so stressed about but now I'm having second thoughts and wondering If it's too late for me to change the course of these exams. I can also honestly say that I've never really taken School as seriously as I should have, but then again most people don't until the exams.

Need some advice on GCSE's and my job path.
Getting poor grades on your GCSEs should not mean that you can't go into the career path you want - Your school may have a careers adviser who you can talk about your options for college, if your school has one then definitely go and see them as soon as possible. If not then try to contact the college you're interested in and see if they can help, if your grades aren't up to standard then they may have a foundation year which you can apply for which then leads onto the main course.

Hope you get this sorted out Smile
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • Boosted
GCSEs are important to get to college

My advice is revise for 30 mins each night on a different subject, working your ways through books 1 page at a time

I'm in the same boat as you Shark, just remember, the unis will care more about what you did at college and your Boss at work will care what experience you have, not that you know what purpose Aberdeen serves....
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 1 user Likes Barkles's post:
  • Boosted
Just looked at this and shat myself. The exams we have been waiting to take for our whole lives is happening in a few weeks. I get A - C, (the odd D), and I only really have to revise 3 subjects, the rest I have nailed and get B's naturally.

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
Been expected to get A's in all my exams except 2, in which I'm expected Bs.

Did mocks recently, passed all gaining atleast Cs-with 6 being As (Without revising might I add.)

What can I say? Game on motherfuckers.
A more fitting signature. 
As far as uni is concerned, A-Levels are far more important than GCSEs. All I can say is that you need to find a way to revise in a way that makes you feel comfortable. Doing past papers is probably one of the best ways to prepare as half of the qualification is exam technique. You can know all the shit you want but if you can't express it in a way that gains you the marks (fuck you science exams and 'keywords') then it won't matter.

I wish all of you luck and hope you do well!
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Jono
I loved science exams as I knew how to get the marks in as little text as possible.
The following 1 user Likes Termin's post:
  • Ivan Tempski
GCSE's are Important for Apprentice positions as they are a fantastic foundation which you can easily expand and build on. Through my GCSE years I was sort of the same. I personally thought pfft, forget it. These are nothing as A-Levels are the ones that counted in my case. My goodness how wrong was I.... After going through the year expecting all A's and A+'s It came a shock when I received B's through-out my subjects.

Since I was disappointed with these results. I sat down an hour each night on a different subject each night. As the exams came closer, I progressively made the questions harder and harder until I felt I was solid in the subjects I was sitting.

My dad told me when I was revising for them. "You may as-well learn it now, as it will be harder to learn it yourself later."

That was for GCSE's. A-Levels are slightly different... From the word go, I started revising for my A-Levels right from the end of the very 1st week.

From my own experience - If you continue onto do A-levels or any further education. Really commit to forcing yourself to stay on top of your learning. My revision routine of 1 hour a night became second habit and I believe the results are definitely going to be worth it.

My results I am now very proud of.
The following 1 user Likes TedInternationalLover's post:
  • Boosted
College student here. I got mostly C's in my GCSEs and I'm doing alright.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Cram baby cram!