A few roleplay reminders
Recently I have seen alot of people doing really dumb stuff. I am going to make a thread about stupid stuff in-game that you shouldnt do. It has gotten to the point where it is ridiculous.

Jumping
By far the worst, whether you are jumping on the trash can by the BP, jumping along the road poles, or jumping onto a car, or even someone for that matter, its stupid and childish. In real life, I have never, NOT ONCE, seen a guy hop onto a trashcan outside and go "Hey... hehehehe". I have never seen a guy jump into traffic "Fowr teh lawlz" either. All this shit makes you look like you cant RP and for that matter if you are doing all of it you probably cant. All I am saying is think before you do something stupid like that "Could I do this in real life?" or more importantly "Is it normal to?". And STOP jumping ON people, its SO horridly annoying that I want to kill the motherfucking human headcrab on my head.

Punching and Knocking
I personally see no use for the fists as they get abused. When you walk up to someone, DO not just, HIT them because its a funny sound. Stop, its annoying and it does damage. I dont go up in real life, and just punch someone in the face because they aren't moving from their spot. Use chat or mic to TALK. You use your words. Are you serious? Now onto knocking. If someone is building a shop, and you can clearly see they are building the shop, the door is locked, and maybe it even says "Closed" for that matter. THAT DOES NOT mean you stand there and punch the door 30 times until the owner opens it. You either wait their patiently or come back later. All knocking on the door a lot does is pisses people off. In other situations, when you are at a house, knock ONCE. You can do a knock-knock thing but you dont need to play Eye of the Tiger on a door, understand? Lastly, dont knock on random doors just because you want to. That, im not bothering any explanation for.

Physguns
What does the Physgun help you do? It helps you build. So, if your not building, get into the habit of putting it away and taking out the Hands tool. If you do that you look better, and it is the RP choice. It looks kinda silly if a Gundealer is walking around the city with his Physgun out, no? Thats just a gentle reminder, but this next thing isnt. POINTING WITH THE PHYSGUN IS NOT ALLOWED! You do not do it! That is not RP, it is you using your little mingebeam and spinning in circles with it. Do not do it, admins hate it and it is NOT RP friendly at all. You either do a "/me points at the Nexus door" or you just say "The Nexus Door" or you say "Follow me" those are three ways to avoid this, all of them RP friendly.

Weapons
This is mostly cops here. But, unless you are responding to an emergency, you do not need a gun out in public. In real life, everyone who saw that gun would most likely take off. I have seen these people, who are cops and come talk to me WHILE THEY HAVE THEIR GUN OUT. They don't even E + LeftClick it... they are telling me hello and im staring down the hole of a .45 handled by a cop with 5 hours of gametime who doesn't know what BMD stands for. In reality I have NEVER seen a cop go down a street with even his hand ON THE GUN in his holster. Wanna know why? Because cops in real life, use weapons as a last resort. Infact, a mass percentage of cops in America never get to fire their weapon other then in training, where cops on the server (all of them) probably use their gun once every session as a cop. Just keep the gun away until you need it. Its not going to run away and its not going to get lonely.

Driving
Guys, the right side is the right side. Haha get it? Im hilarious I know, thank you. Is it really that hard? If you cant do it whole bombing at 60MPH through the city, then slow down a bit and try it. People in my town don't floor it everywhere they go. Try RP driving, its not that bad, go easy intown, stop at redlights, and wait for pedestrians. Genuinely try not to hit other cars and make an effort to park. If you see someone in the road, try and stop. All of that is the correct thing to do and I encourage everyone to try it. Even if your in a Lamborghini. If everyone in the down learned to RP drive, it would be GREAT.

Just a few things i've seen around lately. Maybe ill add more, I dont know.
(Updated July 23, 2011 at 7:24AM GMT)
The following 2 users Like Noobias's post:
  • StillAlive, equal
Jumping around on the handrails near the bank and on the poles has become a bad habit for me. I'll try to stop.
Haha... sadly me too :\
I laughed so hard on the Eye of the tiger part. Nevermind its true :-)
Well I have seen people like
KNOCKKNOCKKNOCKKNOCK.
Knocking 200093280 times isnt going to make me want to answer the door. Its gonna make me wanna flatten you with my truck.