Joe Skylynx - Unban Request
Now, what I am still genuinely interested in is this:

1) Why have you decided to practically (almost) mimic Joey
2) Why have you decided to contact me suddenly after weeks if not months of no communication, while using (almost) mimicking Joey?
3) Wouldn't it be logical, when contacting someone after a drastic name + avatar change to at least once in the conversation mention who you are?

Also, for the benefit of everyone else who was not in our chat, could you paste the rest of our conversation?
(11-11-2013, 09:06 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: Now, what I am still genuinely interested in is this:

1) Why have you decided to practically (almost) mimic Joey
2) Why have you decided to contact me suddenly after weeks if not months of no communication, while using (almost) mimicking Joey?
3) Wouldn't it be logical, when contacting someone after a drastic name + avatar change to at least once in the conversation mention who you are?

Also, for the benefit of everyone else who was not in our chat, could you paste the rest of our conversation?

1) Read the op, or my first reply.
2) K, I'm just going to go into months of social hibernation and talk to no-one.
3) I said hello to you. This is not in relevance or context to the ban.

Edit: Steam cut my end of the log off, got a copy?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
What authority do you possess to enforce what he has his name set to on other servers, might i ask? I was with Doctor Internet and a few others who all shared the "Skylynx" name on a few DarkRP Servers. Unless you have factual basis and proof to show that he was mimicking players without their approval on the FL Servers, then there is no argument.

The rules clearly enforce players who imitate the administrator tags or names, no rule or even mention of there being a rule against having a similar name as someone else.

For all intensive purposes, here is a list of people who all have similar names, yet are not deemed to be imitating anyone.

Spoiler :
killjoy218 STEAM_0:1:47771994
Jrkilljoy STEAM_0:0:48098282
Agent killjoy121 STEAM_0:0:50625568
killjoy20 STEAM_0:1:49564948
[X2X]Minikilljoy STEAM_0:0:36313339
killjoy123100 STEAM_0:0:40208924
killjoy54 STEAM_0:0:28185358
UnheardKILLJOY STEAM_0:1:24858693
[FL] Killjoy STEAM_0:0:2744596

Spoiler :
[CBC] blackdog ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ STEAM_0:0:41394721
BlackDog STEAM_0:1:17542113
blackdoggy[NL] STEAM_0:1:18671904
Blackdog STEAM_0:1:18195530

Spoiler :
Bob marley STEAM_0:1:39573337
Bobby Hill # 2 lgt 2 quit STEAM_0:1:43786435
Bob™ STEAM_0:1:57060810
Bob STEAM_0:1:61939261
[ZG] Bob From Sales STEAM_0:0:28900866
bobymroos STEAM_0:0:57226031
bobert456 STEAM_0:0:44529322
Bob STEAM_0:0:57742630
BOB ! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) STEAM_0:0:66590014
IM Bobxtm 쌀 STEAM_0:1:38319247

The name Joey Skylynx is not something that withholds a patent, nor is it something you can enforce for someone having a name similar to it, because based on the fact that he is Permanently Banned, his name is up for grabs. And if Temar had a problem with Doctor Internet joining as "The Temarinator" i think that would be for him to say, but it has no similarity nor does it have the [FL] Tags.
Now, before someone warns him for posting, he is more involved in this case than dare I say, Doomdude, as Nev was with me for the past days that I had my name changed from the norm, as would a few other people....
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Nev, having a similar name is not equallent to mimicing somebody to the finest detail, we've already covered that.
I believe that the perma ban made on Doctor here is just silly. I understand we have bad blood with Joey but as Nevinator stated in his post that there are many players with same or really similar names even ones that are close to our FL staff.

Now I will not rule out the name of "The Temarinator" as Temar can have a say on that one about that name but even so. Doctor has only 3 bans, Rarely ever gets in trouble and from the evidence from the first post, everyone jumped the gun and though Joey was back.

I honestly thing that the perma ban was way to far and he should possibly get scolded at. He is no minge nor I'd see him becoming one in the near future.

He just made a silly mistake and should be treated as such.
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
(11-11-2013, 10:09 PM)MikeyTheFox Wrote: I believe that the perma ban made on Doctor here is just silly. I understand we have bad blood with Joey but as Nevinator stated in his post that there are many players with same or really similar names even ones that are close to our FL staff.

Now I will not rule out the name of "The Temarinator" as Temar can have a say on that one about that name but even so. Doctor has only 3 bans, Rarely ever gets in trouble and from the evidence from the first post, everyone jumped the gun and though Joey was back.

I honestly thing that the perma ban was way to far and he should possibly get scolded at. He is no minge nor I'd see him becoming one in the near future.

He just made a silly mistake and should be treated as such.

I even talked to Narc before he banned me, explaining that I was not Joey, and he even said that I was Doc Internet. This isn't jumping the gun. This is jumping the gun, coming back, dissasebeling it, rebuilding it, then shooting me in the face.

Edit: However, what does my past choice of names count for?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

I repeat: having a similar name is not the same as impersonation down to the detail.
I don't really understand all that is in this case, however I was one of the staff members on when you decided to have a laugh impersonating a perm banned player, and I hold nothing against you personally or otherwise, I just want to know, what made you think it would be a good idea to set your name to that of a well known and "infamous" ex-player who is perm banned and imitate him infront of multible staff members? What was your motivation for this?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39969344&b=7]
Go fourth mighty Euro Truck Simulator warrior, run them down. Unleash your wrath upon the pedestrians. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
(11-11-2013, 10:42 PM)Killjoy Wrote: I repeat: having a similar name is not the same as impersonation down to the detail.

I repeat: Being banned forever, due to a name and avatar, is not what anyone would consider common sense, nor is it, as stated by Mikey, the correct course of action. Perhaps asking me to change my steam name? Perhaps even a kick at most. But a perma ban, for that? KillJoy, do you think that is fair, and how does it reflect no the server as a whole?

@Fiblez: It was not a spur of the moment, lol lets go troll narc. My name had been changed for days before.
Yours
Doctor Internet;