A recap of some RP basics
Here are a few points that people seem to have missed lately, or forgotten.

1) Like IRL, if someone's car comes 'slightly too near' to you, or accidently walks into you, or they jump on a table in your shop etc. You CANNOT murder them for it, like in real life .. It just doesn't happen.

2) If someone steals your car - you CANNOT randomly gun them down for doing so. The exceptions to this are if you are RPing a criminal/professional gangster etc. In this case, it MUST be RP'd properly. (This means if the police arrest you for it - don't whine FAILCOPS in OOC.)

3) You can't expect the police to turn a blind eye to everything. If they see citizens with an AK out in public, expect to be arrested for it. If you point the gun at people/fire it - expect to be killed for it.

4) Learn to accept losing from time to time. You're not a super-cool-insta-win-gangsta'. You don't get to murder the whole city because you feel like it - and if you get arrested/killed it's just better RP. Learn to live with it.

Just think about how things are IRL - people don't murder other people ALL the time for a misdemeanour.
The following 2 users Like Sniperwolf's post:
  • Penguin, Noobias
Also this was very clear in here but just for emphasis:
Shooting is ALWAYS a last resort.
-Signature removed-
The following 1 user Likes s.J.'s post:
  • Noobias
I stand by my judgement that RolePlay is

75% common sense.
20% following the rules.
5% pressing keys to make your character move.
So you said if you are a Professional Criminal for example and someone steals your car that you have to 'RP it properly'. How does RPing it properly work exactly? Just wondering so I dont get in trouble for it and this is the first I have heard of that rule.
Can I add something?
When there is an active police crime scene, from investigating a car crash, to chasing a stolen vehicle, to a dangerous sealed off hostage situation where they all have their guns out - People CONSTANTLY run into the area past police, and when they get their ass arrested or get told to leave, whine about failcops... This isn't jellybaby land, this is fearRP. In reality people get SCARED at hostage situations, and if some are interested, they NEVER EVER cross that police line. Cheeky reporters are the exception, and I've only ever seen Biowulf RP that, 99.9% of the time the offender is a retarded unemployed citizen, who contrary to what you might expect is normally a good RPer. It seriously makes things a lot more frustrating for both the police and criminals/hostage as it takes up a huge amount of time and leads to endless whining. A few days ago I was in a great RP hostage situation at the offices, and we had negotiated to their demands and were setting something up, yet what should've taken 3 minutes to get ready took over 20 as citizens kept on jumping the police barricade, even after they'd been shoo'd away or arrested. One person even got killed as he ran past cops into the elevator and pulled out a rifle - Seems he was intend on going vigilante, so officers had to shoot him so he didn't get the hostage killed.

To put it simply: DON'T BE RETARDED. In reality people never just hop police barricades - You shouldn't either. Give them a wide berth and RP being scared, or interested but not willing to break the law/not mentally retarded.

Thank you.

Oh, also, driving RP.. I'll admit, I've fallen short on this a few times, but I try my best - Right side of the road, in reality 99% of people don't speed, NO-ONE in RL is stupid enough to pit police cars, there aren't ramming wars, and red lights exist. In fact I think I'm the only person who stops at red lights - Never seen anyone else. And then you all wonder why I pull you over in my cop car and demand to know what the hell you're trying to pull for running that light.