Military schooling and subjects
(01-13-2013, 04:38 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: Well, I don't like to boast but I'm pretty badass at Battlefield 3 so I know a thing or two about army training.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
The following 1 user Likes Colonel Burger's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy
(01-15-2013, 03:31 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: I'd recommend you make an account and visit this thread on Facepunch.
A lot of the guys there are ex-military, presently military, or on combat tour and will be more then willing to help you out.

Thanks ill be sure to check it out Cheese
Found this, may or may not be useful, I'm US military but this link seems to be for the canucks. http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=82944.0 I <3 my northern brothers. Go Canucks! Some canadian soldier taught me to say that. He called us Cowboys. I don't know why cause most of us weren't from the country but it was funny at the time.
Stop considering what grades you need for infantry, and start considering what grades you'll want on your CV at the end of your military career. You won't be an infantryman forever, and once that ends you're going to want decent grades. Via military, I'd really recommend taking subjects suchs as maths, chemistry, physicst - You said you were interested in being an engineer, well, military experience + those grades would make a very nice combination. You won't get to the highest paid branches of engineering i.e. nuclear/chemical unless you do further schooling after military, but you'll have a good basis for civil, mechanical, possibly electrical engineering depending on what you do.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • D0ctor
The military is not a career, it's maybe 2-5 years of your life. Only a tiny fraction of people who enter the military will manage to get a full lifetime career out of it. Don't put your education into 2-5 years of your life, unless you want to live a life in bottom wage after you're done in the military. Education wise, concentrate on getting the grades required to go down a good, well paid career path, it won't make a difference when it comes to joining the military assuming you've got the basic grades any job requires(basic maths, English etc)
wow I didn't even think Canada had a military. Never hear about them fighting in wars or anything else, just thought they kept to them selves.
If you still need any help or advice feel free to contact me, i was is the BAF (british armed forces) for 8 years. 4 of which were spent with the RMC's (Royal marine commando's). anyway any advice or career planning i am your man, that stands for anyone if you are thinking about joining the military especially the British i can help also zaeed massani used to be a para so he can help too! Cheese

(01-15-2013, 02:21 PM)Faustie Wrote: Stop considering what grades you need for infantry, and start considering what grades you'll want on your CV at the end of your military career. You won't be an infantryman forever, and once that ends you're going to want decent grades. Via military, I'd really recommend taking subjects suchs as maths, chemistry, physicst - You said you were interested in being an engineer, well, military experience + those grades would make a very nice combination. You won't get to the highest paid branches of engineering i.e. nuclear/chemical unless you do further schooling after military, but you'll have a good basis for civil, mechanical, possibly electrical engineering depending on what you do.
Also this is great advice seeing as after the military I am now training to be a sodding P.E (sports) teacher!

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

Thanks to everyone that helped out with giving tips and advice for my future I am truly grateful for all of this outpour of support, thanks to all who contributed to this thread, Fearless community is truly a brotherhood that I hope to do the same as all of you whenever I can.