Estleback Corporation
Good to see this clan is still up and running! :O
The following 2 users Like CorieTheNub's post:
  • Reebs, Dragnort_
(11-15-2017, 02:25 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Good to see this clan is still up and running! :O

Did you read the above posts?
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(11-15-2017, 02:59 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 02:25 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Good to see this clan is still up and running! :O

Its still runnig tho innit
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 7 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Reebs, CorieTheNub, LordOfMemory, Dragnort_, Fultz, Lewwings, MasterNoda
(11-15-2017, 03:08 PM)Floodify Wrote:

No events lately, plus it is closing down so yeah
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(11-15-2017, 03:49 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote:

Its still runnig tho innit????????
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Lewwings, CorieTheNub, Floodify, MasterNoda

keyword there, 'closing'. Its still runnig tho innit
The following 3 users Like CorieTheNub's post:
  • Lewwings, Floodify, MasterNoda
(11-15-2017, 04:06 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:

Yh but its still actually 'running' tho it is 'closing' you are all right
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
(12-27-2017, 02:11 PM)Grizzly Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 04:06 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 02:59 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote: Did you read the above posts?

Yh but its still actually 'running' tho it is 'closing' you are all right

ty for the month later reply. I have been waiting for someone to give more context, and I am now more informed on the situation. I appreciate it.
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Floodify, Lewwings, General Rickets, dawson270500
-
[Image: AA3OiVZ.png]

5 years ago this minute, a story began;
now it comes to an end.

It both saddens me, and gives me immeasurable pleasure, to announce the likely immutable closure of the Estleback Corporation.

I was astounded by the amount of positive support we received after I posted the initial closure confirmation post. I was under the impression that we were public enemy number one! I cannot thank you, the public, enough for your kind words, as it is a powerful tool to keep one motivated to push themselves to the finish line.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough.

Since that final post was created, there has been a change of plan, from a glorious escapade celebrating our five years in operation, in the form of a six part roleplay event, to nothing. The reasons that the events were not carried out mirrors that of the reasons for closing this operation down in the first place.

I chose to end this clan rather selfishly after I came to the realisation that there is no point channelling all of your efforts into a online vision of success, when you can emulate it real life. In other words, the amount of effort it takes to sustain something like Eslteback could be better placed, which would bring me closer to my real life objectives and goals. 

After talking with my team, it was agreed that it would be unjust to appoint someone else as Director, as they believed that keeping a founding member in charge would be the best way to ensure the direction did not go astray. Therefore, closure was the only option.

It would be unfair to thank just our friends and allies that we have made during this journey. We must also thank our enemies in every capacity, for it is the people that we dislike that gives a peacekeeping organisation such as Estleback purpose, and ensures evolution takes its course.

We have had many toils and troubles over the years, from the recent Bentley scandal, all the way back to the Ministry of Peace lawsuit. These events define a clan and the unique experiences one receives from being involved in such a wonderful sub community.

However, this doesn't come without its caveats. Over the last year, many "fast food clans" have come and gone; built on hype, sustained by preestablished friendship, and killed off by repetition. I feel that these structures are greatly unhealthy to the clan scene, as choice is made easy, and juggernauts can be established in as little as weeks. Using their power to crush any opposition, they are free to reign as they wish, until they inevitably disband, and there is a surplus of free players for the taking, most of which have a chip on their shoulder due to propaganda they were subjected to by their leaders.

The latter point makes me feed greatly indignant, as some individuals are consciously going out of their way to try and influence peoples opinions through psychological manipulation in order for them to get ahead in a virtual game. How sad.

This post would not have been written if it wasn't for Floodify. He would be angry and start spamming me if I didn't include him in this post, so there you go! However, in all seriousness, the clan hasn't been the same without him. Although I believe my team and I had changed many things for the better, after he left, a piece of the clan was missing, irreplaceable and lost under the sofa. It was his generosity and willingness to see the best in people that led to me being in this position and even in the clan in the first place! He was a magnificent leader, and will certainly not go forgotten.

Finally, looping back to the start, I believe a huge praise has to go out to the Fearless community as a whole. Although it is odd to thank many people who have indirectly been part of this, just your acknowledgement in the form of a post like, a complement in ooc, or even a visit to our amazingly shabby monorail was enough to make running this thing worthwhile. 

However, this is nothing in comparison to the enjoyment it brought to the people who took it seriously and wanted to be part of our events; the team I will never forget, and the driving force behind the brand - every members main motivation to keep calm and carry on.

Kind regards,
Link
Community Member Since 2012
The following 3 users Like Link's post:
  • TheSiphon, Lewwings, Grizzly
Re-opened as Per Request
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 2 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Reebs, Equinox