Demoted from Moderator.
True, sad to see you be demoted Salinsky. You always answered @ requests, you did a good job in my opinion.
For those of you saying that v33x will turn into a mingefest just because Salinsky is not on it, I would like to add I have and will be spending most of my time on it. And when I finish college for the holidays after Wednesday, I will always be on Steam for you to shout at me when you need it.
The following 4 users Like Termin's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow, Alejandro, Ne0ster, Salinsky
(12-17-2012, 11:10 PM)Doctor_Enzyme Wrote: * Doctor_Enzyme shakes his head in disagreement.

Yeah, this is not good news, nor shall people *** around in the forums about it *cough*SJ*cough*.
You were a damn good moderator keeping v33x pretty clean when I've accidently joined the server. Had fun today on our RP, shame to see this was the result.

Ps, the Hummer looked bad ass Wink

(12-18-2012, 07:39 AM)Ne0ster Wrote: Wow.. Salinsky was the moderator that moderated v33x for hours when he first got appointed the job. He made v33x a minge proof server during his time as a moderator. Sad to see him get demoted Sad

Yeah, the Hummer was awesome! Wink

(12-18-2012, 07:56 AM)Termin Wrote: For those of you saying that v33x will turn into a mingefest just because Salinsky is not on it, I would like to add I have and will be spending most of my time on it. And when I finish college for the holidays after Wednesday, I will always be on Steam for you to shout at me when you need it.

That's nice to hear.
I'm sad to hear that, Salinsky.
(12-18-2012, 03:01 AM)Nyxeify Wrote: Sorry for flaming so much. When things are unfair and not done by justice, my fuse runs out pretty quickly. As you can probaly tell I am greatly dissapointed and angry at the decision to demote Salinsky. It was the last straw for me so to speak. I feel it was unfair and he should indeed have been left off the hook.

I would ask that at least Equalizer (who is also a mod I might add) to grow up and not call me names so childishly. He also falsely claims to have taught me how to roleplay and behave, yet that is not true. Yes he taught me how to put down a keypad (Yes I'm a newbie at building, but not roleplaying thanks very much) Here I thought moderators were supposed to be the role images and all that, yet here's a grand example. Mr Equalizer the name calling bully.

Anyways I would like to leave some constructive feedback for you guys which I've been thinking about for some time.

Here it is:

Before I leave the community I would like to give some constructive feedback to the team. To prevent an unfair and silly demotion like Salinsky's again. If they would be so kind to at least consider it for the sake of everyone on the server.

A system of 3 people to administer who gets promoted/demoted from the moderators team (maybe even admins team?)

These 3 people would consist of:

A regular player without any privileges, a mod, an admin.

The regular player would be able to supply feedback to the mod and admin about how the general community/playerbase feels about the current administrative work being done on the different servers. Also supplying feedback as to which moderators might need to be demoted or promoted.

The mod would supply feedback as to which players might be fit for a promotion or demotion.

The admin would supply feedback on all of these.

Then they would all 3 vote on whether someone needs to be promoted/demoted. If 1 or 2 disagrees it won't go through. All 3 have to agree in order for a promotion/demotion to be made.

The team would be switched out with 3 new people every 2-3 months or so, to prevent favouritism.

Applications for all 3 positions could be done on the forum. Applicants for the regular player spot would need a certain amount playtime on the server and a certain amount of rp points as well to prevent any minges/unserious applicants from getting the position.

An application could look like this:

Name/IGN:
Playtime on the server:
RP Points:
Why you want this position:

Then everyone on the server would be able to vote for who gets the positions. Including new players, old players, mods, admins, your grandmom, etc etc.

Democracy and not Dictatorship basically Wink

So basically it would end up like this:

Regular Player, Mod and Admin all gets together atleast twice in a month to discuss the promotion/demotion of mods (admins?) They would also be able to discuss serious abuse reports.

Then every 2-3 months there would be a new team voted in to replace the previous 3.

You would need to have been off the team for atleast 6 months (more/less?) beforing being able to apply for a spot again if you so wish.

Feel free to put your own input/suggestions.

Once again you throw accusations without funding them with evidence and as an outcome you just discredit yourself completely. What you proposed is worth of DarkRP where most of the admins are people that actually bought it. We run a trust system, giving them as much freedom as needed to be able to do their jobs properly, they don't need a babysitter with an "Approved" stamp lurking behind them. The only reason why you are annoyed is because Salinsky was demoted, I'm sorry too since I know how he handles the servers since he used to report me frequently, but you have to stop calling this system wrong and corrupt just because we made an action you did not agree with.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
The following 1 user Likes Ruxandra's post:
  • aviator
(12-18-2012, 12:47 AM)Vauld Wrote: We're all sad to see Salinsky go because we all do realise that he's a nice guy and did his job very well. Although, no one needs to react the way that people are reacting at this moment.

Our community is not corrupt nor is it going downhill by any means, we've actually been improving on a massive scale within the last few months. The demotion of Salinsky was for abusing the tools granted to him, he basically turned a hummer into a large armoured vehicle (Tank looking thing).

Due to this, we had to take action despite us knowing Salinsky was a good moderator. As many of you know, Zealord was warned for modding cars and Salinsky knew about it. Meaning, Salinsky knew that what he was doing was against the policy of the server. Admins don't even have permission to alter vehicles with props...

This being said, it's not like we randomly demoted him. There was valid evidence and reason behind this. Many of you are probably concerned that the servers quality will go down. One of you even mentioned that we have inactive admins, and the truth is, yea, we have many inactive admins... We're currently trying to solve these issues, and we should have results soon.

The flaming though, it needs to stop immediately. Yes, Salinskys apology was a bit sarcastic, I think that's fairly noticeable. That is no reason though to start a flame war, nor is it a reason to start complaining about how corrupt we are, due to the fact that we really aren't corrupt at all, and I can assure you of that. If you don't have something nice or legitimately constructive to say, your post will be removed and you will be warned, it's that simple.

Once again, we're all sad to see him go, and we're currently working in order to improve the quality of our servers, there should be results soon. The flaming stops here though...

I didn't know Zealord was warned for modifying vehicles, that's what I am saying the entire time, I never recieved a forum PM from him like the other moderators did (From what I've heard). This is also why I don't understand that I, for making basically the same mistake as Zealord, get demoted instantly.

The post was not intended sarcasticly, it was intented as a notification of my demotion and me admitting what I did was wrong, only thing I am really frustrated about is that I never recieved a warning, thus not being properly informed that modifying a vehicle for RP purposes (Which the majority of the people on the server enjoyed, might I add) was not in my power, yes, I overdid the modification, I'll be honest, I shouldn't have made it like that.

Sorry for my reactions last night, I was, obviously, frustrated. I have calmed down a bit, I just hope Termin will keep his word and administrate on V33, where I spent most of my time as a moderator, hours un-end, to keep it safe from minges, so RP could actually take place.
(12-18-2012, 10:18 AM)Salinsky Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 12:47 AM)Vauld Wrote: We're all sad to see Salinsky go because we all do realise that he's a nice guy and did his job very well. Although, no one needs to react the way that people are reacting at this moment.

Our community is not corrupt nor is it going downhill by any means, we've actually been improving on a massive scale within the last few months. The demotion of Salinsky was for abusing the tools granted to him, he basically turned a hummer into a large armoured vehicle (Tank looking thing).

Due to this, we had to take action despite us knowing Salinsky was a good moderator. [b]As many of you know, Zealord was warned for modding cars and Salinsky knew about it.[/b[ Meaning, Salinsky knew that what he was doing was against the policy of the server. Admins don't even have permission to alter vehicles with props...

This being said, it's not like we randomly demoted him. There was valid evidence and reason behind this. Many of you are probably concerned that the servers quality will go down. One of you even mentioned that we have inactive admins, and the truth is, yea, we have many inactive admins... We're currently trying to solve these issues, and we should have results soon.

The flaming though, it needs to stop immediately. Yes, Salinskys apology was a bit sarcastic, I think that's fairly noticeable. That is no reason though to start a flame war, nor is it a reason to start complaining about how corrupt we are, due to the fact that we really aren't corrupt at all, and I can assure you of that. If you don't have something nice or legitimately constructive to say, your post will be removed and you will be warned, it's that simple.

Once again, we're all sad to see him go, and we're currently working in order to improve the quality of our servers, there should be results soon. The flaming stops here though...

I didn't know Zealord was warned for modifying vehicles, that's what I am saying the entire time, I never recieved a forum PM from him..

Well it's too late now you already called FL a corrupt shithole full of minges.
Lol.
-Signature removed-
(12-18-2012, 10:22 AM)s.J. Wrote:

Due to this, we had to take action despite us knowing Salinsky was a good moderator. [b]As many of you know, Zealord was warned for modding cars and Salinsky knew about it.[/b[ Meaning, Salinsky knew that what he was doing was against the policy of the server. Admins don't even have permission to alter vehicles with props...

I didn't know Zealord was warned for modifying vehicles, that's what I am saying the entire time, I never recieved a forum PM from him..

Lol.

Not true. That's my fault alone. Salinsky is an amazing guy and an amazing roleplayer. I say if he wants to continue playing on FL it could only benefit the community.

As for me I guess it is indeed too late. I did my best, trying to say the harsh things. Some people may not agree, or claim that I'm lying. Either way it's just my opinion, and I keep my right to say it out loud. Sorry if it hurts, but that's been my experience of this server so far. That it's corrupt basically.

I really hope the admins stay true to their word of keeping the servers mingefree, because it would be such a shame if it did indeed turn into a bigger mingefest now that Salinsky is no longer moderator.

And my suggestion for a system to keep away the bad moderators and admins would not work then I suppose. Just trying to help in making things better. Would love if things changed somehow though, simply for the sake of the regular players on the server.

My two cents. Take em or leave em Nervous
(12-18-2012, 10:22 AM)s.J. Wrote:

Lol.

Salinsky didn't say that, thats just a load of bullshit. You're seriously a waste of space and you obviously enjoy aggrovating people. Your the most childish person I've ever met, grow up and think before you post.

EDIT: You're still an asshole regardless of what Salinsky said
I did say that the community is filled with trolls and is a shithole, in a different thread.