Meta / Awaiting Update [Examples/Advice] RP custom scenarios - In depth
RP custom scenarios

Content table:
1.Dentist
2.Door-to-door Salesman
3.Lawyer
4.Fine dining

Hello and welcome to the expanding guide, where I will walk you through the basics of custom RP scenarios! Yes that is right you do not have to get one of Fearless's jobs to RP. In fact some of the best RP lies else where and it all originates from changing your job from Unemployed to something creative. I am going to demonstrate and show some custom scenarios to do. Please remember I cannot cover every single custom job because there is almost an infinite amount of ideas. This guide will be expanding and it aims to be stickied, so always check in to see if it has developed further! If you want me to write about one of your ideas please feel free to pm me and I can credit your name. Constructive criticism is supported please offer this and also support :p

1.Dentist RP Guide

Location can vary because the dentist could probable be any standard from highly prestigious and wealthy to a crazy man who wants to experiment on teeth in the slums! Commonly you would set up RP in the boutique in v2 or if this is not available the apartments or even the office environment of the MTL. If you are going for the slightly mad Dentist idea any slum area will do!
[Image: tX5XZ.jpg]

Set up
With the removal of chairs making it a realistic experience is made harder. Of course you will want a reception of some kind e.g. with a desk, computer, sofas (for people waiting) and a few plants and maybe bookshelves. For the inspection room, you should get some kind of a tool table where you leave your implements(I will come on to those in a bit) and an operating table, a realistic one can be found in comic props and is a tilted back red chair with arms. The patient should usually sit or lie down on this but without chairs it is made harder (maybe some support for when the player sleeps he hitches in to position.) As for the implements various sharp objects make it more amusing like the hook found under useful props and various other pointed items.
[Image: 8tUWx.jpg]

Roles
There can be as few as one person or up to a recommend possible of 3-4. Firstly you will need the Dentist himself, he should (if RPing a proper dentist) be well dressed, professional and well spoken. Dentist's usually have an assistant with them who picks up the implements for him and fills in the digital evaluation form on the customers' status of teeth. Another possibility is a receptionist/secretary who arranges the times of appointment, shows the patients to the waiting room and offers drink to them e.t.c. There are many more possibilities but that is for you to imagine.
[Image: hCXRF.jpg]

How to RP it
As the Dentist you want to introduce yourself and maybe have a brief talk of the news. You then direct them to the chair and the now start using the /me command. You should pick up your implements like the hook and position it so it appears to go into the patients mouth, ask them to open wider and occasionally a /me ' pulls hard and withdraws the hook.' If you have a patient who can RP themselves they might play along /me 'screams in pain.' The Dentist should also fill the assistant in with the status of the patients teeth and they should then start saving a record on the computer of how well the patient has brushed there teeth! Of course humor should be implemented such as the Dentist slips and rips half of the patients teeth out!

My experience
For me this RP has gone down very well with others when I produce it. One time I managed to be the President's private Dentist and set up in the skybox room in nexus I ended up giving the whole force an appointment and one particular rather rude patient tried to get up and my hook got stuck therefore ripping all of his bottom teeth out!
[Image: dsHGs.png]

End

2.Door to door Salesman

This job requires no particular shop or home, however, you can have some kind of item pawn shop to run along side your business. This RP as the title suggests is all about knocking on owned homes and buildings and trying to flog your merchandise!
[Image: oGjmx.jpg]

Setup
As a Salesman you must have something to sell (well duh...) This can be interpreted in different ways, you could try and build something mechanical/ something of actual use to the players and you can deliver more studied sell points on you item. Or you can do my favorite way which is to sell absolute junk! For example this can be tea pots, stuffed animals, footballs, art or even traffic cones! Have your item on a dupe so first you knock on the potential customers door and then spawn your selling items next to you as you wait.

How to RP it
The beauty of this RP is the simplicity and requires no setup necessarily. There are numerous ways to sell your items and so therefore I will go through two: The first is the hard seller, they approach calmly and maybe gives them a compliment, you then try and sell your item and if they refuse you do not leave You may say this is an awful idea but it is part of this RP, you should continuously pester the customer until they give in and hand over the $25 for a cheap mug! The second way (which is my favorite) is the charmer, you approach your customer and lay down you items you then get their attention with a compliment, the rest is all about delivery e.g. you have a mug, stuffed toy and a piece of art "Hello Sir, may I add you are looking very nice in that suit, you must love your tea with a smile like that! Well I have just the thing how about a mug, it is blue to match those beautiful eye's you have? Well I also have this stuffed toy, and man with a face of gold must have a family a Son or Girl well either will love this toy e.t.c." Make sure you refine and practice your speech it is humorous if you say the same thing to everyone and someone you have already hassled over hears it!
[Image: ZPxw5.jpg]

My experience
I love to Salesman RP and some of those priceless laughs you get from your fellow Fearlessians are priceless. I have traveled through Evo-city many times with my sales crate adv. dupe. I always rehearse my speech so it is cleanly delivered. My favorite experience was hard selling to the President until he actually went ape and lost the plot completely( he also bought my mug :p)
End

3.Lawyer

As a Lawyer it is necessary to set up an office of some kind. The Bank of America makes a very good location in v2 and various other business type places like MTL in v33. You should advertise your location and mostly stay put and wait for customers to seek and find YOU you do not get Lawyers knocking on the door asking if you want one (well at least not usually.)
[Image: xBsVn.jpg]

Setup
As a lawyer you need to present yourself! grab a nice suit preferably black and with a tie. Your office needs to reflect your professionalism have nice oak paneling, a desk, computer, pens, pile of paper, picture of family e.t.c. Be ready to great your customer and also keep up to date in the Governmental occurrences at the time.
[Image: wrTLP.jpg]

How to RP
When a customer appears seat them down. Have a talk about their back ground to make sure that they actually have a chance in court. Then you need to ask what there problem is if they have one and offer them advice and also help if it is taken into legal action, e.g A man complains about a gangster being silly with a gun near his house you would say to not go near him and to report it to the police the next time it happens. another job is to bail people if you are asked. You will have to speak with a high ranking Government official or the President it is therefore an idea to have ties with the President so you can get to him quickly. To bail you will argue their case and if required pay some money which you will then ask for back with interest from the customer.
[Image: Zf2qS.jpg]

My experience
Lawyer RP is interesting and sometimes challenging. I have talked with many customers about issues and you get a very good idea with the relations between the varied jobs. One of my favorite court debates was my customer trying to break free of the Corleone's protection fees I had supposedly one the case but when I went to meet my 'freedman' I found his house on fire and did not dare to see if his body was dead inside (it evidently was!).
[Image: T2pwo.jpg]
End

3. Fine dining RP

To set up your restaurant you want space, on v2 you can find this in the Tides as it also has music and a nice interior. In v33 it is harder to find enough room whilst keeping a suitable interior. This is why I suggest going a bit wild and maybe having a fish restaurant next to the lake! Don't advertise too much or else you will not be getting the elite class of customer like the President or other suited V.I.Ps that you want!
[Image: oZrQr.jpg]

Setup
When you have your location e.g. Tides Hotel, you then want to start putting down your tables. There are a few tables in CSS props which I recommend. Also put plates down (Spud cannon cap.) You then want to make the place fancy. Place a bar, a sitting area, plants, a kitchen (behind a door!) e.t.c. As you will be serving important and upper class citizens of Evo-City you should also make yourself look smart with a suit and be polite. You may also want to employ other jobs such as a Barman and an entertainer who plays music (Classic/instrumental of course! Read my Musician guide if you have a lack of knowledge in this area.) Now sit tight and invite your guests. Do not over crowd your Restaurant so you can server your customers quickly.
[Image: Lh1Ie.jpg]

How to RP
When a customer arrives greet them and then offer a table out of the unoccupied ones. If they are all full you will have to apologies and give an estimate of how long until they can be seated. This is a good chance for them to sit down in your waiting area and be served by your Barman. When they are by their table tell them what the menu is (e.g.: carrot and fish with cider and then an alcoholic beverage to finish the meal.) Try different combinations of the available foods so that it is more interesting. You will then ask if they want music, if so call your musician over if you have one and he will play.) Now go into your kitchen and 'prepare' the food. How you take it back out to the table is difficult. I recommend having another hand to assist with taking it out, don't let the customer start without all the food being on the table. After you have done this leave them to eat for a few minuets and then come back and ask how it was. After this ask if they would like another drink and/or the bill. When they have paid and finished walk them back outside and thank them for dining in your restaurant.
[Image: L6KgG.jpg]

My experience
My Restaurants have always gone down very well, the trick is to be professorial and replicate what you see in real restaurants. I have served many different guests but once got in so much trouble it actually ended up with the Don arriving angry as he had not been given a seat. I lost a good Barman that day!
End
To be continued...
As of now it's quite hard to maintain a nice overview in the thread.
Perhaps you could put in a few spoilers and a list of content in the top of the post?

Besides that, good work!
Maybe you could make a sort of Table of Contents with links to each section?
Anyway great guide! I'll have to try the dentist idea!
Thank you for the nice comments!
A table coming soon.
Updateded Guide:
New content table
Fine dining Guide

Having issue with picture size and text not wrapping!
Sorry for poor layout.
Guide Approved.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
there is two 3's
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
Very detailed and creative! Nice stuff!
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]