Joey Skylynx's Unban Request
(08-19-2012, 11:45 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: The thing I find really odd is how a Hobo would get his hands on an AK-47, since they basically beg for money, sell empty bottles and cans to recycling and eat out of the trash, that seems too impossible and failish.
It was given to us by a third party.

(08-19-2012, 11:50 AM)Zzzzap Wrote: Also how could a hobo afford to waste ammo by shooting it in the air to "Protest"?
3rd Party..? And 7.62x39mm is one of the most common rounds in the market[aside from 22LR].
Sportsman Guide for Reference
Not to mention a lot of people who weren't even with the hobos[rebels, BMD, and other civilians] were also involved. You also to have to remember quiet a few of the hobos were armed with Crowbars.

(08-19-2012, 04:48 PM)Killjoy Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 09:59 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: I went there and held the gun dealer up with a crowbar[with two others] for pistol ammo, he refused and constantly broke metagame and called you over because he didn't want to be robbed[breaking fear rp?], and you yelled at me for random raiding when I was pulling off a robbery which happened to have a reason. I was robbing within the limits of the server, it was one robbery, and it could of been avoided had the gun dealer hired the multiple security groups offering services in the server.

So, when the other guy doesn't have security it's perfectly OK to raid? Uhm. No.

(08-19-2012, 10:22 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: It's why one of my friends use to hide under the table playing music while holding a gun.
I know it's irrelevant to the current case, but damn.
Yeah... May seem aggressive, but I've lost count of the times people tried robbing me with molotovs and M16s.

Back to the 1st Point: So when does it make it okay to actually rob someone?
The inactivity on this hurts...
(08-19-2012, 10:31 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 3rd Party..? And 7.62x39mm is one of the most common rounds in the market[aside from 22LR].
Not to mention a lot of people who weren't even with the hobos[rebels, BMD, and other civilians] were also involved. You also to have to remember quiet a few of the hobos were armed with Crowbars.
3rd party donated weapons and ammo for no reason at all? Seems dodgy, but okay. Still, Zzzap was pointing out that it would still have some value to hobos - if you give a homeless man your change, he won't go spending it on gumball machines for the laughs. And the fact that others were involved isn't an excuse nor does it help your case in any other way.

Joey Skylynx Wrote:Yeah... May seem aggressive, but I've lost count of the times people tried robbing me with molotovs and M16s.

Back to the 1st Point: So when does it make it okay to actually rob someone?
When you have a proper RP reason. Money or free stuff (basic financial gain) is not considered a valid reason. Just because they don't have security, is a terrible excuse.

I just can't see why we should lift your ban Joey. We've been over all this before. You just keep picking on admins in any way possible in your unban requests because frankly, you don't have a case here - you never do. 13 bans (or 8 as you claim) and not once have you shown any improvement or even remorse to your behavior.
If we unban you, you will just get back to making your own rules and disturb other people on the server, you never change and never will.
Things aren't black and white within RP. Just because one person doesn't do anything, doesn't mean every person in that entire group won't.
The whole protest/riot was triggered by the fact the president ordered the cops to attack the project housing[hobo tower] which ended with homeless and unemployed getting wounded/killed. We demanded reparations for the hobos and lower taxes and the president refused. It triggered tensions between the two parties which later caught the attention of certain people who only added more to the fire by giving us firearms, crowbars, and ammo.
When you look at something like this it always was set in motion with an RP reason. Chaos Theory will always require a cause for an effect, and ultimately the hobos had a goal on their mind. What should be praised is the simple fact that the original group of hobos[which weren't rioting] had kept their cool and were just trying to use scare tactics and show of force to make the president listen to us. Unlike many groups which use something like this as reason to go burn the Nexus down.

Killjoy Wrote:I just can't see why we should lift your ban Joey. We've been over all this before. You just keep picking on admins in any way possible in your unban requests because frankly, you don't have a case here - you never do. 13 bans (or 8 as you claim) and not once have you shown any improvement or even remorse to your behavior.
I don't show remorse for my behavior because I haven't truly found a reason to be remorseful. The only time I've regretted anything was for starting crap with Black Talon.
Anything else such as raiding, questioning certain things, and being openly challenging to any topic? I like being political.

Zzzzap Wrote:If we unban you, you will just get back to making your own rules and disturb other people on the server, you never change and never will.
That seems pretty daft. The only players I usually screw with are contrafarmers, but even then I hardly go SS or FIND anymore.

I'm going to ask a very round-about question... What do you guys see as improvement? Honestly, you've been saying this and I don't understand what you're talking about...
Improvement would be decent, realistic RP for once. Not contrahunting, no dog entities, no hobo towers. Feel free to take example from any of the players you see under the RP points bit, over here: http://www.fearlessrp.net/top20.php
However, as you made very clear - you wouldn't even know how to improve, so why should you be given the chance for that?

Your 'being political' bit does show, however in the current context we can clearly see how you've got no sense of boundaries.
Your current situation was caused by you ignoring the rules and outlines of a regulated network and currently you're trying to make the situation better (or just troll) by trying to push the boundaries again.

I'm still waiting for a brilliant response, confessing me and my fellow staff members that unbanning you would be an excellent decision.
Just as a side issue, who was the actual gundealer? I'm interested to know who would willingly give away 20 AKs to start a mass server riot.
How often do you actually see people trying to be realistic in a sandbox game? I've tried many times to set up the Kumonryu Trading Guild, but after the Fish Market Collapse, removal of the magnetize tool, and many other helpful things which could be used to increase the environment for RP's, I've lost interest in trying to create passive enviorments constantly.
[Image: 7E1062076C1EA98C01E967F4394AEDC1570B50C2]
[Image: 745DB62909022BA6D47B3BDBA7D9BD3EED24F35B]
[Image: 253B843BA58C8FFC4E7FB738B8E53687794BF473]
[Image: A8B6418E81BAA6D8F783D49AA369692C7A961CD1]
As you can tell I've got no issue with RP'ing from a realistic standpoint, and if we're going under the basis of RP Points/Money...
Quote:Your character
Name: Joey Dura
Description: None
Clan: None
Money: 1021254
Donator: 0 days
Time played: 541 Hours
RP Points: 10
Which if you honestly want me to speak from a morale standpoint... I find it humorous that it's mostly admins or friends of admins which are on the Top 10 list of RP Point holders, of course though... They aren't bias in any matter what-so-ever correct?

Faustie Wrote:Just as a side issue, who was the actual gundealer? I'm interested to know who would willingly give away 20 AKs to start a mass server riot.
The incident was roughly a month ago and I'm not exactly sure. I do recall that he was somewhere within the 200-300 Hour Range though if it helps.

Killjoy Wrote:Your current situation was caused by you ignoring the rules and outlines of a regulated network and currently you're trying to make the situation better (or just troll) by trying to push the boundaries again.
The network truly doesn't have any regulation though. The things I was banned for[aside from the public building] can have different meanings from player to player and don't actually hold any form of ground unless it was pretty damned and straight forward.
Also... As much as I would like to stay within the, "This is what I know happened blah blah" range I have to ask a question. Out of all the 20 hobos which were armed in this protest/riot and were firing off guns in the streets, why was I the only one who was punished, yet I did nothing more then fire one magazine in semi-automatic form into the sky?
I find it equally humorous that you've managed to rack up 10 points before getting permanently banned. Didn't even make me chuckle.

Not sure if you've noticed, but we have a set of rules and guides set up to better define our expectations for decent roleplay. We constantly emphasize how we promote non-aggressive and realistic RP. And again - why do the others matter, you should be focused on defending your own case here.
Joey you aren't gonna get unpermed by blaming admins, admit you broke the rules, apologize and you may still have a chance